Samsung i900 Omnia

Samsung i900 Omnia

as it is only scattered in a few shops the price is about $950 for 8g and $1100 for the 16g. if you wait a month when it is stocked in the shops the prices will be less by about $200 each.

• Nir

Guys,
Whats about the audio quality of music through headset?
Can i use this omnia as a modem?

i wrote the last opninion and have to say now that i had a couple of hours to use the play with the samsung i900 it is probably the best phone i have bought so far and i am comparing it to over 60 or 70 phones which i have used. definately better than the htc diamond and the iphone. worth every penny. good job samsung. just wish they have somehow installed the pen in the phone instead of it being seperate.

got my samsung today so i know have the iphone 3g and the htc diamond. i have to say both the htc and the samsung are very good and have all the features that are lacking in the iphone 3g but the iphone's interface is still generations away from all the other touch screens. Can anyone who has the samsung tell me if they have had any issues syncronizing with outlook. thanks

• bnshk

I just got my i900 ,the battery only has 1000mAh..

These are the spec's from Telstra, so it should work in Australia

HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) is the technical method in which data can be switched through a 3G-UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service). Currently Telstra operates 2 UMTS networks. These networks run on the frequencies of 3G-2100MHz (the initial 3G network only available in select areas around some major capital cities), and 3G-850MHZ (marketed as "the Next G network", this network is available to 99% of the Australian population).

Telstra has enabled HSDPA only on its 3G-850MHz Next G network. HSDPA is sometimes referred to as 3.5G or W-CDMA (Wideband Code-Division Multiple Access). Users will typically see speeds of 500-1500kbps*.

Hope this helps

• Guna

If I buy throug website to India does it work
2g.900 + 1800 HSDPA pls answer my ?

Samsung has released the U800 in Australia and that has the same HSDPA 2100 as the omnia i900 for 3G

• Guna

If I buy throug website to India does it work
2g.900 + 1800 HSDPA pls answer my ?

Teltsta in Australia is advertising the coming addition of the HTC Diamond and that has the same HSDPA 2100 as the Europe/Asia omnia i900 model ,not the Ameriaca's model. So it should be fine.

According to the spec's Australia does have 3g with 2100 HSDPA and this phone has those spec's .If buying one it would probably be to purchase the Europe/Asia model than the the America's model. Has anyone in Australia got one yet and using it.

• Jason

Jason, 18 Jul 2008Hi again, 3G won't apparently. A pity for you! BUT: there a... moreFurther more (maybe a question for others):
Will it not work in Australia, are you sure?
2G: 900 + 1800
3G: 850 + 2100
The specs says:
HSDPA 2100 Europe / Asia, 850 / 1900 Americas

The only difference I see is UMTS v. HSDPA, but it is both 3G. So maybe there is still a change for you!

• Jason

bunnylove, 18 Jul 2008Lame, it wont work in australia, the 3g capabilities. So unfair,... moreHi again,

3G won't apparently. A pity for you!
BUT: there are two options I can think of now, 1) still buy the phone and make use of all the other nice features, 2) wait. Personally I think they will bring it out ALL over the world just because Samsung expect it to be a VERY BIG HIT! Also they need to compete with other brands.

• bunnylove

Lame, it wont work in australia, the 3g capabilities. So unfair, this phone has everything I want in a phone. Nothing else available here has such specifications.

• bunnylove

Jason, 18 Jul 2008Dear Bunnylove, Please check the following link on GSM Arena:... moreThankyou so much, do you think this is a good buy? I'm looking for as much info as I can but so far I cant find any reports on bugs or problems since its so new

• Jason

Bunnylove, 18 Jul 2008Im a real newbie to phones but Im upgrading and this one seems t... moreDear Bunnylove,

Please check the following link on GSM Arena:

I think this will give some answers on your question.
Good luck, regards Jason.

• Bunnylove

Im a real newbie to phones but Im upgrading and this one seems the best. Only thing is I'm from Australia. I called samsung head office and they said they are not sure if it is even going to be made available in auz. yet. So my question is if I buy one from overseas, like uk or us version, will it work in australia? I have no idea on this stuff. Apologies if this qn seems lame!

:P

• zole2112

Why are there 2 versions, HSDPA 2100 for Europe/Asia and HSDPA 850 / 1900 for Americas? I live in the US but travel to Europe, I need a phone that will work world wide!

• Sidious

zubaraz, 17 Jul 2008I have asked my friend in Singapore to purchase i900 and he purc... moreZubaraz, let's exchange experience on this Omnia. I've got mine but I have problem with the GPS. It can never locate the satelite. :(

Other experience are good.

• Shou Ji