Nokia N8

Nokia N8

Is N8 screen quality better then th blackberry storm 2 .

• Wheez

Nokia Buff, 03 Oct 2010Hi Wheez, The problem with dive C: was what I brought up yest... moreRight, well, good luck with the iPhone. They are so different kind of devices though that I'm sort of surprised that you are/were considering both. But maybe you are that category of people who really are better off with the iphone 4 :)

Well, I can remember hearing how bad iOS 4 ran on the earlier iPhones when it came out, I don't know if they've managed to fix that already. Personally I don't think that it's always the best option to do that. I rather have updates to the current OS for those 2 years. While Symbian^3 is sort of a middleground OS maybe, cos Meego and S^4 are coming relatively soon, the amount of S^3 devices will most likely be so big that the updates will easy go on for the N8s lifespan (which is like 2 years/phone). The 5800 was quite well supported up till now, I believe.

Either way, good luck to you in future and it was nice discussing with you, even if you ended up on the "wrong" ship :D

• Nokia Buff

Wheez, 03 Oct 2010I don't know, but I would figure that like Opera Mobile 10 would... moreHi Wheez,

The problem with dive C: was what I brought up yesterday. Eventhough applications are directly installed on to mass storage (16GB) certain log files are installed on drive C: as well as the web cache. Typical of Nokia. They have now gone and increased the ROM on both C7 and E7 to 1GB. This what these guys did with Nokia N97 before clearing it up and Nokia 97 mini. History repeats itself. When will they ever learn.
I am Nokia fan. But after the bad experience with Nokia N900, where they ditched Maemo like a dead fish and adopted Meego leaving all the N900 owners in the lurch, I decided that enough was enough. I was toying with the idea of going for a Nokia N8, given my affinity to Nokia. But this ROM matter settles the issue for me once and for all.I am going for an apple iphone 4. Unlike Nokia, future versions of IOS will be compatible with it for atleast 2 years. For example, IOS can run on iphone 3G

• Wheez

Sukrsa, 03 Oct 2010To Wheez, It will be very help full if you comment aobut the po... moreI already posted it here myself. I don't understand much about photographing myself, but I could tell that theres something fishy going on in engadget when I saw the comparison and that site seems to unreveal it pretty nicely.

• Sukrsa

To Wheez,
It will be very help full if you comment aobut the post.

• Mani

finally i have booked my nokia n8 today.
see this link

• Wheez

Anonymous, 03 Oct 2010and one more question wheez....... does N8 have video light?No, the N8 does not have a video light.

As to someone with the sample 12 and iphone comment :D The sun was shining directly at the camera, the sun wasnt anywhere that set in reality, I was surprised it even came that good. With some adjusting of the light settings one might've gotten better but I have no experience with them.

• Wheez

Anonymous, 03 Oct 2010hi wheez, can u clarify certain things for me please.... 1. Is ... more1. Is there slow motion recording function inn this mobile and if there is , in what resolution does it capture the video?

Don't think there's baseline slo-mo capture, naturally you could edit it afterwards.

2. Is there good support for 3d games on this phone , i mean flawless graphics ,and are there many other good games out there for symbian 3 touch screen phones?

Find out yourself from ovi.com, to mention the most popular, Angry Birds and NFS:Shift both work awesomely and are fun. But I don't really play games on mobiles myself so you have to check that out urself

3. is the video recording better in clarity at 720p compared to samsung wave or sony vivaz?

No idea, never used either video capturing.

4. is there call recording on this phone?

5. has N8 ever freezed on u?

Nope

chck out nokia wiki its income has consistently going down. nokia going to b sericsson soon if they don't update their symbian browser.

Wheez, 03 Oct 2010Already did few comments back: Due to my tendency to charge... moreand one more question wheez.......
does N8 have video light?

Wheez, 03 Oct 2010Already did few comments back: Due to my tendency to charge... morehi wheez, can u clarify certain things for me please....
4. is there call recording on this phone?
5. has N8 ever freezed on u?

so when we get real reviews, i have seen couple and both them gave average scoring and don't recommend n8 over rivals

What i have seen N8 users like their phone, but i think most of them or everyone is users who always had nokia, so of course it feels very good over n97 etc.

i want to see comments from people who have used others brand phones too.

What i have seen on youtube, browser is very badly made, if you want like write address you need to go out of fullscreen, then you need to go other place and after that you can write your address, same thing for refreshing webpage or adding favorites etc. Im sure thats getting very frustrating very quickly. If you are bottom of website how you can quickly go back up?

ped, 03 Oct 2010Dear Wheez thanks again for your reviews, you know, for many pe... morelet me explain even if u hav 12 mp u will shoot in lower res as it takes long to Iliad 12 mp photos on Facebook which is pointless too. what is the radon having having high sensor and camera shot to shot time is so slow which is expected for n8 bcuz of slow processor and this is nothing to do with dedicated gpu. nokia has no hdr which is back light compensating feature and touch to focus. with iPhone with just one finger tap I can focus almost anything on the screen. nokia camera has no video led light too. goodbye nighttime videos

• Wheez

Rands, 03 Oct 2010@ wheeze, u had it for a few days now, please report ob battery ... moreAlready did few comments back:

Due to my tendency to charge my phone every night, I havn't run dry yet, but other people are reporting close to 2 days with relatively heavy use.

Add in the power saving mode which is awesome and you might be looking at 3 days.

• Wheez

ped, 03 Oct 2010I forget to say thanks about photo samples you uploaded before. ... moreGah, and now you say that you had already seem them! :D

• ped

I forget to say thanks about photo samples you uploaded before. and tell however we can find some photo samples in other sites but I think those sample photos are not real ones. I think some of them are photoshoped and highly selected to show their product better. but i want real and simple n8 photo samples. but good samples.

• Wheez

ped, 03 Oct 2010Dear Wheez thanks again for your reviews, you know, for many pe... moreI'm not sure if you have seen, on the other hand I feel like you have, but then again I feel you havn't. As said, I've never photographed anything in my life, so default settings and so on: