Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MediaTek)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MediaTek)

• N
  • Nick
  • fJC
  • 14 Dec 2018

Using this fone for 1.5 years now... Miui 9 is a disaster...overheating battery draining all sorts of problems... Experimented with almost all the roms and found that only official miui 8.5.5.0 china stable is giving me cool temperature long battery life & almost 6 hours SOT... And batery is charging faster use only 1 amp charger to increase life of phone battery, stock charger overheats the battery n fone become hotter...best rom discovered.

• g
    • gringo
    • Eg6
    • 01 Dec 2018

MIUI 10 is already out ... but still 6.0 !!!

• a
      • arya
      • JHN
      • 28 Nov 2018

I bought this smartphone 2 years ago, it is still android 6! if I knew, I didn't buy it. Xiaomi should response for cheating its customers

• y
        • your uncle pim!
        • g8$
        • 22 Nov 2018

Anonymous, 21 Nov 2018As you say, the android is still 6.0 Marshmallow. For the m... moreIt's probably never going to be updated. It's a shitty Mediatek and Mediatek won't release CPU's source code

• SvK
          • 21 Nov 2018

anonymous, 21 Nov 2018what is the latest android version released for this device... moreAs you say, the android is still 6.0 Marshmallow. For the miui version I think it's 9.6.1.0, but it will be updated in like 4 months (maybe more idk, Xiaomi udpdates are really unpredictable).

• a
            • anonymous
            • rve
            • 21 Nov 2018

what is the latest android version released for this device? is it still on android 6?

what is miui global stable version code: MBFMIFD

would appreciate the help! thanks

• GXm
              • 07 Nov 2018

What will be the releasing date for miui 10 update for xiaomi note 4.
              please reply !!
              And also comment how i get miui 10 update after release!

A very smart and sleek phone. The best thing is the mediatek chipset which will power up the device for better battery life and smooth gaming performance.

I have recently reset my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 in view that it was overheating and the battery was draining within three hours. Before resetting I had a facility in the setting by which I used to switch off mobile at 21.00hrs and switch on again at 7.00 hrs. After reset this facility is no longer available in the settings menu.

My RN4 MTK was giving me over 4h of SOT with my usage for over the last 2 years. After recent duo update I was able to get to 2-2,5h of SOT and constant 37-40 degrees on battery and phone was very hot. So what I did was disable duo and other google aplications that I don't use. I'm using official global and no root is needed for that(you can google it how to do it). Now my SOT is over 5h!!! I thought that my phone was dying on my because of the issue with duo but it turns out its better than ever.

• K
                      • Kampf
                      • 7X2
                      • 23 Oct 2018

kim from Malaysia, 23 Oct 2018you need to backup your file and do factory reset. It will... moreI already made factory resets 3x now. The default rom is no longer miui 8 so I need to do a manual flash if I wanted to downgrade. I'll just wait for miui 10 and hopefully these issues get resolved.

• MonoPeace
                        • p%x
                        • 23 Oct 2018

There is no need to do a factory reset. The problem of phone heating up and draining battery is in fact the result of Google Duo bug - if you just uninstall latest Google Duo updates, your phone will be ok.

• MonoPeace
                          • p%x
                          • 23 Oct 2018

tokkenno, 23 Oct 2018About the latest comments that talk about bugs, my phone is... morePhone heating up and draining battery problem? Uninstall Google Duo updates and it will be fine. There is some kind of bug in the latest update.

• k
                            • kim from Malaysia
                            • ijq
                            • 23 Oct 2018

Kampf, 22 Oct 2018Phone battery is bad since the MIUI 9 update. Keeps gettin... moreyou need to backup your file and do factory reset.
                            It will start with old version MIUI 8.
                            Just dont update until version MIUI 10 Release.
                            Have a try

• P
                              • Pinoy
                              • t7q

• t
                                • tokkenno
                                • 3Pw
                                • 23 Oct 2018

About the latest comments that talk about bugs, my phone is working just as badly these last few days. I researched a little and found a huge amount of calls to the url of google adwords (37k in 8h). This, coupled with the use of 100% CPU, probably mining bitcoin, I think we have malware sneaking in with the update.

• K
                                  • Kampf
                                  • vxi
                                  • 22 Oct 2018

Phone battery is bad since the MIUI 9 update. Keeps getting worse, phone lags and heats up fairly quick.

• Martin
                                    • JiF
                                    • 22 Oct 2018

tangotango51, 25 Sep 2018My Redmi Note 4 started to act up two days ago, lagging and... moreSadly mine is also suffering from the exact same symptoms for about a week now

• uE5
                                      • 20 Oct 2018

My Redmi Note 4 started to act up two days ago, lagging and overheating even at idle mode with wifi off. Battery started to drain from 90% to 20% overnight. I have tried troubleshooting following all the advice I see on the internet, like rebooting, shutting down while charging, clearing cache, deleting unnecessary apps, deleting photos and videos that came through whatsapp. This phone is used for Facebook, Whatsapp, internet only. No gaming at all. But it still overheats in idle mode.

What to do??? Time to change battery?