Nokia C7

Nokia C7

AnonD-20111, 31 Aug 2011The C7 is very simply the best phone I ever owned. Featur... moreWell said! I second all you said. Very good review and opinion.

• zainu

Anonymous, 30 Aug 2011hi guys i want to buy a new mobile and i am asking your opi... morevery good super

• soni

everything is fine with this phone except the phone battery drains faster. talk time / stand by time is very less.

• Brix

AnonD-20111, 31 Aug 2011The C7 is very simply the best phone I ever owned. Featur... moreHow to download the angRy birds to c7?

Ash, 31 Aug 2011Has anyone used "Camera Pro" on a C7?... I heard ... moreYeah you do. 30 fps 720p. It's a bit tough to find the video settings though.

• AnonD-20111

The C7 is very simply the best phone I ever owned.
Feature set is outstanding and beats the likes of iPhone and SGS:
Telephony is excellent - much clearer and louder than on my Samsung Galaxy S that I had before.
Handsfree is better than the one I have in my car - loud enough too.
Symbian Calendar and Adress book are - in my book - still the best.
Videorecording is excellent and renders a separate videodevice obsolete, camera is ok outdoors.
Navigation is top-notch with excellent GPS reception (if A-GPS is enabled) and live traffic information that covers (at least here in Germany) even city roads.
OLED Display is great, videoplayback is the best I have seen: Plays everything I throw at it: avi, mkv, mp4, mov -and up to 720p resolution.
Musicplayback is great, RDS radio helpful at times, radio transmitter very useful in (rental) cars without aux-in.
NFC is there, might get useful in 2012...
Battery live is ok: I get between 12 and 48 hours depending on use - but battery is exchangeable and you can get a spare for 6 USD including shipping.
USB host feature is useful sometimes for getting data from USB sticks, but with 8 GB internal memory + 32 GB microSD I rarely need it. You will need an adapter too. 6 USD from China as well.
Downsides:
Internetsurfing is not the strong side of this device - resolution is too low, browser not the best. However, it is still sufficient for such a small device.
- It can get sluggish with lots of apps running in the background.
- OVI is still faaaaar behind android or Apple. However, most of the populare games are available for the C7 as well (Angry birds, Asphalt 5+6, some Gameloft titles) and thanks to the PowerVR accelerator they look good too.
- Some stuff is not in the box: USB Host cable, Video out cable - but all is easy too find and much cheaper than the Apple equivalent.
Verdict:
If you can live with Symbian and don't need the camera of the N8 or the keyboard of the E6 buy it.
I would buy it again any time !

• Ash

Anonymous, 29 Aug 2011It doesnt come with any of these in the box :)I guess we could say that Nokia is a bit stingy. They should provide all the accessories in the box.

• Ash

Has anyone used "Camera Pro" on a C7?... I heard we get 30fps movie clips with Camera Pro. is it true?

thanks

• AnonD-19840

Anonymous, 30 Aug 2011Yes, it will work just fine. Only problem is that it is a 5... morewhat is 50 MB dl

rohitnigam, 30 Aug 2011hi... when i restart my c7, it says system error, how can i... moreTry updating ur phone to laest version (22 or 24 symbian anna) using nokia ovi suite on your pc. it probably fixes ur problem

AnonD-19840, 30 Aug 2011U mean to update the anna update 1 & 2 through GPRS? ... moreYes, it will work just fine. Only problem is that it is a 50MB dl.

• gadda

Manish, 27 Aug 2011I've been using C7 for last 5 months, recently started usin... moreYes it does get hot a bit but not too much. but that's not a fault cause the batt drains faster when making video calls.

hi guys i want to buy a new mobile and i am asking your opinion about nokia C7 . shall anybody answer me

• AnonD-19840

sree, 29 Aug 2011Go to a service center and just update your software. It re... moreThanks Sree, but if i activate GPRS on my phone, can i update it through GPRS? wil it work?

pls reply

• AnonD-19840

Anonymous, 29 Aug 2011use the set sw update to install the remaining 2 anna and ... moreU mean to update the anna update 1 & 2 through GPRS?

am i right, will that download the update, will it work?

musa11, 29 Aug 2011I got my C7 on 21 Aug and I have updated it to Anna on 22 A... moreNo doubts its really a wonderful cell phone because it has all the features and we really appreciate the Nokia Company by this great invention but price is too much higher.
Mohsin Masood/ Irfan Ch/Inam Mughal/ Sesil (Pvt) Ltd Sialkot

• rohitnigam

hi... when i restart my c7, it says system error, how can i solve this problem. plz help me. everytime its shows same error message. plz help me out.

AnonD-1805, 29 Aug 2011Is it up-gradable to Symbian Belle?Yes, it will be, in future.

• digi-bwn_india

harry, 27 Aug 2011hello everybody,i want to ask that i hve upgraded my to ann... moreHarry, immediate update anna1/2 and 2/2 otherwise the firmware will not work properly.