Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro

jgblanco88, 01 Dec 2021I'm experiencing the same thing on 12.5.6.0. I got the... moreI've been using mine for 8 months now and I get superb overnight sustenance at 2% 8 hour drainage. Sometimes it doesn't even drain overnight.
If this is happening even after a factory reset, I'm hoping your device isn't facing a hardware issue.

Rana, 30 Nov 2021Hv u changed the refresh rate? The higher one will consume ... moreI've been using 120Hz since I got this phone. Your advice doesn't help solve anything.
60Hz pales in comparison to 120Hz and keeping it at 60 does nothing but give you a worse experience. The display and scrolling look terrible at 60Hz.

No thanks.

Niivelli, 01 Dec 2021This is not true....120hz doesn't sup double the batte... moreTHANK YOU!
People who say 120Hz drains battery faster than 60Hz on Redmi note 10 pro are just wrong. I have tested this for myself. The margin is close to nothing. 60Hz and 120Hz have
literally the same battery consumption. At least on this phone.

jgblanco88, 01 Dec 2021I'm experiencing the same thing on 12.5.6.0. I got the... moreThere's a certain system process that causes heating and drainage. It's called dnsmasq.

That could be what drained your battery overnight. I have no idea why that system process decides to go rogue sometimes. It runs more than it should and kills battery like it was created just to do so.

The best solution for that issue is a restart. It's happened to me a couple times. Even worse, while I'm playing a heavy game. Lol 70% to 40% in 20 minutes.
The battery graph displays a scary red slope going straight down.

Long story short,
The android system process "Dnsmasq" is the cause of heavy drainage and overheating for no reason. Solution? restart your phone.

k.dot, 30 Nov 2021hello, anyone here updated to miui 12.5.6, did u encounter ... moreI'm experiencing the same thing on 12.5.6.0. I got the phone brand new, and of course it prompted me to update it to the most recent version available so I innocently did it.
I have done everything, restored factory settings, applied dark mode, put 60hz, watched rogue apps that could be interfering, yet battery life keeps being awful. 1 day with no intense usage, and the way it drops between 6-10% overnight is scary.

My old Redmi Note 8 still averages more battery life after 2 years of use than this brand new phone, and that phone also had less battery life after updating it to MIUI 12 but it wasn't this bad.
I'm thinking to unlock the bootloader and flash the first MIUI version the Note 10 Pro shipped in, 12.0.1.0 I think, to see if I can solve it.

Rana, 30 Nov 2021Hv u changed the refresh rate? The higher one will consume ... moreThis is not true....120hz doesn't sup double the battery...this is an outright lie....stop trolling
You don't have the phone do you??

Rana, 30 Nov 2021Hv u changed the refresh rate? The higher one will consume ... moreyes its only at 60 Hz. its in dark mode and i always keep settings at minimum (display, brightness, etc...) it used to last 2-3 days and now it only takes a day

• Rana

k.dot, 30 Nov 2021hello, anyone here updated to miui 12.5.6, did u encounter ... moreHv u changed the refresh rate? The higher one will consume double battery life. Keep it at 60

Bad entity, 28 Nov 2021 You cannot use any kind of Bluetooth headset in this phone... more"maybe" you're not even sure of yourself. You just waltzed in here to spread lies. I guess your name gives away what you are trying to do.

To everyone else, don't listen to this person. Bluetooth headsets work as they should. No issues, and connection is flawless.

Anonymous, 27 Nov 2021How about this one for gaming???Not a gaming phone, but it's no slouch either. It games pretty well. On light, compatible games, expect a 60-120fps solid smooth experience.

Games like Genshin impact or Fortnite, you know...those high end games are where this phone kinda fails to deliver properly. But every other game runs absolutely fine.

Again. Not a gaming phone.
But i've played hundreds of games on it. Can confirm, It's a 7/10 performance rating.

Raven, 29 Nov 2021I doubt that honestly. It was added with 12.5.2.0 iirc. The... moreI bought my phone on Miui 12.0.6 or thereabout. Global RKFMIXM. Dolby Atmos came included. I remember eagerly waiting for 12.5 to drop for me around April/May.

Dolby Atmos was here before 12.5

Anonymous, 29 Nov 2021dont buy this phone its the worst phone i ever own ugly des... moreLol
I'd like to see you recommend another budget phone for this price that tops this phone in any area except Miui.
I'm sure you probably like infinix.

You're talking absolute nonsense my good man.

hello, anyone here updated to miui 12.5.6, did u encounter issues especially with the battery? i accidentally updated my phone to that version, i dont have any issues except the battery. why did the battery life halved (from 52 hrs to just 26 hrs life)? its quite frustrating.

• nuhstaljuh

i accidentally updated my redmi note 10 pro to the miui 12.5.6 version, the battery dropped to half (from 52 hrs to 26 hrs life). so frustrating

• kar

Raven, 29 Nov 2021I doubt that honestly. It was added with 12.5.2.0 iirc. The... moreI think it depends on your region as usual, in India they have a lower resolution camera.
My phone came with Dolby Atmos out of the box and it's 12.0.6 version Global in Europe.

• Ivan

When is coming 12.5 enhanced edition redmi note 10 pro for global model?

dont buy this phone its the worst phone i ever own ugly design low ram trash screen and cpu

• Gaben

Raven, 29 Nov 2021I doubt that honestly. It was added with 12.5.2.0 iirc. The... moreIt could be 12.5.2.0 or 12.5.1.0 , but these versions were released in may 2021, not july.

Anonymous, 28 Nov 2021Worst phone ive ever owned, nothing works properly. do not buy.Your comment alone proves that you haven't owned this device bruh

Anonymous, 28 Nov 2021Worst phone ive ever owned, nothing works properly. do not buy.Lol dont call the phone bad just because your own phone is defective. Grow up. Mine still works wonderfully, no bugs, no problems. You are probably just bad at handling phones