Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

• martin ,veyron,sex

not everyone can afford an aston martin,bugatti veyron or lambo... but the owners of these are kings...but between these cars and SEX1 what is more affordable ....???

Yes, you are absolutely right :)

X1 is hot :)

˝Having charged the X1 overnight Monday I travelled to work in London and listened to music, by mid-morning I noticed that the battery was down at one bar, started charging it. I left it charging for a couple of hours and then started making calls, about less than 90 mins. On the way home I listened to some music and looked at some web sites, about 1.5 hrs. On arrival at home there was no battery left, so charged for 2 hrs. It turned itself off overnight.

Is this acceptable for a multimedia device ? I don't recall the actual spec but a couple of hours of music player seems to drain it almost completely. Add in push mail (which is a must) and a bit of browsing (all of which is why I got this) & it seems to need charging every 3 hrs of use. I can't be charging that often.

Worse though is that whilst using it yesterday the whole handset became very hot, all over. It was very hot on the back cover & hot when I had it held to my head for a call. This was beyond warm, it was like having a hand warmer in my pocket on the way home. I don't think that this is normal ! (I am charging it now (!) and it is cold, so I'll try & work out what heats it up). ˝

All the people who disappointed with the X1 are liars? :)))
I never said a word about W905 or G9ö5 - they might be a great SE phones :)))
but, I have used the X1 - and it is ...

but you can see dozens of post here written by other users s well.

as far as comparison of Nokia 5800 and X1 :))))

5800 selling very well!!!!!
(released later than x1!)

X1 cost almost double!!!

5800 users are generally satisfied!
no returns (unlike X1)

5800 cost less than Omnia in many places! Very aggressive (good) pricing policy by Nokia!

X1 is dead!

• SEX1 ANALYSIS

The phone with the most long awaited review,too long.... ,why??
Sex1 is too advanced/complicated phone for its generation,but give GSMA the time, 4 a good/full/genuine review of this monster!

Yes there is no point to compare
Omnia vs. X1

Omnia:
reliable compare to X1
sold in tons

X1:
buggy
cost 50% more!!!!
sales are very low

X1 can not even make the list of popular smartphones that sold in high volume.

And that was my point, but as usual SE fans could not comprehend basic concepts.

Anonymous, 09 Dec 2008LOL ...man the signal to noise ratio is so low in this thread... more:)
SE lost money in Q3 2008 again.

While the phone business grew SE lost money and sold less phones than a year ago!

Just to compare: Samsung sold 21% MORE phones than a year before.

Your prediction might be correct?

LOL

...man the signal to noise ratio is so low in this thread that it almost equals the voice quality on the X1 :)

Keep the bs coming people, we are almost at 8000 comments. I know some of you guys can keep up the propaganda before SE goes out of business :)

• SADGUY

Since 2002, when start using Sony phone....but now i'm totally disappointed. No more sony for me now on.

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Because it is hard to write a good review of the X1 and still being objective!

GSMArena was flooded with complaints at the time of release, so GSMArena waited .. waited for SE to fix the problems, but they have not been fixed, GsmArena has had three choices:

1: write an objective review - X1 suc.s

2: write a bias review

3: not write a review

In the last few week they did the smart thing :)

The phone is available! We all know all the problems, even the fans, SE PR staff etc. - no need for review.

The review is useful when the phone is not released yet. It gives some info what to expect.

We already know the X1!

Platform index :
- Xperia X1 = insufficient number of tests were done
- Omnia i900 = insufficient number of tests were done

• MAVERICK

I really like it its looks on the diplay stand, but I'm not sure if its screen could be on par with Nokia's 16 million colors. too bad it has only 65k. I like using my phone for viewing videos at times you see. Seems fast though.

• mr.IDK

Anonymous, 08 Dec 2008Nice story! :))))) The problem is that in the US the US versi... moreWhat is the officail version?
whats the diffrence?

• blank

well ive had the phone now for about a week... its great i guess the only problem with it is the battery time... it barely lasts. and yes i did charge it well before using it... another thing the phone heats up baddd when charging

CBUC1125, 08 Dec 2008I have had the North American X1A Silver for 2 weeks now. I ord... moreand you cant order it from sonystyle.com

The problem is that in the US the US version - the official version - is not released yet.
It has different chip set, some of the specs etc.

Nice try! ;)

• CBUC1125

Anonymous, 08 Dec 2008US-friendly Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a delayed until January 2009?... moreI have had the North American X1A Silver for 2 weeks now. I ordered it on 11/23/08 from sonystyle.com. It was delivered on 11/25/08. In that time I have installed TouchFlo 3D, several 3gp movies, all of my music and playlists, mp3 ringtones, Namco's Dig Dug classic arcade game, and too many other things to list.
I live in St. Louis, Mo. and the call quality is second to none. In one store where i couldn't receive ANY calls on my last phone (SE P990, i now have two bars. I have 4 bars in all other areas. The wi-fi works beautifully, it synced perfectly with my Motorola s9 BT headset also. The speaker is very loud for certain ringtones and music. 3GP movies look great on the screen also. My only complaint is that I thought the panels could be kept on the screen and they can't. They revert back to the last screen you were on after 2 minutes. If you like being able to customize your phone to an unheard of degree, this is for you. If you have any questions, let me know.

Anonymous, 01 Jan 19708000 comments? Wow! :)

I guess 4000 written by disappointed users and another 4000 written by SE fans,reps saying ´SE rules´ :))

I bet there will be tons of refurbished X1 in a few weeks.
It will be around 300 USD
(since the price is 750 USD now, another 2-3 week and the price (NEW unlocked) will be 600 USD)

The problem I just had enough of X1 and I would not take it for free.

It is already offered for FREE with contract - very reasonable contract. People still do not take it.
(or take it back)

I had the chance to test it in one of the SE markets, Best pocket pc ever, Really believe me, no doubt! but it is so expensive :(

US-friendly Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a delayed until January 2009?

Our previous report about the North American Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a said that the handset should reach the US this month. On December 7, more exactly.

Well, it’s now December 8 and the X1a is still not available for the US customers. Also, Best Buy doesn’t accept pre-orders for the handset anymore, while Sony’s US official online shop lists it as coming on January 12, 2009.

So it looks like there won’t be any Xperia X1a smartphones this Christmas for its fans over in the US.

As for the customers who managed to pore-order the handset from Best Buy (for $799.99), it’s said that they’re receiving emails informing them about stock delays.

We don’t know if all this is Sony Ericsson’s fault or not, but we do hope the X1a will reach North American shores as soon as possible.

AS USUAL SE IS A BIG DECEPTION!