Samsung Galaxy 551

Samsung Galaxy 551

Great smartphone! I had to decide between the Samsung 551 and the Samsung Omnia 7. I went with the 551 and I am more than happy with it. and the keyboard is also just great! I would recommend this phone to everyone!

• joany

Anonymous, 14 Aug 2011I like to have this phone... It cost about 250 us dollars in the... moreYou can buy it at 170 dollars in Amazon.com:)

• bhupinder Singh

Good Phone

• Rajesh

Is there any alternative qwerty android phone to 551 with ? since 551 is not upgradable to v2.3

• Brijesh

can any one tell me how to use Live Wallpaper in Samsung galaxy551....

• vs

AnonD-18241, 17 Aug 2011guys...i'm a bit confused in buying one of the following phones.... moreI suggest galaxy 551...capacitive screen is a must...android too..if u need front front camera, increase ur budget...nd hv android....

• sunil91

awesome phone at this budget. beautiful design, slide in keypad acts as a secondary navigation device

• aceleciburak

samsung brasil offical web page is realese português language user manual for android 2.3

release date 19 august 2011.

• AnonD-19758

great phone for the value.. no battery issues - lasts days, just turn off Background-Data under Settings, Accounts & Sync.

Good screen, good speed and slide-out keyboard for the money. Comes with Froyo 2.2

• rahul

i bought this phone 2 months ago and i am absolutely enjoying it....551 is a great value for money....in my case i dont think there is battery problem and i use it easily for 2 days.....remember to continue charging for 1 more hour after the phone shows 'CHARGED'.....right now i am typing this message on my 551 :)

• taimuri

Arc, 21 Aug 2011Which are the colours that r available in this set..?? Can i ch... moreNo you cannot change to any other version.

Anonymous, 24 Aug 2011thanks sekhar 4 ur reply, but i heard that we can upgrade galax... moreNo chance officially(by samsung i mean)...I have been using this device for 7months now...As per unofficial 2.3,there is a Cyanogenmod 7 port in the making..but it might take about another 2months...

AnonD-5160, 19 Aug 2011no 2.3 update for galaxy 551....thanks sekhar 4 ur reply,
but i heard that we can upgrade galaxy 551 to android 2.3

Anonymous, 21 Aug 2011can u suggest an android phone with better battery life and simi... moreLG Optimus one...its the best bet at this price...Better battery backup too

• Ayush

AnonD-18241, 17 Aug 2011guys...i'm a bit confused in buying one of the following phones.... moreWhat r the colours available on this phone..??
Can I change the OS to others ?? ( like eclair , gingerbread , blah blah )!!!
Plz answer my questns .... this is gonna b my 1st mobile !!

can u suggest an android phone with better battery life and similar features around the same price? thnx

• Arc

AnonD-18241, 17 Aug 2011guys...i'm a bit confused in buying one of the following phones.... moreWhich are the colours that r available in this set..??
Can i change the OS into others...( like eclair , gingerbread ) ???
PLZ take my questns seriosly...this is gonna b my 1st mob..

• Ark

Can i change the OS into others...( like eclair , gingerbread ) ???
PLZ take my questns seriosly...this is gonna b my 1st mob..

Battery life is not so great. Also while charging the phone, the touch screen doesnt really work properly. Im not so sure why this happens. RAM lil slow. Is this a common issue? Any suggestions as to what to do about the same?

• c

Battery life is not so great, and also touch screen doesnt really work properly, while charging the phone...Am not really sure, why this happens..Is this a common issue? Any suggestions as to what to do about it?