Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

n0-way, 15 May 2022Non! The sd888 cooking 🍳 processor ruin them both! I return... moreU R Right...
So Sony Xperia 1 II or S20 FE 5G ?
& Why?!

• n
    • n0-way
    • aj@
    • 15 May 2022

TaReQa, 15 May 2022S21U or Sony Xperia 1 III ?! Non! The sd888 cooking 🍳 processor ruin them both! I returned 1 mark 3 after 2 days bcoz of the overheating! You must choose a good phone without an overheating problem! Ex; s20fe sd865 5g 8gb ram, note 10 plus sd855, s10 plus sd855, xperia 1 mark 2 sd865 12gb ram version! Etc. Avoid cooking 🍳 processors sd888 and sgen 8 1! Regardless the name of the phone!

• ?
      • KgZ
      • 15 May 2022

How in the hell does this phone support an FM radio while it lacks a headphone jack?

S21U or Sony Xperia 1 III ?!

Dean, 10 May 2022Probably one of the best phones I have ever owned. Had the ... moreSame goes for other flagship phones. We have reached peak flagship smartphone.

Camp, 27 Apr 2022First of all, there's no scenario where you need 20 ap... moreIs there no difference between 8Gb ram and 16Gb? Well, why don't you open 50 apps, and see how many stay open in the 8Gb ram

AnonD-1039478, 27 Apr 2022Why do you need 20 or so apps oepn at same time?? Stupid Also I have a very interesting thought. Phones that are faster don't need to reload apps, because their reload times are already fast. Only phone like my slow Pixel 3a needs a lot of ram, so apps won't hang, but well would you guess it, it only has 4gb ram.

AnonD-1039478, 27 Apr 2022Why do you need 20 or so apps oepn at same time?? Stupid Idk maybe, to switch between them seamlessly. Like, say I want to use WhatsApp, Youtube, Gmail, Browse the internet, Message someone and use the camera all at the same time, I would want all of them to be open right?

77, 26 Apr 2022The amount of RAM we need is certainly growing. The average... moreExactly. You are right. Pixel 3a with 4gb ram barely holds more than 5 apps open, and if the camera is one of them... well, bye bye any other apps

• D
                    • Dean
                    • Bj8
                    • 10 May 2022

Probably one of the best phones I have ever owned. Had the chance to upgrade to the S22 Ultra but wasn't worth it spec wise. I will continue to stick with the S21 Ultra until a noticeable jump occurs in Samsung's spec list.

Analog, 06 May 20221 - is it unlocked from Samsung ? or still carrier sponsore... more1 - Yes. This is unlocked version: SM-G998U1 (USA unlocked)
                      2 - I don't know if I will be able to flash EU firmware version into this US phone. I can't tell you, because I don't know, but I would like to know that if it is possible.
                      3 - Well. I don't think so I would ever do that :D

The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G is a fantastic phone. However, it is not perfect and it will not be a serious competitor for Apple until Samsung get their act together.
                        As an example of the above statement, I mention here the eSIM (for the US version) which does not work properly.
                        Many carriers shy away from enabling this in US, and the ones who did, I suppose they regret it now. Personally I had issues with TMO activation for the eSIM on this particular model, VZW stated that they did not had a single successful eSIM activation on this model, and ATT does not even touch it. Of course SAMSUNG "doesn't know anyting about this"... and therefore the one big thing, which could have been a great feature, is really not working. Overall, the phone is ok, could have been great, but ... it is what it is.

Xytanox, 02 May 2022I'm from europe and I've bought the US version of... more1 - is it unlocked from Samsung ? or still carrier sponsored in US ?
                          2 - if it is factory unlocked you may be able to flash a EU firmware, however I doubt it will work. Hardware may be different ( e.g. radios ).
                          3 - move to US :)

• A
                            • Azo
                            • X}k
                            • 05 May 2022

rifleman, 03 May 2022Dropped mine too, and the screen went flickering. Had to do... moreWith the new battery the SOT is the same as you purchased the S21 Ultra for the first time or little lesser than that?

• ?
                              • Lhq
                              • 04 May 2022

Xytanox, 02 May 2022I'm from europe and I've bought the US version of... moreIt's not about the case of unlocking the device. The hardware used for US 5G differs from EU/UK as it operates on different frequencies. The antenna is picking up signals of certain frequencies, thus trying to connect to a complete different frequency other that it's intented manufactured specification is just not doable.

• r
                                • rifleman
                                • MMU
                                • 03 May 2022

aymansan, 30 Mar 2022I got Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, 3 months ago, I dropped ... moreDropped mine too, and the screen went flickering. Had to do official repairs, cost me 300 EUR for a new screen, but got a new battery as a result too (not that there were problems with the previous one, but still)

I'm from europe and I've bought the US version of S21 Ultra (because of SD888 ofc) and 5G doesn't work, I'm seeing only LTE on. Could someone tell me, if there is any solution to unlock the 5G of US smartphones in europe?

• Harry
                                    • sXe
                                    • 02 May 2022

Hi I just bought the s21 ultra, but I have a problem, my front camera is blurry and won't go in focus, software or hardware problem?

• 7
                                      • 77
                                      • mXr
                                      • 30 Apr 2022

Camp, 27 Apr 2022First of all, there's no scenario where you need 20 ap... moreYou're just another typical simplicity guy .
                                      16 or 20gb Ram is there, why you complaining, is it costing money or is it heavy too you too carry or you need to put petrol too cost money. Its just there in reserve

That's like saying why live in a house when mansion or villa is bigger better. Having reserve, why you triggered? Like saying having extra knowledge or money is not needed. Are you serious or just losr the plot?

• 7
                                        • 77
                                        • mXr
                                        • 30 Apr 2022

Camp, 27 Apr 2022First of all, there's no scenario where you need 20 ap... moreExcessive RAM than you need will never hurt your smartphone. With the rise of gaming smartphones like Asus ROG Phone, Black Shark, and recently launched Samsung Note 20 with dedicated tabs and inbuilt controller support designed to play X Box titles from a smartphone, smartphone gaming will surely touch new heights, sooner than later. And an excessive RAM as a backup can't be a bad idea.

So, If you're a hardcore gamer, investing little more for the shake of a better gaming experience makes a lot of sense. But if you're a casual user who likes to play temple run, candy crush, unicorn dash, angry birds like titles on your smartphone