Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Mark

Sixth, 11 Oct 2010Thanks for the prompt replies, yes i did post the same thing o... moreI think homescreen scrolling is the only real benefit the wave has over the N8....

• Mark

what a disappointing phone after wait long time to see everyone impressed by Camera and not performance of the phone.

• Mark

Sixth, 10 Oct 2010Hi, im planning to buy a new phone. I currently own a Nokia 5800... moreDo you want a smartphone or a (slick) featurephone?

• Sixth

Thanks for the prompt replies,
yes i did post the same thing on wave page. Copy paste. I did come across the wave demo unit. but for N8, prolly next week. I cant go to their sites, they (most of the time) put their best foot forward. Ive been reading comments most of the time, but the bashing seems to waste 80% of my time. I have my checklist, my list of pro's and cons, and what i really nid now are feedbacks on actual performance of the said features. Thanks again

• Engineer Man

Engineer Man, 10 Oct 2010Thanks for the info Wheez. It sounds like nothing has changed mu... moreReply to Self.

It would probably use more memory too - a very simple integration new page button in the tool would be way more effective. A more controlled way of opening the page.

Also, it's not merely as exciting or as accessible to get a new page open currently. But the way to do it is jus 4 taps away. In web Browser. Tap corner arrow in full page mode > Tap Options > Go To > New web page.

Ok so someone earlier wanted to know how to do this, either with his older Symbian phone or with S^3, it should be more or less exactly the same I should have thought.

Sixth, 10 Oct 2010Hi, im planning to buy a new phone. I currently own a Nokia 5800... morewhat insight you want and about which phone? did you posty same question on wave page also with mentioning N8?? ;-) i think not. anyways if really you want to specs, go to their official sites and also specs available for both in preview.

If you want fair and actual opinion then its impossible to find here, as for that person should have USED both phones not just saw it or took it in hand for 1-2 hours. As both are new and in higher range, chances are few that anyone using both of them simultaneously. Here you can find people who own one and too much impressed or should say blind with it.

So best way go in shop try both for some time and then take decision on basis of your need and priorities. Rank on the basis for your need.

design - like give +1, hate -1, ok ok/common 0
talktime -
etc etc
then check those features by yourself

• Engineer Man

Since I haven't owned the Wave or received my N8 yet I can't really give you any information. WHat you could do is ask a few people. Ask Wheez who has his N8 now, or ask someone who has the Wave phone. they will be of more useful information to provide you have fully experienced using the phones/...!

• Engineer Man

What do you want in your next phone?

• Engineer Man

Sixth, 10 Oct 2010Hi, im planning to buy a new phone. I currently own a Nokia 5800... moreHi Sixth. If I were I'd look through the gsmarena reviews & all other UBIASED reviews. Then secondly, I'd go to a phone shop & demo both phones at same time.

• Sixth

Hi, im planning to buy a new phone. I currently own a Nokia 5800xm. I want some insights on this phone, because im currently confused which phone to buy (samsung wave or N8). Dont badmouth the phones, i wont take them. I need actual stats, experience. wave costs Approximately 428 USD here, N8 will be released here soon approximately 571 USD. Right now im banking on wave due to the price difference. Im buying next weekend. Thank you.

• adeel

Wheez, 10 Oct 2010Give some arguments, what disappoints u in it? What makes it a n... moreim not nokia hater im not brand loyal

• Engineer Man

Thanks for the info Wheez. It sounds like nothing has changed much in the N8's stock browser for S^3. Confirmed by anonymous that the new browser is being worked on!

As in S60_1 on my 5800 it is already possible to open new windows through the web browser. But no controlled way to do it, like new tabs or anything.

Also one other thing to note currently in S60^1 Web browser, from the first web browser page you open, it seems to be one instance that runs all other new windows & so this way. If you close original window, say goodbye to all other windows open aswell...

So I guesse Nokia devs need to allow each web page to run in ot's own memory space. New instance for every page. Then we would have true controlled multiple page browsing on our hands. It sure would make use of multi tasking...

"Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs byte..."

• adeel

i have used n8 and samsung wave together.n8 is not having supper amoled or ips backlight lcd , no 1ghz processor and ram 512mb, symbian 3 is still outdated.list goes on.

• Engineer Man

Anonymous, 10 Oct 2010Nokia developed new Ovi client and web browser for S40 using QTW... moreThanks for the info. It's very helpful. I'd heard about it, but now you've confirmed it for me.

• Wheez

adeel , 10 Oct 2010i have used n97 iphone 3gs iphone 4 wave galaxy s n8. i know rea... moreGive some arguments, what disappoints u in it? What makes it a no high end phone?

• adeel

i dont think so u have ever used high end phones

• adeel

i have used n97 iphone 3gs iphone 4 wave galaxy s n8. i know really well about every phone.most importantly i love nokia im just disapointed about this phone its not high end phone.this reply to wheez

Anonymous, 10 Oct 2010friend whatever bada os is..still n8 cant play nfs shift,bruce l... moreare you sick or something like that?why would you want to play 2-3 high def games at the same time

• Wheez

Engineer Man, 10 Oct 2010Wheez. Have got your N8? I'm sure it was you who trialed the pho... moreHavn't trialed any prototypes apart from a demo model that was available in the finnish flagship store, but I've owned the N8 as of last day of september, that's when us finns started getting our preorders.

For those other questions, read blow.

A controlled way to open new windows/tabs any time you want on the N8s default browser:

When in browser, tap the URL/search engine button. Google something random, open as many search results as you want new windows to be opened. Ta-dah, you now have multiple windows open. In the browser menu theres a "Change window" button which will let you operate between them, I'm not sure what is the exact english translation for that, though, probably just that :D

It's abit tricky though and more time consuming than having a button for that, but it works.

I'm going to sleep now, shame that the real questions (and not the BLABLALBLBA MA WAVE IS BETTTAR THAN YO MOMMA!) came this late. Feel free to ask, I'll answer when I wake up in 8-9 hours.