Sony Xperia Pro-I

Sony Xperia Pro-I

you want best camera in smartphones? go mi 11 ultra for HALF this sony price, best camera phones by gsmarena and No 2 in dxomark. the rest $800 think again what do you can buy? PS5? PC? real DSRL camera? gaming laptops?

Wow this is a legit flagship from Sony right here

This is just a 1iii with a bigger main sensor, worse telephoto and different casing. For much more money this phone makes no sense

Anonymous, 29 Oct 2021It's Hybrid Slot.A hybrid sim can take either a SIM or an SD, but the phone is a dual hybrid SIM. It's got one for a SIM and the other for an SD, just like the Xperia 1 Dual SIM

• Zenevo

Only rich kids use nowadays Sony phones for their online classes.

qasar80, 29 Oct 2021Is it just me or Sony is becoming the most expensive brand?... moreIf your referring to this model then this is a special case phone targeted mainly for content creators or professionals in video/photo market.
On the otherhand their Xperia 1 III is same/closely priced with Samsung flagship but offers much more like 3.5m jack, expandable storage, notification led, etc.

Is it just me or Sony is becoming the most expensive brand? Quality is above any doubt but the prices have just gone crazy. My Xperia XZ2 is still performing without a glitch and I'd like an upgrade from Sony of course but these prices are forbidding and now we have a crisis in raw material looming to add to it.

Anonymous, 28 Oct 2021Still usb 2.0 for phone over 1000 euros? LOL. Chargin... moreWhat are you talking about man are you from this era ? USB type C ,,, Mongol

BR Noob, 29 Oct 2021But they are not that hyped and popular like this. Most of ... moreWell to be fair, the current state of profit for Sony Phone division is in big part due to the popularity of recent devices... I would say from the Xperia 1 II, 5 II and so on...

So I wouldn't disregard them even though they aren't widely available.

I went WAY out of my way to get one lol... but I see your point. I was actually considering the ROG phone line before upgrading to the X5II, in part for this very reason.

DQ, 28 Oct 2021What do you mean "finally" Sony has been outing t... moreBut they are not that hyped and popular like this. Most of them didn't able to make a hype like this. So I excluded them also excluded some gaming phones. Sorry I didn't mention that in my comment.

• shino03

WhenNokia3310, 28 Oct 2021Back on the topic of the recently announced Pro-I... On ... moreI like your honest perspective about the Pro-I especially the waving d*ck comparison seriously.

SuuperBaka, 28 Oct 2021What an excellent comment, I respect the time and effort yo... moreIt's Hybrid Slot.

BR Noob, 27 Oct 2021Finally, finally a phone with chins with no cutouts. Missed... moreWhat do you mean "finally" Sony has been outing these unobstructed devices for years now...
Xperia 1, 5, 10, 1II, 5II, 10II, 1III, 5III, 10III, Pro
Without mentioning previous devices that had tob and bottom bezels but no interruptions.

Anonymous, 28 Oct 2021Still usb 2.0 for phone over 1000 euros? LOL. Chargin... moreIt says "USB Type-C 3.2"

CptPower, 28 Oct 2021Man definitely is not. Sony is quality yes but at what pr... moreStill usb 2.0 for phone over 1000 euros?
LOL.

Charging the same for much cheaper hardware.
Even iphones cost more to be made than xiaomi flagships.

WhenNokia3310, 28 Oct 2021Back on the topic of the recently announced Pro-I... On ... moreWhat an excellent comment, I respect the time and effort you put on into that. I just wanted to clarify something.

"Before I travel, I could transfer a ton of data onto an Micro SD in the phone, take that out and leave at home and pop in my sim for when abroad.

You don't need to pop out your SD card for the SIM, it has a slot for both of them together. You can have the SIM and SD card in the same area, I own an Xperia and that's how it is. The best part is that you don't need a tool to open it either.

joe nodden, 28 Oct 2021False. Not being able to type the topic does mean you don&#... moreWow, you sure "know" what you're talking about. Empty can sure make the loudest sounds.

JdRDMS, 27 Oct 2021“How many times am I going to have to say this?” How ironic... moreFalse. Not being able to type the topic does mean you don't understand the topic. I can't believe I have to argue with you on this.

And I said the 13 Pro Max cameras are overrated. They are. I mean you literally just said "It’s able to compete at with the best, especially in video" because the only area where they can compete with the best is in video. Though even in that department your options are limited. You can't shoot in 8K.

• Alpha

OFX, 28 Oct 2021Sony needs to drop Xperia brand already. They messed up the... moreRelax, nobody asked you to buy it...

• Stephane M Swiss

I have the Sony Xperia 1 III and it is close but ..
The most important for me is the tel / internet, screen (large) and audio part.
There it does not change and for 95% of people the photo of 5 III and 1 III are sufficient.
If I take it there will always be a lag, wanting the 1 IV when, maybe the Pro-I 2 would follow (?).
On the other hand, I will take the Sony WF1000XM4 or Panasonic EAH-AZ70W headphones (No more headphones delivered)
On the Japanese site we can read this:
The speaker structure of the Xperia PRO-I and Xperia 1 III is different.
==
In Japan the Sharp Aquos R6 is somewhat of the same ilk.