Nokia N8

Nokia N8

Carol, 05 Aug 2013Hey, thanks for addition. My phone never crashed. I don't know w... more:-) Just something I accidentally found on the internet, but it did help me clean a few MB. Well I think the phone creates those gremlins every time some app has a glitch...

• Stupid me

Carol & MdN

Since a few days ago, whenever I use the phone browser (not Opera Mini) to get the satellite weather map, at some point, this comes up: "Service twitter.com has sent a certificate that is not trusted. Accept anyway?" I would press "Back" immediately. I don't even have a Twitter account so I don't know why they are tormenting me. I don't see it when I go to other sites, like news.

At first, I palpitated and almost fainted thinking I got a virus or something. I should sue them for mental anguish. Is there any way to STOP those messages that are so annoying?

So yesterday, I installed Netqin and I am ever so PLEASED with it. Of course, I am not touching F-Secure again, except to try and delete it now that I have Netqin. I was so relieved to see that there was no virus or anything like that. Well, I also used its Garbage disposal and wonder of wonders! I got back 20mb, so I am now up to 129mb - more than enough for my Belle update :-). Amazing! I didn't even know I had accumulated 20mb of garbage - and the phone is new! Far less if it is old!

Hey! I'm going to install X-plore next. Hm, seems like all I'm installing are basic necessities at the moment.

• Stupid me

AnonD-131418, 05 Aug 2013how to upgrade new sybian belle for nokia n8?anyone can give lin... more
Re: Belle upgrading instructions.

I guess you have not read the last 5 pages or so. Carol gave comprehensive, step by step instructions for the process (about 2 weeks ago). I hardly think he will want to do it again so soon. Find it, copy and paste it on a word doc and save so you don't have to search for it...whenever (not if ever) you decide to upgrade.

how to upgrade new sybian belle for nokia n8?anyone can give link for me to download...should i upgrade or not..?

• Carol

MdN, 05 Aug 2013In addition to Carol's advice, check out C\private\1020e519 fold... moreHey, thanks for addition. My phone never crashed. I don't know why do i have so many files:)).

• Carol

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2013SIS Applications is at 85mb, Other files is at 138mb. All the ot... moreAh, and to delete microsoft apps you will need to follow this guide. http://digipassion.com/2012/06/uninstall-microso­ft-apps-from-symbian3-belle-phones.html

• Carol

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2013SIS Applications is at 85mb, Other files is at 138mb. All the ot... moreHmm, The problem comes from Other files. That is way to much. More then double of what i have. Anyways. Did she installed Microsoft apps? Also, what apps are installed in c: You can get read of social, if you don't use it, Microsoft apps (recommended, if it's installed) f-secure, sky files and colorize it if she does not use it. The C: mem. does not disappear by it self. The more apps you install the more of C: goes away (one by one kb, but shore). One of the biggest is also, QT. While this is a great thing. installing qt based apps, they often will install additional stuff to your QT. Making it support the functions but in the same time larger, occupying more space. Maps apps also eat allot of space (you cannot do nothing about that). If you cannot find the real culprit, just factory reset the device and you will have your mem back (don't forget to backup). And next time be more careful with QT apps, cause even if you uninstalled them, the .dll's and other functions will remain installed.> i don'e have allot of memory either, just 75 mb. which is normal. More then 90 you cannot have with official firmware after everything is set.

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2013SIS Applications is at 85mb, Other files is at 138mb. All the ot... moreIn addition to Carol's advice, check out C\private\1020e519 folder, you can delete all MobileCrash files inside. Those are useless crash reports kept for service purposes.

Carol, 05 Aug 2013I told you i need more info:). Give that info first. There are s... moreSIS Applications is at 85mb, Other files is at 138mb. All the others are in kbs. I guess that's normal. So what's eating up the drive C:? By the way, the Social app is installed at C:. Does that eat up memory when it's used? Is that the culprit?
Is this the case for N8s that doesn't use any CFW, a depleting C: drive? Again, I don't wanna use any CFW coz my sister's N8 runs perfectly except sometimes she shows it to me with a warning of low memory on C:.

• Carol

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2013I gave my N8 to her and it had 100mb still when I did. I install... moreI told you i need more info:). Give that info first. There are some folders that will be safe to delete. But none can give you to much space. Using x-plore (and setting it to show system files) you can safely delete: enter Data, then delete MailForExchange, also config. folder (be careful, this one contains configurations of some of your installed apps, if you need thats configs. don't delete the folder). You can also delete everything that's in temp folder and tmp folder. Now enter system folder and you can delete cache folder and dmgr. You can also delete System.ini file. You can also delete everything is in system/temp folder. Also, if you use opera mobile you can enter c: system/data/OperaMobile. delete application_cache, cache, cacheOp folders. that's about it. Still won't release to much memory. So you will need to look somewhere else also. Installed apps and themes, also see if there are photos and music files in c, if there are, move them.

• Subu

Carol, 04 Aug 2013Belle refresh will bring some stability, new widgets and some ap... moreDear,

Hoping to purchase N8 is it good than an android phone?

Plz suggest...

Carol, 03 Aug 2013You really need to say more then this. What apps you're using? A... moreI gave my N8 to her and it had 100mb still when I did. I installed almost all the apps and games at E:. Now it only has 25mb left. I don't want to use any CFW coz it runs perfectly anyway. Except for the depleting drive C:. I used MobileCleaner and still it only has 25mb and I'm sure it's gonna deplete more. Is there a way to manually delete folders from C: to get more memory? What folders can I safely delete from C: now?

my review
Nokia N8 is a near perfect Nokia Phone
It is fast for internet Class 33 edge is good
Music is not as good as c6-01 or 5800 music
Camera is good but 12 mp photos need bigger memory space as each photograph is above 1 mb.
rather buy any phone with lower mp but definately a carl zeis
3.5 inch screen is good for interenet bad for using with one hand. for one hand you need 3.2 inch screen
Over all i just like the phone for internet nothing more
I prefer TFT or LCD over AMOLED coz AMOLED are too sharp for eyes
Yes its a Near perfect Nokia Phone...Coz we can do everything just not in a best way !
Also its symbian 3 phone. Symbian 3 is my best version of Symbian till date. I prefer it over anna or belle

• Sun

MdN, 04 Aug 2013Funny thing is that it is available for N8 Anna. Like there's a ... moreThank you.. Thank you very much. Hope Nokia will solve this issue soon

Sun, 04 Aug 2013Before I have Skype in my Nokia N8 belle version. but now I want... moreFunny thing is that it is available for N8 Anna. Like there's a bug in the Store, or Skype developers are incompetent. Anyway, you can still get it here: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/flow/item/18021_S­kype_withdrawn_again-for_the_.php

• Sun

Before I have Skype in my Nokia N8 belle version. but now I want to reinstall the same & I check with Nokia store, its showing "Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia N8-00 Belle.Browse more great content in the "Related" section below". I am very disappoint in this. Why Nokia do this with us. We are always support Nokia & a great fan of Nokia.

AnonD-131418, 04 Aug 2013does nokia n8 can support wechat,line like android phone? easy f... moreYep, there's WeChat free at Nokia Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/377872

Easy to install? Yes. You just have to click the "Store"
icon, find WeChat and click "install" and wait a little. ;-)

Still one of the best camera phones. Even today's smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy S4 can't even come close to it in terms of battery backup and photography. Great piece of engineering. This is a beast. Using since more than a year.

does nokia n8 can support wechat,line like android phone? easy for install or not?..i want to buy a new nokia n8..:)