Sony Xperia 10 V

• S
  • Someone
  • v3F
  • 14 May 2023

Everything are great, but hope they upgrade it to under display fingerprint sensor in the future.

**Those who talks about slow charging and low MP on camera, please do some research.

Higher MP doesn't makes a phone capture better image, due to binning.
Fast charging doesn't make phone last longer for usage per charge.

• y6V
    • 14 May 2023

for better or worse, i love that Sony sticks to its own design language. Sure I would've love some improvements to the chipset and RR but that's what the 5 & 1 is for. And this is a midrange phone and Sony is a Premium brand. Not some run-of-the-mill Chinese brand. I guess this is why they pulled out of a lot of markets because those areas are the ones plagued with China phones. This phone is for the ones who want a lightweight and long-lasting phone they can depend on the whole day.

• P
      • Pitchwisse
      • 4Ni
      • 14 May 2023

I find it difficult to justify buying a phone with a 60Hz display, at this point. Once you use a higher refresh rate screen, it's painfully difficult to go back. Within the price range, this wasn't even meant to be a mom or a dad phone. Not really sue what the thinking was behind this.

• A
        • Alpha
        • 80i
        • 14 May 2023

Anonymous, 13 May 2023if this is Sony best , then it should quit .People have been saying this years on end...and yet Sony will continue making phones and we Sony fans will buy them...go cry now

• A
          • Alpha
          • 80i
          • 14 May 2023

joe nodden, 13 May 2023No need for the chin bezel. You won't buy a Sony, so stf.u and let us Xperia fans enjoy the bezels..we like Bezels and we will continue to buy them.

Oh wait I was so distracted by the large bottom bezel that I didn't notice they think they can sell a $500 piece of plastic with a garbage Snapdragon 695 and a 60hz display. No other redeeming features either. Why would you ever buy this phone.

YUKI93, 14 May 2023Still look way better than any phone with notch and punch h... moreNever said it didn't.

joe nodden, 13 May 2023No need for the chin bezel. Still look way better than any phone with notch and punch holes. Don't even mention iPhone 14's Dynamic Island joke.

Pampam666, 13 May 2023I wish more brands would adopt this design, its really slic... moreI'm happy to take an overpriced high-quality phone instead of a cheaper phone with older or lower-grade hardware. After all, Sony phones have always been known to be notoriously durable in long-term use. A friend of mine still keeps his still-functioning Z2 and 10 Plus as backup phones despite already moving to first-gen 1.

finally sony has put stereo speakers here! they havent even had that in their previous phones. wait- oh, they are using that same chipset.

• k
                      • kek
                      • GBh
                      • 14 May 2023

based on photo samples already posted on the comparison tool, it seems the new sensor is terrible on low light, maybe even worst than the IV one.

WTF Sony.

I can't wait to see what the battery life is like on the Xperia 5 V. I hope they release this in the States.

• M
                          • Madcat
                          • Ax9
                          • 13 May 2023

I see that people are comparing this to a52s. I do not have 10 V but I do have a52s. The camera app on the a52s is worse than the camera app of a sony xperia z3 compact from 9 years ago. I have also started noticing problems with getting from the lock screen to the home screen: sometimes I get into my phone for half a second and then it sends me back to the lock screen. The fingerprint sensor is absoloutely terrible by the way, works 1 out of 3 times. The final problem I have is that the top menu, where you can select bluetooth, torch, wifi, etc... , often overlays with the home screen in a weird way, even if you dont pull it down. If these problems dont concern you, then I can recommend a52s, but I experience all these problems multiple times a day.

• r39

No fast changing support

No need for the chin bezel.

• P
                                • PanRT
                                • Mrm
                                • 13 May 2023

VV, 13 May 2023Looks very promising on paper. I like minimalistic design, ... moreSony 1 V ONLY 30W.. 10 V no Fast..

• V
                                  • VV
                                  • Mux
                                  • 13 May 2023

Looks very promising on paper. I like minimalistic design, IP rating, screen, battery and 3.5mm (the most!). But what will be charging speed? Will it be normal in todays standarts? Because pixel 7a messed everything up with theyr stone age charging speeds 😥

Looking to replace my old trusty oneplus 6, but can't find decent one. Seems i will stick with it until death (my or phone)

• 0p}
                                    • 13 May 2023

IQ200, 13 May 2023You answered your own question yourself lol. It's not ... moreRule to be 4K is not 2160p.
                                    Even 3800 x 1600 is considered 4K already.
                                    There is no 4K 21:9 without crop.

• 0p}
                                      • 13 May 2023

Leonardo, 13 May 2023So, they messed up the 4K display resolution in their expen... more5040 x 2160 is 5K. SoC does not support this.

• 33S
                                        • 13 May 2023

I have been thinking why Sony released a smartphone in 2023 that is actually worse in many aspects than the Mark III model from two years.

Now the only feasible explanation I can come with is that Sony has tailored the Xperia 10 V for those corporate device fleets rather than us individual consumers.

Both Xperia 10 and Xperia Ace lines are usually Android Enterprise Recommended devices, and I think that Mark V here will be no exception.

With that GODLIKE 175h battery endurance rating plus reduced weight, it kind of makes sense to me now.
                                        Xperia 10 V looks like a great company phone — no more, no less. Any ordinary field worker will be happy to get a phone that weighs less, lasts more, has a 3.5" jack for professional grade wired headsets, and does not look like a brick.

I mean, it might just be that the 10 IV had been so successful as a corporate device and Sony had got so many preorders that they decided to stick to the successful 10 IV formula for this year's model.
                                        And I can't blame them for that.
                                        I want Sony to make as much money as they can so that they would continue making phones with:
                                        - screens that have no notches, waterdrops, holes etc.
                                        - SD card support
                                        - 3.5" wired headphone support
                                        - side fingerprint scanners
                                        These are the features I enjoy everyday when using Xperia 5 II that many other manufacturers dropped because they are blindly mimicking Apple.

Thank you so much Sony for having the balls to stick to your own design language!

Now Xperia 10 V is a bit less than I expected and Xperia 1 V is too long for my liking, so I guess that Xperia V Mark V will be a perfect fit for my needs.