Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

• Greg

AnonD-444807, 26 Sep 20151000 USD for a Sony Phone? Yes the phone is brilliant, but doe... moreBro how u mean 1000 bucks ? Its about 600 euros on release price... Its about 700-750 $. But, still... we will see.

• bakerout

Z4 compact Z5 compact ? what's going on with the availability in the US
Sony advertises specs and hints at cost but it seems like the 'fountain of youth' - we've heard rumors but the search continues!

• Come on

What a shitty upgrade, not even worth spending money on. Why does no one make good smartphones anymore that last 3 days between charges like in 2012. Is technology getting worse with time? Or does everybody only want quantity over quality?

I had an Xperia phone long ago but the phone was getting scratches really easily even though it was advertised as "scratch resistive". I wonder if the screen resistivity improved now, how strong is it? That's the only concern that prevents me from buying Sony Xperia phones. I really hate using screen protectors. Otherwise this phone seems pretty good.

• AnonF-429807

AnonD-444807, 26 Sep 20151000 USD for a Sony Phone? Yes the phone is brilliant, but doe... moreWell, there's the M5 :)

1000 USD for a Sony Phone?
Yes the phone is brilliant, but does it worth that money?
I'll buy only for RM 1800

AnonF-429807, 26 Sep 2015Actually, I prefer Z5 being out of the top daily rating for now ... moreI doubt they dont care the endurance.

• AnonF-429807

AnonD-111968, 25 Sep 2015 I never criticized the device itself but the long waiting time ... moreActually, I prefer Z5 being out of the top daily rating for now just until Sony releases them (and good reviews start coming out). Why? just go to iPhone 6s comment page and see how many 'interesting comments' and replies appear every 30 mins or so. You'll know the rest.

AnonD-111968, 25 Sep 2015 I never criticized the device itself but the long waiting time ... moreLet me tell you the Samsung's tricky, they always sale their products earlier than their competitors with grimmick. and trolling at forums to let someone disheartened from Sony. You should be not believe me, but this is what I know/see.

I always refer the official site, if you're interested to Z5 series please contact them and giving your suggestion your view your feedback to help them change their strategy.

• AnonD-111968

Anonymous, 24 Sep 2015Dogmatist, don't simply judge everything please. The Iphone NEV... more I never criticized the device itself but the long waiting time before releasing their product is very BAD. Excitement is gone, as a proof, Z5 Premium used to be on top of the daily rating here, but now is out. I'm almost tempted to buy the Note5 but Samsung wasted it's multitasking capability due to a limited storage. But Z5 Compact is not around, I just keep waiting, waiting and waiting...

• luzzz

Wireless charge missing, why???

• AnonF-429807

Just read a review from the guardian and they said the Z5C managed 3 days battery!

• AnonF-429807

AnonD-111968, 23 Sep 2015None of the Z5 series made it to the top 10 daily rating. All ex... morePopular or not, Sony is still my favorite brand. I recently bought an Xperia C4 and I'm pretty satisfied with it. If I even have a chance to choose a phone to bring home, it's definitely the Z5. Nothing else can melt my decision when choosing a favorite flagship, Sony's phones are just magnificent. Leave the marketing to them and just let people like me to enjoy it in peace.

AnonD-111968, 23 Sep 2015I was always counting the days when Sony is going to release the... moreDogmatist, don't simply judge everything please.
The Iphone NEVER increase their endurance, but why? I have compare a lot of smartphones, the endurance Iphone is weaker than Sony, so who is let behind?
The Samsung note5/S6 released earlier for replace their previous version, this is usually they do so, I already know their trick since I purchase the first Samsung smartphone and the last Samsung smartphone.

• AnonD-111968

I was always counting the days when Sony is going to release the Z5 series here in Singapore, and in Sony shops they will ask you to buy Z3+ or M5 since Z5 series won't be available soon, so disappointing. Sony should have not released the overheating Z3+ and could have released the Z5 series much earlier and their mobile business will remain strong financially, now they are left behind the shadows of Iphone6s and Note5/S6 as they are being released earlier. Poor Sony marketing. And yet this comment could never reach Sony's CEO, so sad. I worked on a MNC and we always make sure we have have a good time-to-market otherwise competitors will release early their products.

• AnonD-111968

None of the Z5 series made it to the top 10 daily rating. All excitement is gone. This is due to the poor marketing strategy by Sony. They announced the phone on the 1st week of this month and people are tired of waiting, now came Iphone 6s, Sony's fault is very obvious, their time-to-market is very long. While Apple or Samsung make sure that people won't lose interest by releasing the phone much earlier after announcement.

• Cheese

AnonD-430761, 22 Sep 2015They have made a big deal I know they will surely failing to imp... moreThe 4.8inch screen to big not comfortable for one hand operate. If you like more Ram and 1080 display then you must choose Z5, the Z5 Compact will keep for one hand operate. Endurance for 3 days is possible, if you using the Ultra Stamina mix and match the Stamina mode, but Iphone Samsung just can 't make it.

• getreal

AnonD-430761, 22 Sep 2015They have made a big deal I know they will surely failing to imp... moreAnd when you woke up, what happened?

• Eagle6175

AnonD-430761, 22 Sep 2015They have made a big deal I know they will surely failing to imp... moreyou forgot something :

wifi charging, would also be a nice upgrade

They have made a big deal I know they will surely failing to impress that's for sure coz iphone is here
I'm not an iPhone user or even a fan.
Waiting for z6 or z7 compact with....
4.8" 1080p coz they have really good ratio
3GB of ram and efficiently optimized
Better camera software
Better UI
Build quality needs to be improved a lot
3000MAP battery still excellent
Better positions of side buttons
Snap dragon 825 or 830
IP 89 certification
As smooth as iphone
Better viewing angles
Better speakers both for calls and listening music
Gorilla glass 4 or 5 whatever