Nokia C7

Nokia C7

• GadgetLover

Just wanted to add my comment here as a C7 user who has used other phones too :

I'll tell you what I use and used:

Three and a half years ago I got myself a Nokia N82. Loved it, amazing cam. Used it for two years and got myself an N900 too. Cos it was bulky for everyday use, I kept using my N82, but kept the N900 as an alternative cos frankly, I love its OS and its customizability.

Last year, I decided to go Android, I got a Galaxy S. It wasn't easy switching to a new OS but I kept on it, (it was on Eclair 2.1), flashed some custom roms and was thrilled when Froyo came out. I did experience some lags and reboots, and it wasnt very forgiving to falls, I managed to chip the side after just one fall.Battery was bad but I charged it every night.

Getting a little weary with the Galaxy, I bought an iPhone 4. (I keep all my old phones btw,sentimental value, I even have my Nokia 3310) I loved the App market (android market in late 2010 wasnt as good as today), and its easy to use UI. The phone just made me feel a little dumb though, didnt FEEL like a smartphone, but was good, till one day for some reason it froze while connected to iTunes, and I had to restore it. From that point on, it was one huge struggle with iTunes, if I managed to sync my music, my books would be gone, my old apps refused to sync in totality, I restored the firmware (and upgraded) five times in all.

Since the iPhone wasnt very usable in that state, I went back to the Galaxy S, and then bought a C7 for my wife, wanting to upgrade myself to a SGS2 when it came out.

I customized the C7 with all the apps and games that caught my fancy and started using it as a phone myself, instead of giving it to my wife, when I was done with customizing it (bought a Galaxy Ace for her ), and recently upgraded my C7 to Anna.

Long story short, here's what I do with my phones now :

I retired the N82.

I use the N900 to browse the net and check out devel apps in maemo and also as a multimedia player (it rocks for that)

I use the Galaxy S to browse the android market and toy with Android apps and ROMs.

I use the iPhone to browse the net and for iOS apps, some of which are quite useful.I can never use this as a proper smartphone again, cos it has no content other than apps. (no music/media/books/documents)(dont tell me to use iTunes again.)

BUT, and here's the but which I find strange too, after having used all these phones (and still using them), the phone I carry with me day in and day out is the C7. I make my calls, sms's , gaming, music, videos and social networking on the C7. The only thing I wouldnt use it for is Internet browsing. I find the apps adequate (I've put some in belonging to s60v5 cos they were useful and they work fine), and this phone is my everyday phone. Am waiting for Belle now, and have temporarily deferred buying an SGS2, am waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich to come out.

I dont know how long I'll use the C7. For today, its more than enough for all my needs. Tomorrow, I may go with a newer Android (never iOS, I can guarantee you), but for today I'm using the C7 cos it works for me, and I havent had any problems with it.

And yes, I have my other phones as "toys" too.

Irfan, 01 Sep 2011I up dated my phone with 22 ana update now 24 avilble in my coun... morepls dont update to 24 it has problem cos i update mine to 24 but purple tint appear on my screen. It dim my set . Nokia do something on this software or else ...

Arshu, 01 Sep 2011Hell Boy... I am not complaining about the battery too much... y... moreif you switch on battery saving mode the battery will last you much much longer. Switch it off only when you need to admire the screen :P

• Autofocus

Where is the autofocus? Suggest me a altenative autofocus camera mobile.

• Brix

AnonD-20248, 01 Sep 2011what is the reason behind the extream hotness while using 3g?ple... moreThe 3G network is good, especialy if you are using internet on your phone.
But if you are using 3G network, the battery of phone drain fast...

• Irfan

I up dated my phone with 22 ana update now 24 avilble in my country pakistan what is defrance plase tell me

• AnonD-20248

what is the reason behind the extream hotness while using 3g?please give some precautions for these.

• Arshu

AnonD-15970, 01 Sep 2011On battery saver mode, the battery will last you around 4 days. ... moreHell Boy... I am not complaining about the battery too much... you know something, since the phone is rich in features... and that's what we bought it for ... why not use it. Surfing the net through wifi, music, games, movies etc, they all eat-up batteries.

If you dont use the phone, the battery can last you many many days. What'd you say.

• clinsot

use of 3g makes the mobile very much hot .Is there any tips to prevent this?

• Rab

i think taht nokia should have pushed C7 rather than N8 in their marketing plan, and they are realizing their misstake just now(C7 / Astound / 701).
the average mobile user want something beautiful, classy, has most of the existing features, reliable & acceptably priced device that will use for 12 to 18 months & buy something new.

Arshu, 01 Sep 2011good down to earth review no doubt the phone is good... just ... moreOn battery saver mode, the battery will last you around 4 days. So unless you need to be mesmerized by the screen at all times, you should use that and quit complaining.

AnonD-20111, 31 Aug 2011The C7 is very simply the best phone I ever owned. Feature set... moregud review...i realy like it.

• Arshu

AnonD-20111, 31 Aug 2011The C7 is very simply the best phone I ever owned. Feature set... moregood down to earth review

no doubt the phone is good... just the battery... well cant help... got to live with it.

• Brix

Use the GSM network or 2G network , to avoid batTery drains fast..

• miyaw

AnonD-19840, 29 Aug 2011Just updated my phone with Anna through OVISuite via PC, the sof... morehave the same kind of problem and same situation...still has no solution...keep me posted..

AnonD-20111, 31 Aug 2011The C7 is very simply the best phone I ever owned. Feature set... moreWell said! I second all you said. Very good review and opinion.

• zainu

Anonymous, 30 Aug 2011hi guys i want to buy a new mobile and i am asking your opinion ... morevery good super

• soni

everything is fine with this phone except the phone battery drains faster. talk time / stand by time is very less.

• Brix

AnonD-20111, 31 Aug 2011The C7 is very simply the best phone I ever owned. Feature set... moreHow to download the angRy birds to c7?