Sony Xperia 5 III

Sony Xperia 5 III

SSJK, 28 Nov 2021But does the phone they sell have Google play services ? ... moreYou can flash a stock firmware coming from your region or a region of your choice! Sony hasnt been strict about it and no need to even unlock bootloader!

tituskl, 30 Nov 2021What is Sony's reputation on software support? About h... moreIn terms of annual updates, they do release regular updates on flagships & semi-regular on midrangers depending on country or region since some get early updates as soon as its available while others may take abit longer.

tituskl, 30 Nov 2021What is Sony's reputation on software support? About h... moreProbably still 2 version OS upgrade 3 years Security or if they followed what others does 3 ersion upgrade 3 ears Security.

What is Sony's reputation on software support? About how many years of updates, how many major Android versions can one expect if buying this phone?

• Burninator1983

My 5 III arrived on Thursday. Imported from Hong Kong through mymobile.com.au for the best price I was able to find here in Australia.
Enjoying the phone so far and hope to get a good few years out of it like I did with the Nokia 8 I upgraded from.
The screen protector I got for it interferes with the proximity sensor which isn't a big deal for me. I probably didn't install it straight enough anyway...

Anonymous, 27 Nov 2021I just bought on bludiode.com. they ship internationallyBut does the phone they sell have Google play services ?

Also, It says the item location is china, That's kinda creepy, lol.
It may not get system updates like EU and US versions.

SSJK, 25 Nov 2021This phone isn't available in my country. Is there ... moreI just bought on bludiode.com. they ship internationally

Apparently Sony is the only brand that sells a good Snapdragon 888 phone... probably. Should we be congratulating them on not removing basic features?

AveAle, 27 Nov 2021Positive: + Stable and fast + Good battery life compared ... moreFor me it isnt large but rathed TALL & slim which slides thru my pocket with the top sticking out slightly.

Positive:
+ Stable and fast
+ Good battery life compared to pixel 5
+ Good Signal
+ Descent camera and post processing, although a bit outdated for the price
+ Good build quality everything is very tight

Negative:
- Too large, I would appreciate 5.5 size for midranger, I can't keep it in pants
- Slippery and frequently slides from hands or surfaces
- Proximity sensor is not good and often leads to ear clicks in cold conditions
- Price is too high, though I gladly paid it as there is no competition
- Default bumper is freakingly expensive

Anonymous, 25 Nov 2021I've just received mine today 5iii black What an e... moreI'm sorry you got disappointed, I value more the compactness instead of top rated specs, so I'd gladly buy if I'd be sure it works here

This phone isn't available in my country.

Is there a good site that sells this phone and ship internationally ?

Atanor, 25 Nov 2021Unfortunately, this phone won't be available in Italy,... moreI've just received mine today
5iii black

What an epic fail, not even 12gb ram
No NVME SSD
no 4k display
It's the compact off the 1iii, doesn't mean it should lose its features, even though I payed £780 in UK

Unfortunately, this phone won't be available in Italy, so I'm wondering: if I buy one in the UK would it work in Italy considering network frequencies and such?

• Andrew

Wanted to buy this, but phone for 900 euros doesn't have Camera Night mode even as an separate option and low light photography is disappointing

Unlike the global version, the Xperia 5 III smartphone in (C.h.i.n.a)....

will be running ((((Meizu’s Flyme OS)))
out-of-the-box, based on the Android operating system.
it aims to offer a localized experience and will come with support for Alipay and WeChat mobile payments.

• AFS

Jimbob, 21 Nov 2021Why is this the only high end phone under 68mm ?! Because there is only a small market for them. At least as far as I know that's why Samsung stopped offering the small "e" variants.

• Jimbob

Why is this the only high end phone under 68mm ?!

K Chilingirov , 16 Nov 2021I was hesitating to buy this phone as I was a fan of previo... moreHi, Are you having trouble connecting to wifi networks like me?

• Janssen

Anonymous, 18 Nov 2021The best thing about this device is LED notification light.... moreAsus ROG Phone 5 has it.