Sony Xperia 1 III

Sony Xperia 1 III

Anonymous, 07 May 2021Xperia 1 III is really worthy? Or should I buy xperia 5 ii?... moreThe 5 II is a solid phone. I bought the international version but something was glitchy with the update process, so I had to return it. It feels smaller than it is because of the 21:9 form factor, but is a tiny bit narrower, less than half inch taller than the S9. Camera specs are similar. The 1 has the 4K screen and a ToF sensor for the camera, which should help with rapid focusing and the like. (I'm sure other folks can add benefits of that as well). I actually really liked the photos on the 5 II, with less color alteration and oversaturation than the Galaxy series. It's one of the only phones right now that you could get an aux jack and sd card like in your 9 series. Also, not notch or punch holes, which design-wise to me, is so much nicer. There's a forum on gsmarena specifically on the 5 III as well. I would imagine the Mark III is pretty similar to the II as far as the basics, with the improved processor. And here's a comparison of sizes and specs you can check out:

The lack of wireless charging on the 5 seemed odd to me. There's A LOT of discussion on that on this site as well as numerous others, To me, I use wireless charging as a convenience more than anything. A lot of folks point out (fairly) that wireless charging causes heat and heat damages batteries, and Sony is all about battery care, so they left it out. Then again, they didn't neglect to put in in the 1 series, so it's not just that. Specs are pretty similar overall on the 5 and 1 iii. The 5 II has an 865 Qualcomm, but performance is still excellent. 120hz refresh rates on screens - once you see it and use it, you won't want to ever go back to using 60 hz. There's some pretty decent deals on the 5 ii right now. From what I can gather, the 1 iii will be about $200 bucks (maybe 3?) more than the 5 iii. You get the ToF sensor, twice the internal storage, wireless charging, bigger screen real estate, and the amazing 4K screen at 120hz. I happen to be in a job where my work reimburses for my phone, and although I prefer the size of the 5, I might just grab the 1 instead because what the hell, right?

Anyway, good luck. Watch out for trolls. There's plenty around these parts.

beep bop boop, 07 May 2021Russian test video?You'll know it's the right video when you see literally a Russian version of Chumlee from Pawn Stars.

DudeFixIt641, 07 May 2021Look it up.the least you can do is give a link

beep bop boop, 07 May 2021Russian test video?Look it up.

DudeFixIt641, 07 May 2021Also, go watch the Russian test video on Youtube that confi... moreRussian test video?

Anonymous, 07 May 2021Xperia 1 III is really worthy? Or should I buy xperia 5 ii?... moreIf you need the best then yes XPERIA 1 III is worth the expenditure. Going down to XPERIA 5 III you loose some major features while rest of the package remains same. Like going from 4K to FHD+ and Smaller display size. Corning Gorilla 6 on both sides for XPERIA 5 III but the XPERIA 1 III has Corning Gorilla Victus on front and Corning Gorilla 6 on the back. No depth sensor so if you need that for 3D mapping then yeah XPERIA 1 III is your go to phone. Weaker Speaker setup.

That is the difference. So if you want the best experience with no compromises XPERIA 1 III is the way to go. But if you are fine having some compromises but wanna save few bucks then yes XPERIA 5 III is good.

Xperia 1 III is really worthy? Or should I buy xperia 5 ii? I'm currently using a galaxy note 9.

I am not going to argue about the 144hz refresh rate, because it is possible that the panel used is 144hz but It is certainly limited to 120hz. Much the same as the mark ii had a 120hz panel limited to 60hz. As for the rest of the specs he states. 1700nit brightness, 6000mah battery and whatever megapixel count he mentions. Well, they are quite clearly nowhere near what has been presented

Anonymous, 07 May 2021The funniest part is that he is actually saying that the ph... morefanboy or not spreading misinformation is not good for the product...

DudeFixIt641, 07 May 2021By the way, you can get as many of your troll buddies on he... morelegit facts....sureeeeee

Fantomas, 06 May 2021Don't feed the troll, just stop replying please, this ... moreThe funniest part is that he is actually saying that the phone is better than it is (a lot better) and absolutely everyone else is saying it is not true. All other times I have seen this it is because one person is saying the phone is worse and the fanboys sticking up for it. Does that make him the fanboy in this case?

DudeFixIt641, 07 May 2021It was already stated (as phone companies have always done)... moreOkay so if it spec to spec as what SONY announced. Then please provide the link to that specific Video or to the link to the Website where the specs are listed.

As you can go back into second page and check the post where I told you to stop spreading the misinformation. I clearly provided the link for the Official SONY website where the specs for the phone were listed. So you can go there and read it. Here I am providing the links again.

SONY OFFICIAL WEBSITE:

SONY XPERIA ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO:

If you wanna make your point and believe it to be correct and legit info. Please do provide the link for the website or the video from where you got that info.

If you are unable to provide the link then please stop spreading the info for which you cannot back it up by providing a legit source. Just STOP.

beep bop boop, 06 May 2021you really need to stop talking to yourself, you will benef... moreBy the way, you can get as many of your troll buddies on here as you want. (Might even be your fake accounts, never know because all you do is lie) Doesn't change the fact that the phone will be releasing on the specs I posted here. You must have a lot of time on your hands though. Comin' on here just about everyday spillin' BS. Meanwhile I drop legit facts every time I show up lol. (Once every 3-7 days)

beep bop boop, 06 May 2021you really need to stop talking to yourself, you will benef... moreAlso, go watch the Russian test video on Youtube that confirms as well the exact same specs I listed.

beep bop boop, 06 May 2021you really need to stop talking to yourself, you will benef... moreIt was already stated (as phone companies have always done) on the announcement date (April 14th, 2021) the entire spec sheet. Everything I said is word for word from the same video. can't get much more official than that. Except of course when millions of people buy the exact same specs I listed.

beep bop boop, 04 May 2021"World’s first2 smartphone with 120Hz1 6.5” 4K HDR OLE... moreAlso take a look at this kid's comment history. Again don't fall for it. He's obviously pulling a charade by trying to act like a normal rational user, but in reality he's doing all this just to justify that he's not trolling. You get what I mean? It's quite pathetic, even hilarious, really.

Just watch as his next reply will be something about me being "hopelessly delusional" or that I am the "real troll" here or some other hypocritical accusation. Lol.

Anonymous, 03 May 2021I understood this post to be sarcastic, but then you includ... moreDon't fall for it, he's a sly little troll. He purposely mixed the bullshet with some valid reasons to make it seem like he isn't trolling.

On top of that he engages in hypocrisy and spews out rhetorical garbage that is typical of trolls.

What a sly little troll.

Albert, 01 May 2021Nice phone and Sony phones is always bestWhat does that have anything to do with his comment?

You can make screen work at 4K@120.
It is not gonna render Full HD like S20+.