Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

• p1cwh0r3

james from malaysia, 22 May 2009i just wanna ask x1 if u using mp3 as a ringtone the volume will... moreProbably not... the loudspeaker is pretty quiet. I've never used the other phone you mentioned though so I can't really compare.

• p1cwh0r3

WAQAS, 23 May 2009hey guys plz tell me honestly ..how is audio quality..plus is it... moreAudio quality for the _earpiece_ is good.

From what I've experienced the loud speaker is not that good for playing MP3's loud. I've played everything from Classical to Heavy Metal. You'd be better off plugging the earphones on if you'd like to crank it up. This is what i do if i want to enjoy the music on the phone.

• WAQAS

hey guys plz tell me honestly ..how is audio quality..plus is it loud enough to enjoy music...plz also tell me about camera quality..I will be really really thank ful to all of u people

• WAQAS

• Mikey

Can you set up more than one exchange account on the X1?

• james from malaysia

i just wanna ask x1 if u using mp3 as a ringtone the volume will louder than p1i or not

• Abby

How's the sound quality? Is it any good? Is it loud?

• P1cwh0r3

Shae, 20 May 2009Please someone, How do I change the Operating System language of... morehave you tried:

[start>settings>system>regional settings]?

• P1cwh0r3

ryan, 21 May 2009all sony phones have bad reception!!!!!!!! I used to be sony fan... moreHave you been with the same provider? Country? Which ones?

Been with my provider and never really had any issues with reception on Sony ericssons.

• P1cwh0r3

I'm not a good reviewer but here goes my personal experience so far.
I've currently had the X1 for about a month here in Australia. Currently with the "3" network and it's handling it very nicely.

Overall I'm happy with the phone... of course I had to get use to it as my previous phone was the K850i.

People have commented on the battery life but that of course is if you have the bells and whistles going full time. I've turned down the brightness, email checking frequencys and a few other features and I'm currently getting 3-5 days standby, 1-3 heavy use out of it.
Unlike my previous SE phones (K850i, K800i, Z1010) so far *touches wood* this one hasn't decided to freeze on me.

Cons: (Minor) Sony Ericsson Website for Australia Still doesn't have the phone listed so I can register it on my account.
(Minor)The phone only has 3 alarms that you can set. K850i had 5, K800I had 5. I know it's a different OS but surely it could be changed?
(Minor) Keypad / Screen lock; [START>SETTINGS>LOCK] It currently only has the option to have it automatically lock when you have to unlock it with a password. There should be an option to not have to enter a password to unlock the phone... tad annoying.

Other than that, none really so far. Just trivial ones mostly cosmetics, I have fat thumbs so the qwerty kepad is a little slower sometimes.

If i have any more issues I'll be sure to let people know but I think Sony have actually done a good job with this model.

• Purav

tHe worst phone ever experienced in my lyf.. Its damn slow.. Its sometimes slower than iPhone..

• ryan

all sony phones have bad reception!!!!!!!! I used to be sony fan, but not anymore!!

• Mobilemaster

The X2 will be announced soon, now there are more Xperia devices on development, this year will be interesting right? Maybe the Xperia X2 will be produce by Sony Ericsson Japan, Sony Ericsson Japan leaved the biggest carrier, the Ntt Docomo, just to make phones for SE Europe, amazing!!! The Idou is that product, I think the Xperia models will be produced by SE Japan, they are the most advanced on Earth. Guys, what I am telling is true, I know a lot of mobile phones, I wrote comments for Idou since March. The X2 will have 5 mP camera, Winmob 6.5. Visit esato to learn more about SE.

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Most developed countra this model is FREE with a cheap contract.

Unfortunately, it is still a bad deal:

- reception bad and unreliable

- OS slow

- battery is lousy

- construction is weak

Try it for a few days before you buy!!!!

I love sony Ericsson i have a W850i for over to years now and i had no problems at all,I have a kid that drops it like crazy but still no problem...Now that wat i call a gr8 cell phone

• asd

kitbeat, 21 May 2009hi every one, has anyone ever downloaded new soft ware on the x1... moreIt is recommended that you have DSL or other high speed internet to attempt upgrading. Anything slower will take a long time but nevertheless you can successfully update. Update files for X1 can exceed 100 mb. It took me about 14 hrs to update P990 on dial-up!

• kitbeat

hi every one, has anyone ever downloaded new soft ware on the x1? how long did it take because yesterday i tried and it took almost nine hours but still on connection so i stopped it before it installed. please advise

• Xander

I don't trust Sony Ericsson anymore after the P1i debacle, which proved they let they their phones develop and test by interns. How come a company with so much years of experience fail to deliver a properly tested user-interface. I'm dissapointed.

• colin

better than the G1 & G2???????????

• giorgev

sony ericsson x1 ,
very good mobile phone . i had purchase few days before .belive me very good mobile . ilove it .i had never seen like this phone