Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro

Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro

• Dani

BEN90, 06 Jun 2021I have a question. I'm currently on miui 12.2.5. My up... moreOf course you can update to 12.5 version when it arrive even if you don't update to 12.2.6

Anonymous, 02 Jun 2021Let's hope that's the case (that is, a few bad ba... moreI have a question. I'm currently on miui 12.2.5. My updater started showing 12.2.6 just two days after I updated to 12.2.5. I really don't wanna update to 12.2.6 because some reviews about it ain't good.
My question is, if I refuse to update to 12.2.6, will I still receive the 12.5 update?
That's the one I wanna update to

Anonymous, 02 Jun 2021Let's hope that's the case (that is, a few bad ba... moreI doubt if it's a design flaw. I and many users still haven't experienced this. Maybe, only the first batch that got produced had that issue (That's May 2020 batch).

Armada, 02 Jun 2021Terrible brand from xiaomi. Many user have already encounte... moreYou've got such an ill luck. I'm using poco F2 pro, and I've not even encountered any single problem that you listed. Playing games has been awesome (COD, GENSHIN IMPACT, ASPHALT 9) at full graphics. Fingerprint registers like a magnet, calls are so clear.

Anonymous, 31 May 2021Mine had the same loose connection problem that prevented c... moreDude..before just trashing and commenting just reserch a lil..bet theres a lot you didnt have explored with in setting like Additional Settings>Full Screen Display>Hide Full Screen Display toggle..

Dani, 03 Jun 2021One of the commenters in Reddit said that he has seen many ... moreThat's great news for you then. Hopefully you wont suffer the same fate as us (other owners of the Poco F2 Pro), who just before or after our first year of use with the $560 Poco F2 Pro, were just surprised one day when their Poco F2 Pro doesn't charge anymore.

As mentioned by others, don't worry though, it's a cheap and easy fix that won't require battery replacement; just needs reinforcement to tighten and strengthen the ill-designed battery terminal connections so you won't have charging problems. It's appalling though why such stupid design flaw or defect went undetected by Xiaomi and why no recalls were done on affectes units.

• Dani

One of the commenters in Reddit said that he has seen many Poco f2 pros but only have seen one with this issue (battery charging) me and my friend have this phone and we haven't encountered this problem. By the the way I have dropped this phone many times and still nothing happened to the battery.

• Armada

Anonymous, 02 Jun 2021Let's hope that's the case (that is, a few bad ba... moreMost of them have this problem.. Just wait

• Armada

Terrible brand from xiaomi. Many user have already encountered battery failure. Just waiting for the time to come.

Alot of people selling their phone at fb pocof2group.

Playing games is worse of all.. It doesn't register your touches.. Damm.. Feel like throwing it away.especially pressing the edge.

fingerprint sometimes cannot log in, keep tattering like machine gun.

Caller from the other side cannot hear.
But all around the phone keep need updating..

SO MANY FLAWS!!

And I have 2 phone different batch.. Having these problem.

Haven't use such problematic phone before.. They really tarnish their image.

Dani, 02 Jun 2021Thank you for this informations. But to be honest I don... moreLet's hope that's the case (that is, a few bad batches). I wouldn't pin my hopes on it though because it's possible it may be a design flaw associated with cramped space due to a huge battery and a pop up selfie camera design in the Poco F2 Pro.

• Dani

Anonymous, 02 Jun 2021I assume it's a design fault, a 'congenital defec... moreThank you for this informations. But to be honest I don't think all Poco f2 pro have this issue I highly assume that this issue effect some devices not all of them I think it was just a bad patch.

Danie , 01 Jun 2021I have been using this phone fore almost 8 months and I hav... moreI assume it's a design fault, a 'congenital defect' if we're to compare the phone to a human. It's bound to manifest itself sooner than later. And sooner than later, it's bound to need 'surgery' (repair) to correct the defect. Don't worry though, it's an easy fix that doesn't cost much. It's just that your phone will never look the same again, and it's going to cost around $25 when your phone is out of warranty (unless if you are tech savvy enough to do it).

If you have dropped your Poco F2 Pro a few times (even light/mild drops that don't seem to affect it), or if you regularly carry your phone on your front or back jeans pocket or anywhere there's some significant compression, the battery terminals may have already started loosen and will be exhibiting charging problems soon - usually just before or just after the first year of the phone's use.

• Danie

I have been using this phone fore almost 8 months and I haven't encountered this charging issue but right now I'm really worried that this issue might effect my phone. So is this charging issue happened to all of Poco f2 pro users or just a small number of them?

DanishBeacon, 30 May 2021I had the same issue just a week ago. The phone just sudden... moreMine had the same loose connection problem that prevented charging but as I've said it's now fixed. I'm not happy with Xiaomi's deteriorating quality control. And it's not only hardware but software issues as well. Android 11 on the Poco F2 Pro just ruined the all screen beauty of the Poco for me. I bought it because it's really a gorgeous edge to edge display with no selfie camera hole and you can hide both the status bar at the top and the navigation bar at the bottom in Android 10. It looked really beautiful and futuristic. After the Android 11 update, everything is ruined. You can no longer hide both the status bar at the top, and the navigation bar at the bottom. There's always a huge, ugly center bar at the bottom, and the status bar at the top can no longer be hidden using ADB commands and worse, gesture navigation is dysfunctional with third-party launchers. None of these issues are present in Samsung's Android 11 implementation. That is, Samsung still accepts ADB commands to hide both the status and navigation bar in Android 11 and gestures work with third party launchers and no chopped off bottom screen or ugly bottom center bar. So for me, no, I'm not buying another Xiaomi phone. Not until Xiaomi corrects the horrendous Android 11 update or at least allows users to rollback to Android 10, which again, Xiaomi doesn't allow even with an already unlocked bootloader. Besides, the lack of encryption in microsd cards in Xiaomi phones which allow them, plus restrictions in rollback despite unlocked bootloader only confirms that Xiaomi may have lingering security issues. Can never fully trust the brand despite being a long time fan and user of Xiaomi devices.

DanishBeacon, 30 May 2021Data cable from motherboard to secondary bord get loose. Ju... moreYes, mine had this charging problem and it had be opened to get fixed. Still, for a one year old phone at this price level, this quality issue is unacceptable. Now my phone looks ugly with all the glue marks at the back after the repair. It can be hidden with the casing though, but Android 11 on the Poco F2 Pro is just buggy and ugly. The bottom portion of the screen gets chopped off and you can't get rid of that thick, boldface and long stupid white/black/gray bar at the center bottom of the screen in full screen mode. And gesture navigation sucks. It doesn't work with thitd party launchers like Nova launcher. Horrible update. My Samsung devices (phone and tablet) don't have the same Android 11 display and gesture navigation issues with third-party launchers. With my Samsung phone and tablet, the bottom portion of apps don't get chopped off and you can banish that stupid bottom center bar forever. No issues at all with gesture navigation in third party launchers in Samsung's Android 11 implementation. Not like the horrendous mess that you can find in Xiaomi's Android 11 implementations across its phones, even flagship ones.

Andysum, 01 May 2021guys im still on 12.0.4, is it worth it to update to 12.2.6... moreIm on 12.2.6 and have no issues whatsoever.
I had BT issues before, annoying dropping out every time I played music on bt speakers, so this issue is fixed on 12.2.6
System is good. Battery is good. Everything is working well.
Im on global/stable rom.

Demtrey, 12 May 2021Hey guys . Recently I have seen some people complaining say... moreData cable from motherboard to secondary bord get loose. Just fixed this last week with 3-4 kayers of electric tape on top of the connectors on each side to keep them firmly attached. All is good again.
Don't know how many units got this problem. Mine was 8-9 months old when it happened.
Not happy that it did. This should not be happening on a almost new device.

Anonymous, 17 May 2021This phone has durability issues. I've had this phone ... moreIve just replied in the commen on this issue. It's easy to fix!

I had the same issue just a week ago. The phone just suddenly stopped charging. It charged if i twisted device but again stopped afterwards.
There ia an easy fix to this problem I found on YouTube.
Its simply the flat datacable that connects motherboard with the secondary board that gets loose.
3-4 layers of electic tape on top of the each connector has solved this problem for me.
I agree that this is a quality issue and I am disappointed as well but it's a easy fix and I'm still happy for my F2pro.