Nokia N9

Nokia N9

• terry

AnonD-25668, 15 Oct 2011I loved my N900 and now the N9 is going to be my next upgrade. T... moreCutetube is available for the phone but you need to change settings so you can install non ovi store apps. Unfortunately for me though, it's not working very well. I can watch videos fine, but can't download them (says download failed). Can anyone please help with this? I know other people have been able to use it fine...

Regarding flash...I am disappointed that the stock browser does not have it. I like watching megavideo on my phone, and was able to do so on my n900. Shame n9 doesn't have it. And it is a little annoying seeing error messages on webpages where ads are supposed to be.

Imo the phone is great and the user experience is right up there with iphone and android, but it is not as open as the n900 was. Developer mode and x terminal can be activated pretty easily, but this is only good to those who know what theyre doing. I hope that the meego community don't give up on this great phone like nokia seems to have.. already some community apps from maemo 5 have been ported to the n9, though the one i am most interested in (cutetube) does not work for me.

IMO, if flash is a big thing for you, then you might find the n9 a step down from the n900. hopefully this will be sorted, but until then...

I tried the N9 at the store.

It looks very good, thicker in the pocket than Xperia Arc, but easier than N8. N9 is one of the most beautiful devices on the market. Hopefully the casing is a bit more robust compared to my Xperia Arc which shows ugly dents after just a few months.

I found two issues I would like to share and recieve feedback on.

When taking photos, I cannot simply touch the screen (that will focus on an item instead)I have to locate that small photo icon. Unpractical when on the "Go".

When browsing through your photos and movies, the fliping through content gets interpreted as a "swipe" which lands you on the main screen. Frustrating when showing pictures to your friend/wife/etc.

N8 Lover S, 16 Oct 2011Sorry guys, I have had enough. I love my N8 and all, but that wo... moreall the best with android :-) . use android after that you will know how much symbian is best mobile os . i owned nokia n8 and galaxy s plus . i always love n8

• N8 Lover S

Sorry guys, I have had enough. I love my N8 and all, but that would be by very last Nokia. I'm gonna buy a Galaxy S2 tomorrow & though I love Symbian better than Android, I'll have to stick to Android. Wish you all the best & also the same to Nokia. Maybe if Nokia ever makes a good Symbian phone with better durability, I'll switch back to Nokia. For now, I'll start with S2 & see where it takes me. For me, ciao Nokia.
Take care.

Feel so sorry for this Wonderful phone...
today i put my hands on it, i must say it's really amazing, but no chance to buy, the store have almost no app and the most amazing thing, they will only sell 700 units in Brazil, so there will be no chance of this phone be a hit. SHAME on nokia, unfortunately E7 will be my last nokia phone

• Diiny

I tried this one today and maaaan, how awesome it is!!! I own the Iphone 4 atm, but this one blew me away. The design is one of the best I've ever seen.
And the display is top notch. The retina display is good, but the N9's one is a bit better I think.

Its lightning fast too and soo smooth!

I will buy one for sure

Unfortunately, there is no Flash. What a shame!

I loved my N900 and now the N9 is going to be my next upgrade. The N900 had all of the apps I needed but I'm a little concerned that the N9 won't.

The main apps i used on N900 were
joikuspot
ftp client
vnc viewer
pdf reader
cute tube
sygic satnav

Obviously I won't need Sygic. joikuspot is integrated into the N9 anyway. I can live without cute tube and use the browser. So my main concern is a vnc viewer and ftp client. Maemo developers can't easily port their apps to Meego yet. does anyone know if there's working apps for these 2 problems yet?

Also, is anyone having major issues with the web browser having no built in flash support? will flash videos embadded in browser pages stream to the media player when clicked?

Nokia N9 ,its a awesome !!!
i like it & i want it .

• Keizka

xappppp, 15 Oct 2011The first Nokia device really competing with iphone first genera... moreIf you say so, doc.

To me, first iPhones were just overpriced feature phones.

oepsss, 15 Oct 2011nice looking phone but no radio and small memmory, thats bad. an... moreN9 has 16GB and 64GB versions.....is tat small memory for u??? did u complain the same way when iphone4 was launched with 8 and 16GB???
and when other phones were launched with around 8GB memory and expandable upto 32GB...
huh!!!!

AnonD-12237, 15 Oct 2011I got this phone today and I have to say i'm very disappointed ... moreHuh? You bought it online or something. No such problems, unless someone con you with a fake China one

AnonD-12237, 15 Oct 2011I got this phone today and I have to say i'm very disappointed ... morehey android fanboy stop your drama . stop this fake story. this is nokia not your cheape quailty china's , you get all problems in one day ? no one can belive your fake story . god will punish you . stop hating nokia . if you can't afford nokia n9 or if you not like nokia n9 please leave this forums but do not say fake story

AnonD-12237, 15 Oct 2011I got this phone today and I have to say i'm very disappointed ... moreAre u sure you have the n9 and not the iphone 4s or some cheap Chinese replica of either?

• oepsss

nice looking phone but no radio and small memmory, thats bad. and it cost a lot of money. so ja

hi guys it look like a nice phone but thers no radio and memmory is very small.

• MG

Need advice on which type of N9 to buy, is 16Gb sufficient, or should one go for the 64Gb?

I take pictures and film, thats mostly it.

(Black is the only one available both in 16 and 64, magenta and cyan only in 16 - info from Nokia Helpdesk)

What is your opinion? Is 16Gb "future proof"?

• snow

this is just so bad, i dont know why nokia released this phone at the 1st place.. with a dieing OS and a brilliant hardware and looks,,.

I got this phone today and I have to say i'm very disappointed

Firstly, the voice in the drive app does not say the street names. Secondly the speaker is trash, the sound quality is poor and you have to turn the volume to the max to hear it clearly.

Then there's the display. It looks amazing from the distance but when you bring it closer to your eyes ( and if you have good eyes) you can see the led dots and the pixel. its just like staring really close at a CRT monitor.

Also the camera is trash. Its so blurry and so much noise, especially when you take a photo thats zoomed in.

Lastly, in addition to the poor display. There's dust or smudges, spots or whatever you call it behind the display. You can't see it when its bright, but when its in a black background and your in a really dark place, the spots show up! Why this has to happen.

And one more thing is might add. The headset is a bit dodgy as well. I believe is a problem with the plug.

I'm not really happy. I'm taking the device back to the store tomorrow to get the display problem solved.
Is this happening to anyone. Please help