Nokia N8

Nokia N8

Marc, 05 Aug 2010Can anyone tell me how much the n8 will be in south africaYou will know when it is available.

• Marc

Can anyone tell me how much the n8 will be in south africa

• nokia n8 d beast

The Official prize is €470.00 in Europe...It will be available by the end of September. Nokia . it you can order yours now. This phone is extremely awesome, for now it got no rival.

• SidewindeR

[deleted post]It's kind of disappointing for me too... I was eyeing both the N8 and Wave for quite a while now to decide what my next phone of choice is gonna be. Wave looked too good in the papers but it's not living upto the expectations. Bada seemed like a revolution and the OS of the future but with all this constraints. i don't see that happening. Atleast symbian don't have that kind of restrictions.
You see, these are features that users expect from a smart phone. A smart phone is a phone that is not chained by restrictions and you're free to do whatever you want with it (according to me ofcourse). Just have a look at symbian^1. i agree it's slow and buggy but the flexibility you get makes for a more userfriendly phone. Unlimited contacts and fields, unlimited message memory, no limit for file sizes of any sort, unlimited custom eq preset, countless no of themes that can be installed and the list of all the useful apps that exist already. It's difficult for a person like me who has enjoyed all this freedom to suddenly get chained down.
Nokia also has one of the best PC sync solutions aka OVI suite. It does everything for you under a single roof whether it be software updates, maps syncing, backups, contacts and message syncing etc. The list just goes on. And everything is so simple and intuitive and self explanatory. if you weigh all that into account, Nokia still produces the best phones and provides the best services.
I know this because I was frusturated once when i tried to help my friend update his samsung S8300 Ultratouch. Later we had to resort to flashing the phone with 3rd part flashing tools because it failed to update using the samsung PC studio software that came with the phone. Just hope wave doesn't suffer the same fate...

• Niraj

[deleted post]Dont cry baby. I have registered the word S-hole for you arrogant trolls :P

Niraj, 05 Aug 2010No one care about you too , Aitoami!Ya, the same guy bashing from ages. Think his wave is sucking. He is either bored by his phone so trolls here all the time or paid by sammy for cheap means of promotion.. i mean really cheap. Some 1000+ people visit this N8 page. He have huge audience.. really cheap way.. you getting Niraj? Just hit the Report button!

• Niraj

[deleted post]No one care about you too , Aitoami!

Looks like a killer phone!!

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2010I use "May be" if i am only 50% convinced with my beli... moreAnd you cant post any links here(at least from youtube) without em being approved by the moderator, in case you didn't know.

• SidewindeR

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2010Okay. I am not trolling, just correcting what you said, may be b... moreYeah everyone's read the reviews but what good is a spotless music player if it doesn't even have a custom EQ setting. Even my 5233 has that and I tweak it quite often to get the best audio output that suits me. And something about the default web browser that can't even download zip and rar files and even a wmv video.
All you samsung fanboys know what I'm talking about and you know very well that these are flaws atleast by smartphone standards. But you are all in denial and doesn't wanna make yourself look bad. You all want to prove to others that wave is the best though it has many major flaws. That's because you feel so unsecure holding a flwed phone in your hands.
I agree that wave is a top contender for the smartphone throne but I said it before and I say it again "Samsung has really screwed up with the wave". Wave is gonna be the next Omnia HD. Just wait and see...

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2010I use "May be" if i am only 50% convinced with my beli... moreNow I didnt use the word "Should" while explaining the terms to you mate did i ? I said they are the words you are "looking for". Doesnt make a difference to me, but yes, since you are so particular about your words.

And ignorance, hmmm...how about when you talked about dolby and used it to insinuate that N8's audio output "should" be better than wave. You "Should" know that the dolby present on N8 comes into play *only* when you use its HDMI port to view your video on an HD Tv. It has no role to play when you connect your earphones.

Anyway, audio output of wave is up there with the best. Audio output of N8 is not recognized as of now (since it has not been released yet), samsung wave does have DNSE if you dont know though.

And i am not questioning your *beliefs*, you could be 2000% sure about anything and I wouldnt care, but to tell some one else that it "should" happen without experiencing it first hand, hmmm... seems stupid really.

Kicking off Nokia's developers partnership event in London, Mark Loughran, Nokia MD for the UK and Ireland, referred back to 2009 robust event.

"Last year, we had a strong, tough discussion but it was positive for us to understand what developers need," he joked.

"I know there's a lot we can do and change and that's the opportunity today."

Focusing on the Ovi Store, Loughran pointed out that Ovi Maps has been downloaded 17 million times since launch, the Ovi App Wizard has been download one million times, while the daily download rate globally is 1.7 million.

"What's really significant is that 90 percent of Ovi users can read the site in their own language, and 80 percent can buy in their own currency," he said, presumably making the contrast to Google's limited territory payment options for Android Market.

Another key focus for the event will be hands on time with the company's new smartphone, the Nokia N8.

"It's the next step up from Nokia. It will be provide an excellent opportunity for monetisation for developers, and we'll be running a TV marketing campaign for Ovi Store around it too," says Loughran.

• bea from spain

people of the world i read jhen comment about if the battery of n8 is removable or not, yes is removable you need to screw, the very sad message “if you’ll screw your n8 w/o permission of nokia technician the 1year warranty will be loose,dissolve. im nokia user since highschool up to now everytime i buy a new nokia phone,im always encountered hangup,restarting,is so laggy. sorry to say but 100% true, i think nokia n97 mini is my last nokia phone. my friend told me to try switch samsung or htc. nokia pls improve your units without hangup,restartng,laggy. think wisely guys and girls the nokia n8 is another mistaken in market.. goodluck.

• N8 in Action

The Nokia N8 Deals fever has begun in UK with a big bang. The gadget is so much highlighted and is expected to release soon. This handset is expected to prove out the best handset ever made by any of the mobile phone manufacturer. It has a dimension of 113.5 x 59.1 x 12.9 mm and guess what, weighing just 135 grams. The gadget is no doubt loaded with some extraordinary features like it has a large 3.5 inches AMOLED capacitive touchscreen displaying 16M colors.

It has a 16GB internal memory storage capacity and external can be further expanded up to 32GB via microSD memory cards. In addition, it includes GPRS, EDGE, GPS support, a high class internet connectivity, Bluetooth v3.0, USB, powerful 12 mega pixel camera which has a resolution of 4000 x 3000 pixels and many more other features.

Getting a cheap Nokia N8 deals is mere a cake walk now. Big network service providers like O2, Orange, Virgin, Vodafone, T-mobile, Three are coming up with some superb Nokia N8 contract deals. In these type of deals you are supposed to get into a contract with your favourite network service provider for 12, 18 or may be 24 months. Now get ready to have a fabulous experience of this gadget.

• Niraj

In few minute there will be debate between @niklasatnokia and peoples on twitter. Use #niklas tag for asking questions.

• Niraj

Out of this world, 05 Aug 2010SuperAmoled is far far better than Amoled.. Thats for sure..i am not interested.. sorry buddy..

Out of this world, 05 Aug 2010SuperAmoled is far far better than Amoled.. Thats for sure..How far?
Can you show it? :)

I am satisfied with AMOLED on N8. :)