Sony Xperia M5

Sony Xperia M5

ras, 09 Feb 2016Should i go for it ? yes or no !!!No... Go for Z series...

Both the primary and secondary camera's are very good. The only problem I experience with it is that its battery tends to be drained really quickly especially under 10%

• ras

Should i go for it ?
yes or no !!!

• antony

i would like to know main problems of m5 model...... will u please give your opinion

• antony

So essentially there are two problems with this phone. One is battery related (overheats & drains fast) and the other is network related. Whenever the phone loses the LTE network signal, even momentarily, it shuts down. They told me at MTN to bring it back, apparently they are waiting for a new batch of phones to be delivered, don't know how long that will take.

Have an M5 about 1 month old. Great phone except for the problem which started suddenly a few days ago. Phone works when plugged in and charging but dies soon after disconnecting (even though it reports 100%). Phone has just taken Android 5.1 update. Booted in safe mode. Same problem. Next thing to try is hard reset but then I have to reinstall apps. Symptom seems to me to be a failed battery. Dissappointed :-(

• Dk

I finalize these comments.

Auto shutdown still exist

With Sony's latest update.

Im in Australia and the software version
is 30.1.A.1.46

And sony, never anounced autoshutdown problem officialy.

Which is so deceptive for Customers.

Even if u send it to service center,
They cant fix it

Its been Already proved by Taiwan customers.

Whatever service center saying now is just total bullshit.

This is not a battery problem, and its related with cpu chipset and sony's shitty softwares.

And the most surprising is sony had not tested properly and keeps you buying this.

Just dont buy this phone, please dont feed the cow.

• Dk

Ahon, 30 Jan 2016If you suffering the auto shutdown then just change your network... moreThat doesnt fix it at all

• Charles

I have bought this photo Sony M5 Model 5633 , I was afraid after seeing the bad reviews earlier but is realized it was not about this model or batch ( 5633) The camera and speed is good but battery is weak. If you reduce the brightness you can have more time without charging.I am been advising not to charge the phone overnight which will reduce the battery life including other phone models too.
From Dubai

• Royalnomah

Stufe, 07 Feb 2016The new systemupdate didn't batch the issues. It kinda made a li... moreMine also does that but i took it back to the store and they said they would fix it. i thought that maybe i did something to it. it is comforting to know that i am not alone

• Stufe

Anonymous, 06 Feb 2016heard that new batch solved the shutdown problem. is it true and... moreThe new systemupdate didn't batch the issues. It kinda made a little difference with the camera shutdown issue. The camera doesn't shutdown that often anymore, but it couldn't batch the battery shutdown problem and I'm getting really pissed, because my M5 shuts down about 7 times per day. I think it just got worse after the system update.

If someone has solved the problem, please tell me. @swagsanterixd@gmail.com (my Gmail name is kinda cringy, I know :D)

• CHANDAN

i want to buy this phone
please suggest me about the disadventage or the problem of the phone

heard that new batch solved the shutdown problem. is it true and does anybody know how to understand what batch is the phone before you buy it?

• Zamo

What about battery

AnonD-458643, 05 Feb 2016I want to buy a phone... There are three option on my mind onepl... moreBuy OnePlus X... It is better...

• The ghost

many, 22 Jan 2016Great Keith,,,have just followed your instructions and really it... moreHello keith..i has follow your instruction..and yes it vibrate but not open as well..what should i do??

want to buy this set....please suggest is it good one or not?

I want to buy a phone... There are three option on my mind oneplus x , xiomi redmi 3 or Sony M5. plz replay to me dood.........

• SuzieHany

Been using it for nearly a month...so far so good with no lagging...no shutdown problems...
It's just that the camera shutter is a bit at low speed and I have to use the Fastburst Camera to quicksnap a photo..and the battery drains quite fast as I am heavy internet user...:) ..Lucky I always bring the power bank with me all the times...