Sony Xperia M5

Sony Xperia M5

• glam123

i had this phone last december, after couple weeks started shut down,so i have to bring power bank all the time so if it shuts off i can turn it back on coz it needs to be charging to power on. sony settled for repair. i dint want coz i bought it brand new and why would they wanna repair it 2wks after buying.so i got my money lost 20% of value coz i dint want it fixed. never using sony again.

Anonymous, 19 Jan 2016Not buy Sony phone? Lol. I already bought Z3 and love it very mu... moreSony m5 os very good phone

• NicoGal

So, I was having the same turn off problem. It suddenly turned off and had to connect to turn back on. I went into developer options under settings and took away every system screen transitioning effect. Now it runs faster, overheats less and never turns off. Apparently the cpu can't handle all the transitioning effects of the xperia lollipop interface.

GPL, 13 Feb 2016Same spontaneous shut down problems as reported by others but NO... moreBuy laggy crap Samsung phone:)LOL...
Sony Z series are amazing dude...

• Jaybee

GPL, 13 Feb 2016Same spontaneous shut down problems as reported by others but NO... moreAll the M5 problems where solved with the second batch.If you are in South Africa you can now go buy M5 without any panic. The fone is now working well, I just bought mine 3 days ago.

• Sony_Fan

Ravinder singh sembh, 14 Feb 2016its auto shut down and over heating back cover battery backup... moreSoftware update or SW repair

• Ravinder singh sembh

its auto shut down and over heating back cover
battery backup maximum 4-5 hours
i bought m5 last 25 jan but i did not use full day every time faced problems ,
now auto flash my phone no charging no display working
so its not drain battery, its drain your money

• GPL

Same spontaneous shut down problems as reported by others but NOT on lte - only on gsm. Phone will only 're-start when plugged in.

So-called service centre here in Tripoli Libya hasn't a clue and will not replace.

Don't buy ANY Sony phone - EVER!

Hey guys i was going to buy a M5 but most people say its not good it over heats, shutdowns automatically and stuff like that, so i thought of buying a Z3 or Z3+ can some one help me with this, Thank You

• Rj_Beta

antony, 09 Feb 2016i would like to know main problems of m5 model...... will u plea... moreAutoshutdown issues when ur 4g signal is gone..& it won't turn on unless u connect it with your charger...it won't shutdown though if you're using GSM only mobile network.. But you'll have the slowest Internet in the world.

• waterprooflover

my m5 was already after one week starting malfunctioning, after one month it was unuasable anymore. sent it in to sony servicecenter in Bang Na Bangkok and got it replaced 2 weeks ago, now seems to work still OK. sony was helpful, the phone is very good, my wife likes the cameras

M sitting here in front of the computer checking out what I believe will be a solution to my long time mobile phone problem.I need the best affordable handset and seeing this with its specs I thought this is it.Now all I see here is complaints splashed across the world.If I were to afford the Z range I would.The negative feed back is a turn off.I wonder how Mtn is handling this issue?

• Meg

Is this phone suppose to charge 5 hours?I am also experiencing the same problem with shutdowns,its terrible?did system upgrades,did resets,just about tried everything,still same problem,taking this phone in today,just have it over a month now

• Aakash

antony, 09 Feb 2016i would like to know main problems of m5 model...... will u plea... moreHi...Please don't buy M5.I bought my phone 1 month back in malaysia. After I upgrade my OS, it suddenly freeze and shutdown frequently. Also battery drains tooooooo fast .... Please don't buy this.

• Jaybee

Sony xperia South Africa confermed to me today that by the end of the week we will receive the new stock with the problem solved.

Definitely, M5 is the perfect smartphone for this price + M5 100% will get upgrade for android 6 Marshmallow, 100%

• pam

i also got a same problem just download 5.1 version but it still have a problemof shutdown

Bought this phone in November 2015, used it for a month then I experienced overheating, which then led for the screen to freeze several times a day. Losing the LTE signal causes the phone to automatically shut down and wont open until it is connected to a charger. SD card usuall ends up with corrupted data too... had it sent to the service center 2months after purchase, they replaced it with a new unit today (almost after a month). Hope everything runs smoothly now.

Autoshutdown can be fixed by NOT using the LTE. Change your sim cards network connection to GSM ONLY. It wont shutdown, you wont be able to use your fast data connection also.

• rohiexa

hello, i'm from malaysia..i got problem with my sony m5 after i update software to latest one.. since that, the LTE icon disappear (i realise that). Also my M5 many times shut down itself. Also, it's same goes to wifi connection, where i always got problem to connect with.. i feel like to change to Z5.. so sad.. i bought this m5 August last year