Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

DenisXD, 01 Oct 2015it's all plastic so worries :)Z3C was also all plastic :)

• muya

Compact?
being a flagship and labelled as Compact.

I expect to see at least 75% screen to body ratio.
Z5 already got 70% screen to body ratio.
but Z5 compact only 68%?

think about it.
with this, it doesnt look flagship design.
looks cheap.

DenisXD, 01 Oct 2015it's all plastic so worries :)Cheers been out of loop with Sony products after selling Z3C about 8-9 months ago.

This has the lot I cannot understand why not selling like hot cakes. My z3c DID 4K for longer than 5minutes and got mildly warm,its water/dust resistant and has shutter button top of range cpu/gpu ,superb battery in fact best smartphone battery life ever had,200GB card capacity.

I was going for Nexus but this blows it out of water.

Cakefish, 01 Oct 2015I have. Delivery tomorrow :)Thanks for reply, will have to go thru Sony store there are no options left if I want white version and in it delivered in next 6 days.

• KirK

Sony should really work on the design...same rectangular shape with big bezel...even if the specs are the best, it looks like any cheap chinese phone...and when people spend a lot of money on a phone they want it to look nice and different.

AnonD-8044, 01 Oct 2015Does it have the nylon corners like Z3C does to protect it ... moreit's all plastic so worries :)

DenisXD, 30 Sep 2015Great news to those who were expecting 810 on z5 compact to... moreFantastic! Thanks for the info mate. Can't wait for mine to arrive :)

AnonD-8044, 01 Oct 2015Anyone ordered it direct though Sony store? Just wondering ... moreI have. Delivery tomorrow :)

• grrr

hey gsmarena! we need to know the battery endurance of this phone please! get it?. thank you so much.

Anyone ordered it direct though Sony store? Just wondering if it goes faulty is it easy to send back.Maybe I will wait till white version gets launched via Carphone or Amazon but white version not available til Oct 22nd and need before then.

My Sony Z3C did 4K video recording till ran out of memory 19 or 29 mins cannot remember now and got mildly hot.. How come all other flagships at the time were restricted to 5 mins? in fact my galaxy S5 did 3minute 25 seconds before ceasing 4k recording due to overheat of cpu.?

Anyhow disappointed by new Nexus 5x and BB Priv is to big so going for Z5 compact,,the thing is not many folk are buying it so comments section goes bit dead. What I do is go to other Sony forums for enthusiasm and advice.

I can get one now here in UK but only available in black,I want white version .All this spec and phone sized phone "which I always champion" is just £429 sim free which is good value.

Hope they have improved audio quality and boosted volume in Z5c.

Does it have the nylon corners like Z3C does to protect it when dropped? Thanks.

Not long now till this absolute phone sized supetphone is available.

Great news to those who were expecting 810 on z5 compact to be underclocked, it's not.
Z5 compact scored more than 65000 in antutu benchmarks and it didn't get hot. It got warm yeah, but not hot. Snapdragon 810 is just what it suppose to be in Z5 series.
Powerfull, not hot and not underclocked to overcome heat issues. It seems that dual heat pipes did the trick, and Z5 is only beaten by galaxy S6 in benchmarks by 10% difference only. Z5 compact scored more than 65000 in antutu benchmarks with snapdragon 810!

• Donna

AnonD-444106, 30 Sep 2015I have a 5.3 inch phone. Is this 4.6 enough for gaming and ... moreim my opinion if your used to the bigger screen stay with it maybe the z5 rather than compact would be best for you

AnonD-444106, 30 Sep 2015I have a 5.3 inch phone. Is this 4.6 enough for gaming and ... moreSize isn't everything! Of course 4.6" is smaller than what you have however, if your unsatisfied then you should either use your laptop for browsing and buy a console for gaming! (My view) no hard feelings

I have a 5.3 inch phone. Is this 4.6 enough for gaming and web browcing?
Any idea?

hhggzz, 29 Sep 2015Will this phone work on Verizon in the US? I see it coming... moreWould also like to know this!