Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Stupid me.

Aadrian, 11 Aug 2013Look at that, 27% of daily interest. The N8 never gives up, what... moreThat is joke :-). Thursday night ET it was 31%.

Look at that, 27% of daily interest. The N8 never gives up, what a great device.

does symbian belle increase camera quality?? i see one of the bloggers shown camera quality is decreased when upgrade to belle at night..anyone experience?

• Stupid me

AnonD-131418, 09 Aug 2013how to know my nokia n8 is symbian anna or belle version?how to ... moreHey! Take your time and learn your phone OK. Don't rush into anything. I was just teasing you yesterday!!! Step by step is the safe way.

• Stupid me

AnonD-131418, 09 Aug 2013how to know my nokia n8 is symbian anna or belle version?how to ... morePress "Call" (bottom right hand corner on screen). When the keyboard comes up, type in *#0000# as if you are making a phone call. You will get a long list of the things in your system. Mine has Anna. If you don't see Belle, then it is definitely not in your phone. (Oh, the layout is like that if you have Anna).

It is shown at the beginning of the Belle video as well. Remember the link that Carol provided? Hope you can get a chance to look at it. It is real cool.

How to take a photo of the moon with Nokia N8:

1. Install CameraPro QT 3: http://store.ovi.com/content/213849
2. Flash - Off
3. Exposure Mode - Center
4. Focus Mode - Infinity
5. Image Controls - Brightness - slide all the way to the left
6. ISO Rate: 100
7. Zoom - slide to maximum
8. Aim at the moon so that it is in the center of the image and have a VERY steady hand
9. Shoot!

(For a bigger moon, climb on a mountain.)

how to know my nokia n8 is symbian anna or belle version?how to check...

• Carol

AnonD-131418, 08 Aug 2013how to check type of OS in my n8?what is funcition ND filter and... moreThe difference between the two is quite big!!! So if you have belle you know it. IS much more easy then anna:). For symbian newbies. Anyways. If you can access the net, take a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLtNjlbGPj0 to see the Symbian belle.

AnonD-131418, 08 Aug 2013how to check type of OS in my n8?what is funcition ND filter and... moreND filter is automatic, when you take a photo with strong light (sun, lightbulbs, reflection of sun on some metallic surface etc) in the scene it makes the image look right.

To check the software version dial *#0000# and you'll see it.

Camera and video quality improved from S^3 to Symbian Anna (esp video framerate), and on Belle Refresh it stayed like it was in Anna. But, with Belle you get more bug fixes, some more options, security, compatibility with new apps, etc.

• Stipid me

AnonD-131418, 08 Aug 2013i have new nokia n8..should i upgrade nokia symbian belle??..wha... moreJUST DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Then tell us how it went! I got my hard copy of the upgrade instructions yesterday (finally), so I am just waiting to hear how your upgrade went. You go first! Men are supposed to be braver than women.

Hear what! Have either Carol or MdN ever sent us on the wrong track? If they say it is good, then it is good - else you better stop listening to them. They are using that system and are recommending it, so what does that tell you? The only fear is doing it yourself without daddy to hold your hand. I mean, these fellas reading me loud and clear. They know I want to upgrade to Belle and they know too, that I am a real coward. So, just do it and tell us, will ya!!!!

how to check type of OS in my n8?what is funcition ND filter and how to use?i have new n8.

i have new nokia n8..should i upgrade nokia symbian belle??..what are improvement for nokia n8?does it increase camera quality or video quality?

Stupid me, 07 Aug 2013I really like your term "capability". It is an AWESOME... moreMost reports say it's true - charge it whenever you can. Li-ion batteries have a longer life if they are always around 3/4 full, and can be damaged if you run them completely empty and leave them like that. Also, always try to charge it fully, until the charging animation stops. Of course, once in a month or two you can empty it completely and then fully charge it all the way - it's for battery level monitor calibration.

what about viber gor this N8 phone is there an update using voice calls

N8fanclub is back! It looks a little different now, but they are here again. :-)

• Carol

AnonD-131418, 07 Aug 2013today i get a new nokia n8..how to make wifi is connect automati... moreIt will connect automatically to known networks, the ones you've already gave a password to. But for sure it cannot connect to a network without knowing it's password:). So, the bottom line is that. When you give a password for a network, the phone will know The particular network as KNOWN and will be connecting automatically whenever you are receiving signal from it. But will not know other passwords and networks without giving their passwords.

• Carol

Stupid me, 07 Aug 2013Carol! Carol! Carol! I have a bone to pick with you, dear! I... moreYeah, sometimes i'm trying to hard not to complicate things with people that i forget about small, simpler things:). It is normal, i'm almost 30 for... :))).

• Carol

MdN, 07 Aug 2013Hey, WOW, you just made my night! I connected my phone to the TV... moreYeah, nice experience huh?:) a small movin PC:)).

• Carol

Mannix, 07 Aug 2013Carol i was eager to know if i can play on line movie on my big ... moreHey, sorry, i always used wi-fi. But i will try to do a test of what you asked and will tell you how many mb downloaded during video streaming...

• Stupid me

AnonD-131418, 07 Aug 2013today i get a new nokia n8..how to make wifi is connect automati... moreOh! Good for you! We'll learn together. Always nice to have company!!! This phone will exercise your brain, guaranteed!

For wifi: Settings/Connectivity/WLAN. Try whatever shows up. My wifi is permanently "on" and it comes on only when I am using it (for browsing etc). I have wifi at home so that helps.

I had a little trouble getting the hang of it the first few days. I use data on demand (from my prepaid money) and that is the extremely rare occasion. Not tying up my foot with any data plan/contract.

Don't go into F Secure at all!!!! Nothing in there to interest you either. GOOD LUCK!