Nokia 7 plus

Nokia 7 plus

Anonymous, 30 Jul 2019#Help.... Is there any shop in Qatar from which I can buy this... morego for 2019 released device

#Help....
Is there any shop in Qatar from which I can buy this device? My brother already has been searching in so many shop but this phone is currently unavailable on these shop.
Please guys help me by giving proper directions...

Ash, 28 Jul 2019I am torn between the Nokia 7 plus and the Huawei Y7 2019, I've ... moreNokia 7 Plus.
The difference between these two phones is huge.
It has much more powerful chipset, better camera, better display. The difference is like night and day.

VV, 28 Jul 2019Hello everyone. I really need to know if this phone is still wor... moreIt's still a very good phone.
The performance is good enough to handle heavy games like PUBG on high graphics, but Fortnite is not available for its chipset.
The camera performance is also pretty good. Although it could have benefited from more video modes.
The battery is good as well.

Nokia 8.1 is priced slightly higher than this phone in my country.
It has a more powerful chipset that supports Fortnite as well.
The camera is almost the same but main camera has OIS which allows better light capturing and adjusts to hand shakiness - this results in better quality pictures, especially in low light.
Its battery is a bit less than Nokia 7 Plus but its processor is 10nm, which is more battery efficient than Nokia 7 Plus so it should even out fot most of the part.

• Poya Hashimi

Nokia 7 Plus a Better Option.

• Devil2Death

VV, 28 Jul 2019Hello everyone. I really need to know if this phone is still wor... moreStill worth if you find a good deal. Else go for 8.1 or wait for 5.2/6.2. They are supposed to launch in August. Might come with better features. (If you want NOKIA build quality, don't wait - buy 7 plus ASAP. All the NOKIA phones released after 7 plus had Glass back, so less secure.)

• VV

Hello everyone. I really need to know if this phone is still worth it in mid 2019. I'm a casual gamer, hours-long caller and party goer. Would you recommend this phone to me or should I look at another phone. Thank you

• Ash

I am torn between the Nokia 7 plus and the Huawei Y7 2019, I've done alot of research about both.

Which one is better and which one is worth the money

For its price a great bit of kit. However I've had a multitude of problems with the phone. For one after a few months the battery had died and the phone stopped working. I had to have it repaired which was quite annoying. Now the headphone jack is partly broken and can. Only hear through 1 headphone and I have had this phone less than a year. Never had this happen to me with other phones. This is quite disappointing and leaves me with a negative impression on this phone.

Anonymous, 24 Jul 2019My screen freeze and i should lock the phone then unlock to work againI am experiencing the same problem.

Anonymous, 23 Jul 2019Who has used this phone for at least an year? I'd like to know h... moreI've been using it for over a year, and I'm very satisfied with it. still works the same as the first day, including the battery, and I'm very demanding user

Nokia 8
(extremely better performance, display, audio recording and camera that has Ois - gets much better if you install Gcam.
Can handle pubg on ultra hd graphics without lagging.
But shorter battery timing and phone size than others.
It has NFC as well).

Xiaomi Mi A3: Since you don't mind HD+ display.
(better chipset + HD display with more responsive super amoled screen = better gaming & longer battery.
Also has big battery and camera specs look decent for pictures but no ois nor eis.
Has infrared port so you can use it as a remote but no NFC).
*I haven't checked its actual performance in detail.*

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
(similar performance as Nokia 7 Plus but longer battery - longest among all in the list, though Mi A3 might come close with its lower display and more battery efficient chipset. Camera are decent, has Eis and NFC as well).

Nokia 7 Plus
(better than max pro M2 in software updates and camera for pictures but selfie cam doesn't have auto focus. Has Eis and NFC).

Realme 3:
Cheapest phone I know of that can handle pubg on HD graphics.
Battery timing is great. Third best in the list unless A3 loses second spot.
Camera is really good with accurate colours & brilliant low light performance (better than pro m2, 7 plus & note 7) with good edge detection.
Video recording is average, though you might be able to record 2k or 4k using Gcam or Open Camera. It doesn't have Eis nor NFC.

Redmi Note 7
(i don't recommend it for gaming or quality for reasons you can find in its users opinion section. It has lowest gaming performance and battery timing (except Nokia 8) out of all these devices.
Camera performance is decent in pictures and videos.
Has NFC and Infrared port.)

Some notes:
- Eis is not an important feature as it just crops frames to make video stables, which lowers their quality in exchange of more stability. Even if phone lacks it, you can use Adobe Photoshop video stability tool to get the same or better result.
- 120/60 fps recording is mainly available for 1080p videos and recording on high fps results in loss of details, so do make sure if the leftover details are acceptable to you - if you're interested in that.
- Except for Nokia 8 & Redmi Note 7, maximum settings you'll play PUBG on will be HD or FHD at best in case of Mi A3.

• dzidzosaurus

Anonymous, 23 Jul 2019Who has used this phone for at least an year? I'd like to know h... moreI have it since it was released. It is quite fine, reliable, except for some Android One bugs which are more or less common.
I had a stable usage cycle all the time with the phone. It was on charger every night, because I don't like my phone to be under 50% (you never know when you need the juice :) ), that way I might conserved my battery better than others, since Li-Ion doesn't like to be drained to bad, and also the overcharging is prohibited by the charger circuit. This way I have my battery performance on almost the same level as when I bought it. You get the most bang-for-buck with this phone. I will be using it until it breaks down, but that will be hard, since it has heavy duty alu case. The only minus is the gorilla glass, it can be scratched, so use a foil! :)

Peenoise, 24 Jul 2019Thinking of buying a pre-used 7 Plus. But I'm divided between th... moreThere are no great differences at all

My screen freeze and i should lock the phone then unlock to work again

• Peenoise

Thinking of buying a pre-used 7 Plus. But I'm divided between this, Redmi Note 7, Asus Max Pro M2, to an extent, Realme 3 (NOT the Pro), and Xiaomi A3 (I really don't mind the 720p screen, as long as I get smoother FPS in games). Realme 3 Pro (and A3) is a bit too expensive for my range but I might consider it when its price is lowered in the future.

I'm a moderate gamer that mostly plays PUBG/MOBA games. I want to experience stock Android as I heard that they perform better vs custom OS because of less bloatware. Custom OS is fine if they don't slow down too much the phone though.

Lastly, based on the opinions here, the ratio of complaints vs complements is around 50/50, with most of the cons are charging port and display malfunctions. Again, I'm going for a pre-owned unit of this model(although it's only 2 months used as of this writing), I'm kinda hesitant for going for it. So what do you think?

• Nox

Anonymous, 23 Jul 2019Who has used this phone for at least an year? I'd like to know h... moreHave had this now over a year and had no issues at all. Battery might last little less than as new but still lasts 2 days at quite heavy use. Camera is very good, when using google cam.

Anonymous, 23 Jul 2019Who has used this phone for at least an year? I'd like to know h... moreI have using it for one year. I didn't have any issue its work fine without any lag. Battery is also as good as it is at initially. No heating issue in normal day to day useage. It's heats up a little when we play intense game like pubg it's common. This phone is made up of 6 layers of ceramic coating at back its hold heat so when the temperature outside is high it's heats up while charging especially in summer. We can avoid it by switch off the phone or placing phone near to fan. In camera department it's very good. We can take good photo by adjusting shutter speed in low light. I am impressed.

• Jaymin

Anonymous, 23 Jul 2019Who has used this phone for at least an year? I'd like to know h... moreI have used it for 1 year.
I my experience is below average with it.
Initial battery was superb
Than after a year its heat up, and increased it's size so the display and display glass solidly moved up also I have a black dot on display.
In this Price range your friends using sambung and older one plus
You fill disheartened in camera section,
And display is LCD so don't even think to compare with Samsung.

Overal good product but only for 15k . That's it.
And also you don't get good after service.

Who has used this phone for at least an year? I'd like to know how it's keeping up.

How is the battery in heavy games?
Does it heat up to the point of lagging in games, ever?
How is the camera in low lighting?
Any screen or charging port problems?