Nokia N85

Nokia N85

• Karthic

Anonymous, 07 Nov 2008About me i'm a mobile freak. I love nokia mobiles. 3 months befo... moreHey don't buy N95 8gb. Because it seems to be old model. And nokia is going to stop that model. Why you are wasting your money. N82 is a good one. Just make a call to 044-30303838 (nokia customer care) and ask them about the 4 gb issue. Or if you sure about an upgrade and don't like oled displays. Go for N79 which is only 20000 INR. I like N79's keypad and candybar design. And it does have feature pack 2, 5 MP camera, dual led flash, etc.

Think well and opt wisely before buying.

About me i'm a mobile freak. I love nokia mobiles. 3 months before i bought a N82 for 19800 INR in chennai (INDIA) after reading all the reviews in gsmarena. I accept that the model is good. But not mine. It should've been some manufacturing defect. I took it to nokia care several times. But those uneducated people in nokia care gives me some stupid reasons everytime and returns my phone after a software reload. That didn't solve my problem at all. Those nokia care people don't even know how to handle a mouse. They don't have any knowledge about mobile technology. I had 2 problems with my mobile.
1. 4 gb card not accepting in my mobile. But nokia says it can handle 8 gb cards.
2. Display problem. Bad pixels in my display.

Finally i ended up with changing my display which costs me 2200 INR. Still 4 gb card is not accepting.

So now i am going to exchange and i'm going to buy a Nokia N95 8GB for 25000 INR. And N85 is sold here for 24000 INR. I won't go for N85 because of oled display. :(

• Karthic

Hey guys. Oled is good. But it does have some drawbacks. It will stop working when it fell down once. You should keep it very carefully. If any water go inside your phone. You have to change your display which has no warrenty for water lock. The display costs around 3500 INR. So oled is good when it's used in televisions and computer monitors, not in mobile phones. What will happen to your mobile if you held up in a heavy rain? According to me, using lcd displays in mobile phones is good than oled displays. I wonder why nokia introduced this kind of displays in mobile technology. I think nokia is trying to make you fool guys. Don't belive. It's purely a marketing gimmic?

• Onslow

Anonymous, 06 Nov 2008....silly vodafone. They should take user demand and stock up. I... moreVodafone have no intention of stocking the N85 as they are pushing the N96.

Vodafone don't treat their customers very well and certainly don't listen to them

• BATMAN

any1 in sa got dis fone yet

• Liew

I have problems reading my SIM contacts with my N85. But my SIM contacts can be read with my N73 and E51.

Why is this so ?

EyJey, 06 Nov 2008Nice phone, but a minus(-) for the miss about charging the batt... moreThe n85 uses USB to charge, its bundled power adapter is also using the USB head. I myself own an N85 :)

Amr, 07 Nov 2008ppl does this phone included by 8Gb memory or not? and really it... moreyes it does come with 8gb and is expandable to 16gb and even 32gb cards when they come out just like all recent nseries.

• Victor nNavroski

Amr, 07 Nov 2008ppl does this phone included by 8Gb memory or not? and really it... moreyes it does have 8gigs included, it should support 16gigs but i have not tried.....
8gigs is good enough for me

• Amr

ppl does this phone included by 8Gb memory or not? and really it up to 16Gb?!!?

....silly vodafone. They should take user demand and stock up. I dont want a blackberry, lol.

• wbm68

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I've been in the local vodafone shop and they are just pushing the Blackberry Storm. There's no forecast for the N85 and I can't see it arriving until the excitement of the Blackberry has died down a bit.
If the Storm isn't for me then I'm looking at jumping networks........

Why do you make comments without knowing anything about the phone? The phone CAN be charged via a USB cable.

• EyJey

Nice phone, but a minus(-) for the miss about charging the batteries with the USB cable for ex. when connected to PC or in the car.
Any one who has any idéas?

/EyJay

3. FP2 Is Great
2. Keypad Is Easy To Press
3. Better Build
4. Fast Opening
5. Longer Battery Life (2 days today but my battery is full)
6. Touch Sensitive Wheel
7. Camera Is Average (compare to N95 is Good)
Bads:
1. Finger Print Magnet
2. Sound Quality is not that loud thru Loudspeaker
3. Quite Heavy (but not issue for me)

Overall For Me Is Nice Phone!

• imran

Hi friends
I spend 615$ to buy N85 in Pakistan made by Finland. So my first impression is here,

The first thing is that NOKIA have done a big mistake by making N82/N95 believe me they beat every upcoming device how, lets take its 5mp camera its too bad i just say its just above N78, it dont include many camera settings, e.g, no ISO settings, no CONTRAST sett., no LIGHT SENSTIVITY sett., no BRIGHTNESS control , no COLOURS sett., No VIEWFINDER, and may be more i am missing. its vedio recording is too low compared to kings(N82/N95),it shakes too much.

Music quality is just fine and loudness is about 70-80% of Kings.
I personally dont like its keypad its hard to use
ASR used in FP2 devices is just teasing.

The things i liked are its beautiful screen and smaal dimensions and also battery life.

I have decided to go for N79, still it is not avail. in Pakistan. Any QUESTION?

• kel

Anonymous, 06 Nov 2008i think u should've said n95 still has the best camera quality f... moreI just compared between N95 8gb, N96 and N85. Not all N series!

kel, 06 Nov 2008Camera quality still is N95 8gb is the best then follow by N85. ... morei think u should've said n95 still has the best camera quality followed by n82, and n91 has the best sound quality followed by n81. the latest nseries phones are inferior to the old nseries phones in producing the best image and sound quality.

• Amr

any one plz told me this phone up to 16Gb or not?and it comes will 8GBor not?and by the way ths phone in egypt the price of it about 3700 pound. plz reply thx

• kel

Ziad, 05 Nov 2008What is the price of the N85? Is the camera of the N85 better ... moreCamera quality still is N95 8gb is the best then follow by N85. But in term of sound quality, N96 is the best then follow by N95 8gb.