Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• aldoheuer

Best Phone ever

camera is amazing, OS can be better and it will be on febraury, overall review is "very good 5 stars" the question is why you dont have one of this? the phone is so sexy and stylish, awesome HD video recording (is so good that you can throw your handycam to the trash can)photos are very VERY!!! good, i have a nikon camera and the n8 takes better photos than that camera , and game graphics are pretty impresive and i love to play GT:racing on it is very fun and time killer

a lot of people says that this phone is not good and that "x" phone is better, man!!! do you really think that? , so buy one "x" phone and believe me that 2 weeks later when you see a person with an n8 at a party taking excelent photos and uploading it up to facebook, you will want to change of mind when you pickup the "x" phone two weeks ago

this is not the best "goodlooking phone" on the market but god this phone is almost a master piece is so cool!!!

so my overall review is a totally 100 of 100 the best phone i have ever had

one mind is one world, opinions may vary but this is my opinion

put your hands-on it and see by yourself what this thing can do

greeting and thanks for reading

• Aaron

trebphil, 01 Feb 2011i was going to but when i saw the green, it's kind of different.... moreHave you already been following this thread? You can update yourself with everything about N8 here.

• trebphil

Aaron, 01 Feb 2011Congrats on your new Nokia N8. I thought you were going for the ... morei was going to but when i saw the green, it's kind of different. i've had black and silver phones before so i thought i'd go for something different this time. at first i was hesitant to get green coz i don't like how it looks in the picture but when i get to see the real thing, i decided to have it. yes i'm from the philippines.

• nokman

Sorry, thats can someone confirm when PR2 is coming out if I buy from the Nokia Shop ??

• nokman

Anonymous, 01 Feb 2011I'd rather wait for PR 2.0 than 1.x for bigger update..like new ... moreYea so would I, can anyone actually confirm when this is coming out, especially if I order from Nokia Shop ??

• Aaron

trebphil, 01 Feb 2011i definitely agree. despite negative feedbacks i've read about i... moreCongrats on your new Nokia N8. I thought you were going for the dark grey one? Are you from the Philippines also?

• Aaron

viraf, 01 Feb 2011Nokia is going down. May be coz of their OS. I dont understand w... moreN8 on Android means no USB OTG, no app installation on memory card, no Bluetooth 3.0, no themes, short battery life and list of drawbacks and restrictions go on. N8 is perfect on Symbian^3. Nokia just needs to release a software update ASAP to fix the bugs, boost performance and add those 50+ new UI features.

[deleted post]I've been using N8 for almost 4month workin fine no serious issues but this definitely my last symbian phone coz I'm gonna switch to meego...:-)

Anonymous, 31 Jan 2011When are we getting the PR1.1 update? NOKIA sucks on updates.I'd rather wait for PR 2.0 than 1.x for bigger update..like new browser and etc..

• Manish

when i connect my USB cable to my laptop my phone doesn't charge(sometimes charges though)Can anybody explain this???

How to make every time charge the battery connected through data cable???

PLzz explain battery performances of ur N8...coz my N8 hardly goes 2 days(with less use+only GSM)

thanx in advance!!!

• Professor

[deleted post]Totally agree with you.

• viraf

Nokia is going down. May be coz of their OS. I dont understand why they are not bringing Android on their phones. Imagine N8 with Android. It could have been perfect. Nokia how much more you'll wait to go down?

• trebphil

[deleted post]i definitely agree. despite negative feedbacks i've read about it here, plus the experience i had when i first tested this phone, i have to say this is yet the best phone i have seen. been using it for just two days and i've never seen anything like the n8.

• su

guys dont compare N8 with any other model or phone its uniqe and amazing device really mindblowing i downloaded spb shell im lovin it more

• dt

i am from india and from a couple of week ovi store on my n8 is not showing price for paid application. infact it is showing all apps as free, but when i start downloading it shows 'download error'. anyone facing this problem or something wrong with my settings?

• dt

Nokia india tweeted about firmware update in jan 2011.
Its feb, still no sign. Anyone has any clue about update?

• Aaron

Don't believe those saying negative about N8. I've been using this phone for a month now. And believe me, this phone is great. Camera is just excellent. Images taken in whatever lighting condition are stunning. Videos are clear and the audio recorded is in stereo. Music output through the headset has very good quality. The speakers are loud for a mono speaker. It's better and louder than the 2 speakers on N97. The phone can play virtually any type of file formats from 3gp, mp4 to wmv, avi to mkv. Features like HDMI and USB OTG are firsts on a mobile phone and adds to the already wide range connectivity options of the phone. HDMI acts like you have a home entertainment system on your phone. The USB OTG acts like a USB host and connects seamlessly to a lot of devices not only mobile phones. Ovi Maps and GPS on this device are fantastic. It tells you where you are. It guides you to the right way. You'll never get lost. The AMOLED screen gives very clear images and vibrant colors and wide viewing angles. I was also surprised that it remains perfectly legible even under direct sunlight. The Gorilla glass screen also proves to be scratch-proof. Not a single hairline scratch even after a month of use without a screen protector. The battery is not user-replaceable but provides enough power to keep the phone running the whole day under heavy use. Build quality of the phone is perfect. The phone feels premium when you hold it because of the solid construction and quality aluminium body. The only drawback I can see is the current software version. I would occasionally encounter memory full errors. My unit did hang and restart but very seldom. I can only remember it hang and restarted 2 times since I bought it. But those issues will be resolved once the next firmware update is released. So I've come to the conclusion if this phone is worth buying and if I could recommend it to someone. Definitely. If you want to replace all your gadgets with only one this is the perfect gadget for you. I call it a gadget because it acts more than just a phone but a professional digicam, videocam, portable media player, internet browser, satellite navigator, game console and it connects to many devices seamlessly. This is the best phone ever release by Nokia so far.

some where in the line i heard that the production if nokia n8 is to be halted on feb 6 .. can gsmarena help with that .. cuz i was waiting for it .. when i will get my job in june or july ..

Anonymous, 31 Jan 2011When are we getting the PR1.1 update? NOKIA sucks on updates.never

• dom

n8 multiple mods version4
demonstrating the continuous auto focus of n8 and with its greatly improved
kinetic scrolling and faster screen rotation:)
taken by my mum's nokia n8