Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

AnonD-706582, 08 Oct 2017Apart from infinity display and bixby which are good to hear S... moreThere is no point upgrading A series, if you want all this stuff - go buy S series. A series are good as they are.

AnonD-587010, 07 Oct 2017What about A8 2017? A8 2016 was announced last year in September... moreless demand on A8 series, ( A8 2016 only released in certain country)

AnonD-706582, 08 Oct 2017Apart from infinity display and bixby which are good to hear S... morewell, VR requirement is the phone need to have Quad HD resolution and faster chipset will cost more, then it will not become a budget phone anymore ;)

Apart from infinity display and bixby which are good to hear
Samsung's budget A series should be upgraded with
Major sensors
Gear vr support*
Support Samsung other products
USB C 3.0
4 gigs of ram or higher
Higher processor and GPU
latest android
Upgraded camera with slow motion recording
If possible led notification
Samsung should also preserve the specs like
Glass body
Dedicated slots
IP 68 chip

Just waiting for announcement.

Too early to bring up debates about this phone. But I'm actually excited on how this looks like. Nevertheless, I'll stick with my A5 2017 and jump straight to S series when I'm not happy with it anymore. (I'm actually expecting to use my current phone up to 3 years hahaha)

What about A8 2017? A8 2016 was announced last year in September, now we are in October and steel no leaks or rumours!!!

Anonymous, 07 Oct 2017Confused as to why the A5 looks like it will have an infinity di... morePhoto on a7 2018 is for reference is the photo from a7 2017

Confused as to why the A5 looks like it will have an infinity display yet the a7 a normal one....

I hope the "octa core A53" is not true because it would again ruin the A series. There should be at least 2 high performance cores, we don't want to be stuck in 2013 performance and still have to pay € 400 in 2018.

• Chrsjns

Its a 5.5 inch phone, I wonder how compact the dimensions of the phone would be....

• Pand

If the specs are true then LG will lose the space. Surely !!

• Manyakis maraig

Cool phone. Imma buy if the price is right

• Anon12345

Mirkran, 06 Oct 2017For all those who think this has almost the same specs as last y... moreAgreed, people should wait for official specs before judging.

I bought galaxy S3 in 2012 for RM2199(about 600U$D)*on the time of release.Seriously,its been 5 years & working perfect! I only wanna upgrade my phone cuz the trend has change.Everyone upgrading to bezel-less phone.I only use my phone for calls,social media,news,coc....so this a5(2018) will perfectly fit me.Im waiting for this phone!!!

For all those who think this has almost the same specs as last year model, no A5 had the same specs of the last year model.

A5 (2015): SD410, 2GB RAM, 2300mAh, 720p display, Adreno 306
A5 (2016): SD615/Exynos 7580, 2GB RAM, 2900mAh, 1080p display, Adreno 405/Mali-T720MP2
A5 (2017): Exynos 7880, 3GB RAM, 3000mAh, 1080p display, Mali-T830MP3.

According to last rumors and benchmark listings, this will have an Exynos 7885 (2xCortex-A73 and 6xCortex-A53) and a Mali G71 GPU (unspecified number of cores), 4GB RAM, Infinity Display and 300mAh more than last year model.

Please samsung, PLEASE make a3 a5 a7 same specs just the size different. And chipset should be on par with at least galaxy s7. A5 2017 is on par with s5. Gpu is better a little. I mean a8 2016 has s6 performance. A series in terms of performance should be 1 or maybe 2 years old. Not 3. A5 2015 on par with s3 a5 2016 on par with s4. Not good for a 450 euro phone.

95% same specs as A5 2017. Samsung is becoming shamesung.

I hope they don't drop A3 series.
A3 2018 with 5,2" full ratio screen would be the best one handed phone.
A5 2018 has good size but even smaller A3 2018 would be better.

• Manyakis maraig