Sony Xperia 1 III

Sony Xperia 1 III

I'd like to know how is the flashlight. It's useful or not? On XZ or Z3 you can't see almost nothing with it. Can't even film in the night.

Mangoon, 27 Aug 2021Phone in hand, but only since last night! First impression... moreNice to hear your enthusiasm.
It was always a thing that One has to be an actual user to appreciate why a Sony phone is one of the best products on the market.
Rews tend to ommit so much appreciable stuff, that user actually finds out only when holding and using the phone.
Just remember to give its AI some 2 weeks time to adapt its battery usage and charging to your app usage scenario. I suggest doing some batterylife tweaks also, and keep it at 60 hz for starters.

Mangoon, 27 Aug 2021Phone in hand, but only since last night! First impression... moreCongrats my dude. I certainly can't wait to get it on my hands but...I have to wait 2 weeks still.

Phone in hand, but only since last night! First impressions, I'm thrilled. I remember my old LG V30 that I absolutely loved, and it died, so I went to the G8 which had decent reviews at the time. Figured it wouldn't be much of a different feel and experience from the V30, but it always just felt like a phone, nothing that I got much enjoyment from. This phone brings back the excitement of the V30 and then some.

The operation is insanely smooth. And the screen is positively gorgeous. And it's fast. I really can't believe how much quicker this is than the 855 from the G8. I haven't had nearly enough time to play around with most of the settings. The sound quality from the front speakers is impressive, with equal true stereo. Wireless with the WF-1000XM3's is exceptional. Best wireless experience I've had. Haven't had time to see how they drive my Bose 700's yet. Looking forward to that.

There are a ton of little settings to tweak and mess around with. I'm running Nova Launcher Prime as my launcher, and it works well. In fact, all of the Sony-specific settings and toys (like side sense) are still available within the launcher. My brother sent me a songlist from Tidal that is specific for the 360 sound, and the experience is amazing, even with the wireless XM3's.

No overheating issues with games and the like, just got one notification on initial setup and downloading of apps that the phone was heating up, but it didn't feel hot to me. Initial impressions, I'm thrilled. Absolutely could not be happier and more excited with my decision. Slapped a 512 card in there, can download and store as much Hi-Def music as I want for use away from Wifi and the like. Absolutely zero regrets.

• ...

Sony produces excellent image sensors for the best flagship smartphones of other brands. Sony's Alpha series cameras are of the best in the world. BUT Sony doesn't achieve to make a competitive smartphone camera setup with its own leading know-how and smartphone image sensors? INCOMPETENT or PIECEMEAL STRATEGY?

When 4k 144hz display will be released by sony?

Mangoon, 27 Aug 2021US version. No 512gb available.So... freakin' tempting...lol.

Dometalican, 27 Aug 2021But is it the US version? Or global?US version. No 512gb available.

Fanto, 26 Aug 2021Cancelled my order on Amazon and ordered it again in Adoram... moreBut is it the US version? Or global?

RKgeek, 26 Aug 2021How does the Sony Xperia 1 Mark III compare to Samsung Gala... moreCompare meaning what, exactly? As you've seen here, there's a lot of talk about features of the phone that some people really want. I get that there's people that absolutely would prefer the Samsung. But if you believe that the 1 II was superior to the S20, I believe the same reasons would hold now, with the caveat that the S21 has greater zoom capabilities than the S20, and arguably 1 III. I think it's a matter of what you want from your phones.

Fanto, 26 Aug 2021Cancelled my order on Amazon and ordered it again in Adoram... moreExcellent! And congratulations. Mine is to be delivered today. Like waiting for Christmas morning around here...

• Fanto

Cancelled my order on Amazon and ordered it again in Adorama....and they already shipped the phone.

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2021Did anyone receive this phone in the US? I ordered on July ... moreYup, just received it today. Pre-ordered as soon as it was available on Sony's online store

Did anyone receive this phone in the US? I ordered on July 2 on Amazon, today, I received an email saying it was postponed to September 13.

RKgeek, 26 Aug 2021How does the Sony Xperia 1 Mark III compare to Samsung Gala... moreYes it is but bit to expensive

rizki1, 26 Aug 2021launched in april, released in august great job sony.Sony Mobile has less market share then Samsung mobile and Huaweii and we are in a Covid 19 pandemic and silicone shortage.

Anonymous, 24 Aug 2021Agree, 5G is useless unless 5G SA becomes a standard5G not useless the MM wave isn't used outside USA only Sub 6GHZ

This phone rivals Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and will defeat overpriced iPhone 13 Pro Max with lighting cable no USB C

• RKgeek

How does the Sony Xperia 1 Mark III compare to Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is it superior like Sony Xperia 1 Mark II was superior to Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra?

rizki1, 26 Aug 2021sorry, but can you explain why? and i saw many phones annou... moreI can actually answer this one. BBK (Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus to which IQOO and Realme are included), Samsung, and Xiaomi tend to order a TON of processors in one fell swoop so that they're all ready for their 5-7 flagships they release for the year. Remembering that Samsung helped build the architecture of the 888 (and the upcoming 898), I wouldn't put it past Samsung to hoard a ton of them thereby screwing over Sony...

Let's also not forget, with Xiaomi being a Qualcomm favorite, they were fine designing the pointless 860 in the middle of this thing.