Samsung D600

Samsung D600

• noname

lol I just saw the spects of N91...
THEY USE QCIF SCREEN !! lol
I'm not sure which specs you're talking about.. but in my eyes none of the specs are better than D600. except the 4GB memory. But that's not even an advantage becuz by when N91 comes out a memory card with 4GB capacity will come out.. N91 is also big and bulky.. I really don't know why you said N91 is a good phone.. It's coming out next year June and it still loses to Samsung D600.. lol

• noname

uhmm... Trashmeister are you trying to compare a future phone with a phone just coming out?
Nokia N91 is coming out next year around June.. Samsung will have far superior phone by then. Samsung already has a 7 megapixel camera phone which you can actually zoom in (not digital zoom). Nokia sux haha

• Trashmeister

Message for Bob. You must be plain mad mate. Have you seen the Nokia N91. The phone of all phones. Top class and far better than the D600. I work for one of the U.K's largest mobile phone networks and as a result we are privy to info and handset's long before they come onto the market. Although i have not been up close with either the D600 or N91 i have seen offcial specs and the nokia is far better. As for people who buy a SE K750i the phone is great, all the functions you need and more. I take it you like the D600 and great if you do but don't ram it down other people's throats. We all like different things. As for laughing at people with a SE k750i then you need to get a life pal. ITS JUST A MOBILE PHONE. WHO CARES!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the link. It made my day :) I was hoping this would come out august, and now I have more hope. I'm desperate for this phone

• Kozo

Maybe d600 will release in august ?

• Bob

Why wait to see if there are few bugs? What's wrong with upgrading the firmware later?

My Nokia has had so many problems I've had it fixed several times and had the firmware updated each time. Nothing wrong with buying a new release phone then getting the improved firmware later.

• MLKIDS

I agree. Although if I start seeing the Nokia 6270 out, it'll make it that much harder to wait for the D600. Samsung doesn't have a very good business plan to be letting this kind of activity go on. Must have technical glitches that are keeping it from being released, as they're now going to start losing out to other manufacturers that can get their products launched in a reasonable amount of time. How many months ago was this phone announced. I already am going to wait to make sure it's not full of bugs before I buy it.

All food for thought.

• Bob

Yes it does but that doesn't add so much volume or weight. You need headphones attached to the phone to act as an aerial right? Which is why I never use the FM of my Nokia.

FM is usually a nice-to-have on a phone, the odd person will have it as an absolute requirement but it might mean giving up some very nice features.

Nice to use a 1Gb MicroSD card and have 16 hours of MP3 on tap, now that's more to my liking.

• MLKIDS

Bob, the Nokia 6270 does have an FM radio though, where as the D600 does not. Maybe that's where the extra weight comes from.

this has been confirmed it will release in uk mid spetember on most networks plus sim free, if u had read opinions before.

• immolator

mussa >> do i have to go through repetition again? i think i mentioned more than 10 times that Z700/P850 is embarked with CCD Pentax-Asahi lense w/ auto focus & macro-mode.

• mussa

immolator...i dont like the design of p850 and z700,they are too big!it doesnt say it has autofocus and macromode. and i think they wont be released until the second half of 2006.i cant wait that long,so i think i am going to buy D600.

The 6270 seems to be quite a bit heavier and bigger:
D600 99g, 96cc
6270 125g, 120cc

All that extra weight and bulk yet nothing to offer for it (maybe they are using old technology again).

The D600 includes the Picsel File Viewer, very handy but maybe people don't realise the value of this.

This phone competes head on with the yet to be released Nokia 6270, which I'm waiting to buy, but is slow being released. I currently have the Samsung D500, but in North America, the lack of 850 mhz is a huge draw back. The 6270 and the D600 are the only two quality phones being released that have 850. Anybody have any thoughts?

• Bob

Some people are shopping for the wrong device. They say they want a cellphone but should be looking for a small slim high quality digital camera...

• immolator

mussa >> If you want a full pledge dica phone from samsung, hold on for the P850/Z700 to come out. And speaking of W800, why not wait to get a real cam phone from samsung, so it is good at one thing, rather than a convergence device that is mediocre in all its attempts at convergence (mp3, camera, games...etc)

• mussa

shashikumar...this is written in turkish,but i dont think that there is an english version of this.in turkey it is said that this phone is going to be released at mid of september!!! i havent decided whether i should buy W800i or D600.i think this looks better than W800i but the camera of w800i is much better.is there any possibility of this phone having an AUTOFOCUS and macromode???

• Bob

I don't suggest that everyone blindly buys Samsung. In fact I've never owned a Samsung, all my phones have been Nokia, thus I know the build quality of Nokia phones, and what their customer service is like. The basic fact that I've had such experience that I've had with Nokia in recent years has put me off them completely.

However I don't see the point in waiting months for a phone, then just prior to it's release going off and buying an inferior phone. But then again it's up to the individual if they want to do this. I would recommend anyone considering that to at least check out phones with a similar screen (eg. Sharp 240x320 screens) to get a 'preview' as to the quality of the D600 screen as it is far superior to the 176x220 screens.

Congratulations to Samsung if they are maximising their profit, I don't abuse them for that because they exist to make money for their owners, not to perform some kind of public service to you and me!

I don't think it will have such a crap battery, the phone has too many features to run off a battery like that... remember it does say.. "Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct." so don't worry, it might not have this battery, i hope

• shashikumar

hi could some one pls let me know in which language is this page written
can some one help me get the english version