Nokia N8

Nokia N8

I used gsm arena phone finder and i conclude that only phone that can replace my old N8 is new N8.I want phone with great design and hardware and pocket friendly( 3,2 - 4 inches).Top must have are:
1.excellent camera for photos and videos
2.excellent audio reproduction with headphones plugged in
3.lot of storage for music,recorded videos and photos
4.FM radio(iphone out)

Pure view is out because i dont like design of phone.

I do not use any of social apps. Only aplications that i use in N8 are Sport tracker, SPB Time, SPB weather,opera mini for net and mail for exchange for my corporate mail. I also love stellarium mobile, it is great. I do not play games on the phone and do not need dual core or quad core processor.

So in the end the conclusion
new N8 i will buy

• Ray Hipkiss

sanbin24, 04 Nov 2012n8 with 1Ghz processor and 512 mb Ram would be the best pho... more@sanbin24

The N8's processor will never receive a boost to it's processor speed. It's actually been underclocked from 720 MHz down to 680 MHz. The reason for this is because the Broadcom GPU and RAM need to communicate with each other and the CPU but if the CPU speed was raised it would create a bottleneck and slow the phone down.

Ray.

• sanbin24

n8 with 1Ghz processor and 512 mb Ram would be the best phone under Rs. 20000..??
Will n8 be boosted in processor though like 701,700..??

• SUBAAAS

N8 launched at 2010 iwant the new one which is same as the n8 (camara) wat is that

• gpl

plz suggest the best cw based on belle refresh for my n8. I like the belle refresh but the phone is still too laggy specially when playing hd games like hawx and avatar.

• gpl

plz suggest the best cw for n8.

• Matt

Does anyone experienced hang ups when using built in browser? I do experience it from time to time and it gets kind of irritating..please help me on what to do..it sucks to reformat such a wonderful phone with beautiful apps..such a waste..

Anonymous, 04 Nov 2012why nokia N8 is not allowing us for a video call or chat, i... moreActually, I used to use my Skype account via "fring" to video call on a Nokia 5800XM back in 2009! However, when fring launched on iPhone that year, the fring servers were inundated with US traffic to the point where service shutdown. Skype revoked fring's access at that point because of its TOC's. Shortly thereafter, Skype released video calling for iPhone...but not Symbian. Nice justice.

You can still do video calling on your N8, but it's network specific and there must be a 3G connection.

why nokia N8 is not allowing us for a video call or chat, i'm using skype but no video calls!! Wwhhyyyy??

• akhil;

supperrrrrrrrrrrr

phoneeeeeeeeeeee

• S.Sudhakar

Worst battery backup. It only lasts for 1 day if you talk for 3 hours and watch 6 video songs 640 x 480 resolution (each song 6 minutes) and browse via GPRS for 1 hour (after disabling flash animation).

• kenny

N8 user for 2 years, 01 Nov 2012N8 is better, but I suggest you to buy another phone becaus... moren8 is the best

I upgradede my N8 to nokia Belle,nd is so amazing.Thanks to NOKIA.

• Glen

I love ma N8... Becoze After 2 year and 7 month is in century.....21th worldwild interest Welldone.... N8....

• adrian

Great phone, and almost 24 million hits, still 21% daily interest. This phone rocks, that's for sure!

• Ray Hipkiss

george_k, 02 Nov 2012@ Ray, Honestly, i'm very glad to hear you after a long lo... more@George_k

Thanks for the kind words.
When I said "I'd be buying into a dead platform", I meant that Nokia will not, in all probability, be producing any new Symbian phones. The 808 Pureview is most likely the last Symbian phone ever. Also, the Symbian OS is in "maintenance mode" which means there won't be any more development for the OS and as of 2016 will be completely killed off.

Nokia's future lies with S40 (Asha) and Windows Phone (Lumia). I am hoping that the Lumia 920 turns out to be a great device because I really don't want to have to leave Nokia for another Samesung/Samdung phone :-D.

All the best.

Ray.

• george_k

@ Ray,
Honestly, i'm very glad to hear you after a long long time. (out of topic: after a very itense week of bad mood due to separation with my girlfriend, you really make my day!!! :). Despite your lumia 920 acqusition, i hope your visit will not be temporary. I saw your post to Neil, what do you mean by saying: I'd be buying into a dying platform anyway, i didnt understand it. I've been informed that Nokia will abandon Greece, however i dont know if this is totaly true.
I wish you to have the best xperience with 920 and...all the best!!! Greetings from Athens :)

best phone i ever seen

• N8 user for 2 years

PRITHU, 01 Nov 2012c7 or n8 is best wat's offerN8 is better, but I suggest you to buy another phone because updates with symbian devices is quite poor and Nokia N8/C7 are already obsolete phones. Buy phones that are released this year. You will regret if you buy N8/C7 it was released on 2010 it will make you feel old having this phone, I PROMISE.