Samsung i900 Omnia

Samsung i900 Omnia

• nella

Hey all
seems to have been a rather heated debate between whether the Omnia or the Iphone is better.
I have neither but presonally i would never go for an Iphone, nothing to do with the phone its self but personally i dont like hat fact that apple have tied it to one network and have made it so that the phone breaks if you unlock it so that your warranty is invalid.
As a consumer i am in favour of health competition and apple have only done this so that their product can remain at a high price and will not affect the prices of their normal Ipods.

My question is about the blackberry bold though. Im due for an upgrade on Orange tomorrow morning and cant decide between the two. i went to phone sfor you and played with both but that only made matters more confusing. so please please let me hear your arguments as to either.

the functionality that i need is included in both Quadband and wifi.... both have sat nav which is handy and anything more is a bonus.

really want to get rid of my current phone asap as its the orginal N95.... yes i know laugh but nobody told me about the systemic software faults when i bought it!!

• nick

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970of course id rather drive a fully loaded kia than a basic bmw!
im not that desperate in needing to show off to people that i drive a german car.

why would i pay an extra 10,000 on a lil blue and white badge??? its madness!! buy a ford mondeo, great car

• uk guy

ok tell me more

im looking at 45 per month tarrif

UK GUY, 25 Aug 2008on 02 in uk this phone will need additional bolt ons to make use... moreI agree rip off Britain but O2 seems better than Voda. The bolt on can be inclusive on 35 O2 tariff, but accessing GPS on Voda could cost 5 more on top of that. It is only if you go on a cheaper O2 contract that the bolt on is 7.50 extra

• UK GUY

on 02 in uk this phone will need additional bolt ons to make use of the internet... which would cost 10 extra per month...

rip off britain!

its included free on iphone

• DT

Meesh, 24 Aug 2008Can someone who has the omnia test and see if can use mp3's as r... moreto put a real tone as a msg tone put your mp3 in the windows folder. it will then appear on the menu options under message tone

Anonymous, 25 Aug 2008I don't think vodafone could charge you/give u restrictions on t... moreCheers, yes, useful info

• eddy

after reading what the Anonymous iphone loving guy has said, i think his parents probably bought him the iphone as a gift. nuff said.

since my bday is coming up, i decided to treat myself with an omnia. i ordered it last week. hopefully i can get it within this week. cant wait!!!
cheers to all omnia users. =)

Anonymous, 25 Aug 2008Anybody know anything about the way GPS works on a mobile?? Pres... moreI don't think vodafone could charge you/give u restrictions on the use of GPS. If you want to get a fast fix, you can use a-gps, meaning that your phone will use the internet to connect to the sattelites blablabla. That will cost you money, but it is only temporarily and not mandatory. The use of the GPS receiver is for free, but you do need navigation software. And it might cost u money to update your maps in the program every once in a while, though that depends on the creator. Hope this helps:)

Meesh, 25 Aug 2008Im working hard to get a good deal from my network but they are ... moreYou must be with O2 as well then?

• Meesh

Im working hard to get a good deal from my network but they are still messing us about and cant seem to tell us when they'll have it in stock, if i find any other good deals il be sure to let you guys know!

• haroon

Can we all please stop fightng and find the cheapest 16GB sim free version available in UK.

no point fighting.Its simple if you dont like it dont buy it.

The cheapest i found sim free is 468 total price

can anyone beat that ??

please post your lowest price find for i900 omnia 16 GB

Anybody know anything about the way GPS works on a mobile?? Presumably you are accessing the internet to use it, so it will be chargeable, but on what basis? Must surely be by data amount, so on a hours car journey for example, how much would that cost? If you are paying for data download, why are UK Voda charging and addition 5 per month to access the same, if you are paying for it once via the web? I am really confused over this issue, so any help would be appreciated. I think 35 monthly is chunky money for a phone.

• velejaj

uk guy, 25 Aug 2008why is omnia better IYO? are you going on features alone? or ... moreI don`t think that we need to discuss about features of I-phone and Omnia because you cant compare them. Thru features, Omnia is another dimension in compare to I-phone. Like I said, I have them both, so I can compare them in operating. But, as I said to you before, my Omnia, till now (I have it for 1 month), dont have any problems in operating. I dont know, maybe Im just lucky owner of good Omnia, but from that perspective and when you list specifications of both phones, again Im for Omnia. Thats just my opinion, but like I said, maybe Im just lucky to have great Omnia.

• Thorgar

Meesh, 25 Aug 2008Nothing confirmed about that yet but im pretty sure it will be, ... moreNothing confirmed about that yet but im pretty sure it will be, god knows how long it'll be before it comes out, it exists since we can see it in the movie but its really still just a rumour just now!

I've also saw dino's in movies but that doesnt mean they exists

• Mark

I tried the iPhone and Omnia and the Omnia was the better option. Sure, it takes a bit longer to get used to the Omnia but since I'm on an 18 month contract I don't think the extra half hour or so is going to kill me. The iPhone's a nice phone but it's a bit dated and if you're buying a smartphone that's a killer.

As for UK deals, I got mine for free on an 18 month, 35 a month contract from Voda with 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited e-mails/browsing plus Voda Passport for international travel. Way cheaper than the iPhone too which is a bonus.

Finally, whilst I appreciate that both phones have selling points I wish people wouldn't come up with nonsense like "2MP is good enough for a camera!" or "We don't need it as a storage device" because while that may be good enough for you it certainly isn't for me. Last time I looked a BMW gave you extras, not took them away.

• Selina

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Just simple choice :

- If u want basic phone only for calling, sms, browsing, listening music then go to Apple iPhone.

- If u are smart people and want some phone that will do anything u want...just go to Samsung i900 Omnia.

• pradeep Chand

It's realy great phone. Apple I phone never compare omnia i 900 is so nice of.5mp camera is wonderful this modal.

• ramesh bhojwani

this appears to be samsungs answer to apple iphone.is it that silk smooth to operate.it has features superior to the iphone is my first impresion.if the interface and touch is smooth to work it shall be a great hit if priced worldwide at usd 500.
warmest regards,