Samsung Galaxy S10

Samsung Galaxy S10

Sam799, 08 Jan 2020Any new features? I haven't received it yet.Just the January security patch

Maggi, 07 Jan 2020I got January security patch update on s10 plus. Anyone get i... moreAny new features? I haven't received it yet.

Yes im loving the Android 10 update. Glad ive finally got it.

• Maggi

I got January security patch update on s10 plus. Anyone get it on their s10?

Jenko, 05 Jan 2020You are right. They are forcing us to change to iphone and andro... moreThat's why the lower midrange M30 got the android 10 update while the S8 & Note 8 were ignored.

• Jenko

Cupcakes, 05 Jan 2020It's not about being rich, you really don't have to be rich to b... moreYou are right. They are forcing us to change to iphone and android only for midrange.

Anonymous, 05 Jan 2020Most of the rich people like you guys don't keep phone for more ... moreI believe there are much more S10 users than Google Pixel 4 or Oneplus 7 users. So the cost of extended software support would be much lower PER DEVICE for Samsung.

Anonymous, 05 Jan 2020Most of the rich people like you guys don't keep phone for more ... moreIt's not about being rich, you really don't have to be rich to buy a good phone. (LOL for instance, I'm still a student only working part time)

2 years of major OS updates aren't really enough. Let's take the note 10 series for example. When it was launched, android 10 was already out. But it came out with Android 9. So by the current standards, it'll end up at Android 11. It really sucks, isn't it?

On the other hand, Apple supports their devices with 5 major iterations of ios. Hardware on the phones are capable of operating for even more than 5 years; especially the flagship devices.

If a person wants to change his phone after 2 years, it's his/her choice. But for the ones who like to hold on to their devices, it's really really unfair. End of support from the OEM is like forcing them to buy a new phone.

Remember, I'm talking about flagship devices; not about mid-range or entry level devices. An OEM doesn't launch that many flagship devices per year. So it's not that hard to support those devices for a long time. Google does it, oneplus does it, so should the other manufacturers.

Jenko, 03 Jan 2020Obviously you are in the wrong forum . Flagships are not for you... moreMost of the rich people like you guys don't keep phone for more than 2yrs, so saying that only 2 new android for a flagship is not enough is pointless!

Cupcakes, 04 Jan 2020Well unlike you, we paid a premium for our phones and we need th... moreYou are right. Updates gives optimum performance. But, i just want to say that even with 2yr old android, almost everything works well enough and gets the job done.

Maggi, 04 Jan 2020Updates are very important in flagship phones. Helps your phone... moreI never encountered any of the problem you mentioned

• Maggi

Cupcakes, 04 Jan 2020Well unlike you, we paid a premium for our phones and we need th... moreI totally agree with your comment cupcakes:)

• Maggi

Anonymous, 03 Jan 2020I can't get it, why people are crying so much about new android ... moreUpdates are very important in flagship phones. Helps your phone to run smoothly. Apps to work at thier best and to keep good performance These phones are computers in our hands. Computers and laptops needs updates. We pay lots of money for these phones and expect them to be updated and upgraded Most apps are updated to pie and now android 10. So apps will become useless on old OS. Apps i used on s7 edge I cant use on android 9 or 10 because they stopped getting updates and are useless now. Security updates are important to. We update our computers to keep them running at peak performance. So the same applies to flagship phones.

• Jenko

Cupcakes, 04 Jan 2020Well unlike you, we paid a premium for our phones and we need th... moreThen you understand that two updates is not enought for a flagship owners

Anonymous, 03 Jan 2020I can't get it, why people are crying so much about new android ... moreWell unlike you, we paid a premium for our phones and we need them to last longer while staying up to date with latest Android Versions. Staying up to date means,

1) Better Features
2) Enhanced User Experience
3) Security - most premium phone users use online banking and creit cards. They require their devices to be secure.
4) Better for thr environment

Also it's not just about getting the basics done with your phone. People care about enhanced features like better displays, better cameras, better audio quality - basically an enhanced user experience when using a flagship. This includes updates. Hope you understood.

• Jenko

Anonymous, 03 Jan 2020I can't get it, why people are crying so much about new android ... moreObviously you are in the wrong forum . Flagships are not for you like s10.

Jenko, 02 Jan 2020It is clear about Samsung managers are not living in the real e... moreLet's hope they'll do better this year with S9 and Note 9, providing them with Android 11

There's increased concern about this "jUST 2 major OS updates" policy among most of the users. Perhaps they'll do something about it.

I can't get it, why people are crying so much about new android and updates?!.. many people are using 2yr old android like oreo and all.. i myself using 8.00 oreo on galaxy a5 (released almost 3yr ago). And doing all the things I want with 8.00 oreo and only 3gb ram.. though I receive regular security updates. My phone is on dec 1 security version. I think it also depends on variants. Exynos variant gets updates more regularly than snapdragon.

• Jenko

jenko, 28 Dec 2019Samsung only provide with two android maior updates to my S8. It... moreIt is clear about Samsung managers are not living in the real economy. People dont spent 800 or 900 hundreds euros every one or two years to keep their mobiles update.
Others companies, like Nokia motorola etc, dissapeared when the didnt take care about customers feeling. Actually Samsung is kicking in the as to their most valuable customers.

Guess they entirely forgot GoodLock modules ?

Probably busy with getting Android 10 to other devices, but it shouldn't be an excuse!