Samsung Galaxy S5

Samsung Galaxy S5

I've taken my entire family of 4 phones to S5s since I left Sprint and went to T-Mobile.

I chose these because the S6, (which was the phone at the time) had a permanent battery that couldn't be changed, and a wrap around screen that couldn't be protected. My wife's S5 is on it's third battery and they only cost 7 bucks factory at Amazon. She uses it for everything. Mine is still on it's first battery because I don't.

They are great phones and the only "improvement" with the new phones is in the camera sections that the S5 already had. And a wrap around screen that nothing can protect.

I have 4 of these running since the S6, all referbs, and we've only broken one. I keep two extras. The last one I bought was 123 bucks and preinstalled with Marshmallow. Nice.

• mika

Anonymous, 14 Feb 2018No. You might have installed some battery consuming appJust turn on battery saving

Bought it end of April last year, still no problems. It was 2 years old but with a new battery. Only the screen flickers at very low brightness when it's cold, but I can live with that. Apart from that, it's as good as new. More than 130 apps inside, no problem. I just clean it sometimes and don't use heavy apps or battery-heating games, but I do use it a lot. I can't believe it's already 10 months.

I am using t mobile s5 I haven't received update for marshmallow yet I live in Sri Lanka

AnonD-674502, 14 Feb 2018My s5 battery drains fast and heats up easily is everyone experi... moreMine does that, but I have had it for 3 or 4 years. I am going to by a new phone today.

devil, 13 Feb 2018s5 battery suck.... charge leg really suck I change x4 times sti... moreI have been using Samsung S5 for almost 4 years but never had problem. my phone by accident fall around 7-8 times during this 4 years and nothing effect on the phone the function were good

AnonD-674502, 14 Feb 2018My s5 battery drains fast and heats up easily is everyone experi... moreNo. You might have installed some battery consuming app

My s5 battery drains fast and heats up easily is everyone experiencin this?Is it normal?

• devil

s5 battery suck.... charge leg really suck I change x4 times still same problems repeat and repeat again...I give up this s5,1 things camera good other suck...I bought 1 and half years repaired x7 x8 times.... no quality Samsung I prefer Huawei p10 mate 10 or mate 10 pro ,Samsung and iPhone crazy prices

• Zosoi

Anonymous, 11 Feb 2018Depends on how you use My s5 sot only 2-3 hrs because of inte... moreMany thanks.

Zosoi, 07 Feb 2018Hello all ! In normal use (LTE or Wifi permanently) - what is ... moreDepends on how you use

My s5 sot only 2-3 hrs because of internet & continues downloading & watching youtube videos etc. Otherwise max 4hrs or 4hrs 30min..

• Zosoi

Hello all !
In normal use (LTE or Wifi permanently) - what is the average time of the battery - mine is about 6 hours. Is this normal ?
Thanks.

• Lg

S5 or lg k10 2017 brand new ? And why

• PROCAL

ALI, 30 Jan 2018how can i unable volte in this phone?in order to activate or get the VOLT on it you will need a custom ROM, and a custom KERNEL to go with it, you can look it up in the XDA FORUM for S5 ... its a bit advanced but you will be totally satisfied after even with the system option that is very similar to the S8 with nougat + you will get some battery life and the VOLT Option as well

ALI, 30 Jan 2018how can i unable volte in this phone?U'll unable to do so

• ALI

how can i unable volte in this phone?

Anonymous, 05 Jan 2018Front camera is just bad :'(( plus it cant focus in the low ligh... moreYes the front camera on the S5 is a let down, its 2Mp compared to primary camera which is 16MP. I'd suggest getting the A5 which is only slightly more, it has 16MP on both front and back.

S5, 21 Jan 2018S5 or galaxy a5 2015 or iphone 5s and why ?Both Samsungs are wining with my comparisison, iPhone is out. For some reason the S5, for some reason the A5

• PROCAL

J, 21 Jan 2018I wish that samsung will give a nougat update on samsung s5 beca... moreactually you dnt realy have to wait for an oficial update from samsung, there is some very well made CUSTOM ROM such as "NEMESSIS ROM" with full nougat ROM and options .. do some research on it and beleive me you will satisfied dear friend ;)

• anonymous

J, 21 Jan 2018I wish that samsung will give a nougat update on samsung s5 beca... moreyes completely agree