Sony Xperia M5

Sony Xperia M5

Dk, 24 Mar 2016Hey guys! Ive found a solution for random/auto shutdown problem ... moreThanks my phone has not shutdown in 5 days, Changing the signal worked. No problems since then

• 540vania

Dk, 24 Mar 2016Hey guys! Ive found a solution for random/auto shutdown problem ... moreHi,tried exactly what you have suggested, phone has been working like a dream for about 5 days straight now. Have tried to cause a shutdown manually but it is working great. I hope that it stays like this!

• Ron

Sony M5 Dual has below 2 issues :
1: Automatically shuts down and will not start until connected to a charger... it is getting me crazy... If anyone has a solution for this then please post...
2: If you lock the screen, the WI-FI stops working then unlock the screen and it starts working. that means you will not get any whatsapp msgs, emails when the phone is locked.
It is a cheap phone at a price range of Rs. 30,000

• mostafa

the last android version for my mob is 5.1
is there any update given

• Shan

I use My Sony M5 in 6 month and It has no any problem yet. I like Sony Very Much.

avi, 30 Mar 2016Please suggest me should i buy sony xperia m5 ??yesss

5.1.1 my version any new update is given or not

• dk

Im sure i am on latest which i updated a week ago.

You from sony?

• avi

Vishal, 24 Mar 2016Friends I have plabs to buy this but many have quoted the proble... morePlease suggest me should i buy sony xperia m5 ??

• maps

Anonymous, 28 Mar 2016all those who are still complaining are those who havent updated... moreI agree, I ma using one and it's awesome

• AnonD-520428

I updated my phone 2 times and each time after updating the first starting up takes really long (for several hours). I tried to repair it using the Sony Companion software and again after repair because everything is getting new and I think it's a similar process to update the first start up is taking REALLY long (it's been more than 24 hours so far!!). Anyone had and experience like this? Is this normal??

• tanya

I update my phone at 15 th march but the problem of auto shut down i give it to sony gallery
Now any new update is given or not

• tanya

Anonymous, 28 Mar 2016all those who are still complaining are those who havent updated... moreWhen did u update your phone?

• alex

coyackz , 21 Mar 2016Why m5 always heating when I use data connection? Please answe... moreIn low signal area the phone need extra power to gather all the signal that cause the extra heat. Try to move to another area which has better signal or change your telco which suit your area.

• Sunny

I want to buy this phone please suggests me

• Regretfulbuyer

Bought new sony xperia m5 in mumbai on 15th of march .
Started facing auto shutdown issue same day, after going back and forth with the service centre they agreed to sort it.
On 19th Isubmitted the phone at sony service centre where thestaff doesnt have any knowledge of the phone, the technician returned the phone on monday after "updating" the phone.i told the fellow that i had updated it myself, so what had he done but he did not respond and coolly left. Phone again started auto shutdown and charging time taking upwards of 4 hrs!!
After shouting at the service centre and demanding a replacement they took me seriously and kept phone for two more days, and returned same phone regardless of company policy of replacing handset if phone has physical defects within 7 days of buying, stating battery has been changed. Now phone doesn't auto shutdown but it heats up a lot using minor apps.
Now I'm stuck with this handset and with the wisdom of never buying sony products in the future because of their cheap quality products and bad after sales service.
These multinational giants are taking the consumer too lightly. Do not play with the consumers time and money.
As for you, my wise friends, you have been warned. Avoid this phone like the plague.

• tanya

Auto shut down problem is remove or not

[deleted post]Z and went out of fashion , is not known letter follows x, y , m

Anonymous, 28 Mar 2016i am a m5 owner.i suffred from auto shut down.but the problem ha... moreall those who are still complaining are those who havent updated m5.auto shut down was a software issue and is resolved now and camera focusses faster than my wife's s6.M5 was a bad choice before.but as AUTO SHUT DOWN ISSUE IS 100%FIXED...M5 IS A TOPNOTCH PHONE now!

Vishal, 24 Mar 2016Friends I have plabs to buy this but many have quoted the proble... morei am a m5 owner.i suffred from auto shut down.but the problem has been fixed with the latest update.i repeat-m5 is really the best phone now after the update.anyone who wants to buy m5 ,must buy it because camera is top class n after update-there is no auto shut down.period.