Apple iPhone 4s

Apple iPhone 4s

South Koreans are very proud and always hope to buy national products first before outside products. Yet, ST Telekom and KT both registered crazy pre-orders of 200,000 units each of the iPhone 4S pre-order launch in South Korea, with their websites crashing at times, under the strain of demand.

Hong Kong sold out of iPhone 4S in just 10 minutes upon launching the pre-order session, also due to huge demand.

• 2011-11-08 13:36
  • i-what?

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-08 13:22 from 3YbX - click to readyou can argue this till you turn blue!! :-)

I love the above line very much lol

mate, you might be right, but then again I can pick loads of other things which are different in advanced handset,
I used iphone, and I don't like the way iOS limits you to iphone sofeware and products,

I also didn't like a small screen on iphone, I don't like it too big but something like GS2 is just perfect for me, and most phones are now moving towards that standard.

I like a mature, and reasonable arguments/discussions as we are doing now,

so have you changed many handsets so far? and why?

• 2011-11-08 13:35
  • 95Hj

> In reply to [deleted post]The SGS3 is nowhere to be seen, and follow your own advice. Read the reviews, also read the review of iPhone 4S here on GSMArena, as well as others. They seem to indicate to me that the iPhone is an excellent phone.

If SGS3 comes in June, that will be only three months before iPhone 5, which is going to be a total revamp. SGS3 may be different from SGS2, as they have promised not to copy iPhone patents anymore.

It is my opinion, that as usual, Samsung will go for 8.9GIGABILLION GHZ supercomputer bajillion, with Guandomaximosistabillion RAM, with GUBALUABAZUPA camera, but again, limited by Android, and non-optimized apps. This is the problem with being the most powerful phone, in a sea of fragmentation. Android is hampered because developers always take into account the lowest denominator, to maximise sales.

When choosing a phone, one has to always take into account what one wants to use it for. The phone that fulfills that the best, is the best phone for you.

A person who wants to save fuel, will be dumb to buy a supercar. A speed freak would not be satisfied with a small engine car. A person always in traffic jams, may appreciate an automatic.

Humans are different, and thus, will always choose differently. I believe that having a name like i-What, and constantly trying to 'free' people from this so called cage, it is you that is actually anti-Apple, and thus in a cage yourself.

If you were for free choice, you wouldn't care too much about what other people bought, instead of working hard to convince people here not to buy iPhone.

• 2011-11-08 13:30
  • 3YbX

> In reply to [deleted post]I would like to correct you, some of the things I have listed have NOT, and still are NOT done by other smartphones. iPhone stands alone with GarageBand, there is nothing similar on Android. This is due to some limitations within Android, no matter how powerful the smartphone.

Accessibility functions are available on other phones, but nowhere near the polish of iOS, and not integrated, by virtue of their open source approach (this is an example of the advantage of having an integrated approach).

Gaming is available on Android, but only a few titles and even Nintendo and PSP are severely being challenged by the iOS platform.

iPhone may not be the best (you can argue this till you turn blue), but it is certainly very very good, and excellent in many categories. My suggestion is, why don't you open your eyes instead, and free yourself from the iPhone-free cage you seem to have found yourself in.

I am out here, and I enjoy all phones, INCLUDING iPhone.

• 2011-11-08 13:22
  • 3YbX

> In reply to i-what? @ 2011-11-08 13:04 from 95Hj - click to readJust 30 mins? I OWN an SGS2 my friend. I have an iPhone 4, an SGS2 and a Blackberry 9700.

That is why I keep telling people to choose what they like, I am not trapped by any one brand.

However, my personal opinion is that I believe the iPhone is still a far more mature and better platform, and that the iPhone is a great product for its combination of tech and user experience.

SGS2 is great, and very powerful, but let down by having Android as an OS. It is good, but not quite as good as iOS, in my opinion.

• 2011-11-08 13:18
  • i-what?

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-08 12:13 from 3YbX - click to readjust pick up a GS2 from the shop and play with it for 30 min!!

you would never put it down, and I promise you that you NEVER go back to i-phone !!

just give it try, that is all I am asking

• 2011-11-08 13:04

Reason why iPhone 4S is better: iMovie

iPhone 4S dual core power combined with iMovie make simple movie editing a breeze.

Once the movie is done, it is very simple to just share your video to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, CNN iReport or simply email.

• 2011-11-08 12:13
  • 3YbX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-08 11:43 from 3YbX - click to readNokia N9 is faster on pretty much everything.

• 2011-11-08 12:07
  • svk%
  • holesineapple

• 2011-11-08 12:06
  • svk%

Reason why iPhone 4S is good: Accessibility

Apple's integrated approach means more uniformity across apps, and this means that accessibility features work systemwide across apps.

iPhone 4S is possibly one of the most disabled-friendly devices on the market, with those with eyesight impaired being able to operate it fully.

The 'Assistive Touch' feature allows the iPhone to be operated fully with just one hand. Two finger, three and up to five finger gestures can be done using just one hand using Assistive Touch.

• 2011-11-08 11:57

Reason why iPhone 4S is good: Music

iPhone 4S allows recording and jamming on the iPhone itself, with apps like Amplitube and Garageband. You are even able to connect your electric guitar and other MIDI instruments directly, with sound rivalling professional equipment.

• 2011-11-08 11:53
  • sajid

I am not happy with RAM and design, after so long time you give us same design as iphone4. You did not impress us this time..

• 2011-11-08 11:51
  • 25EE

Reason why iPhone 4S is better: Speed

iPhone is currently one of the fastest smartphones on the planet, needing only 800MHz to best 1.2GHz Exynos dual core and 1.5GHz Snapdragon dual core, which was even admitted on Android Police website.

No doubt, faster Androids will come, but the iPhone 4S is no slouch, and performs great due to optimization.

• 2011-11-08 11:43
  • i-what?

> In reply to Alex @ 2011-11-08 05:32 from 8V3y - click to readno only battery mate,

but how is the siri performing for you?

is it a massive jump from i4? No

is there many other devices out there which out perform 4s, ? Yes

I still hope you enjoy this phone.

• 2011-11-08 11:36

good morning all,

I am still awaiting for my answer please

My question was:

Why do you think you should buy iphone? in what way and why do you think iphone, specially 4s IS BETTER than its competition in the current market?

please be logical with your answer and don't try to protect this phone because you own it.

If you don't own this phone, you should certainly ask the above question, and you would be soon find out how behind the technology 4s is compare to the recent advancement in phone technology by heavy wieghts such as Nokia, Samsung, and Soney.

still waiting.....

• 2011-11-08 11:20
  • Daflee

Am about to get an iPhone 4s in a week time, i need advice if i should get it?

• 2011-11-08 10:52
  • fmvL
  • Mobin

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-07 18:30 from 3YbX - click to read i say Buy an iPhone if you have other apple products Specially Apple TV. I have every thing Apple and for me iPhone is everything, it's the brain of my Airplay system which brings and connect all my Air play enabled product to gather.
iPhone 4S + Apple TV + Air-play speakers = Heaven
No other device can mach the power of Apple Home sharing environment.
You can play music, video, and Also if you are intense gamer,,, mirror your iPhone in TV with out any connection, play games like a console, since your iPhone is like a controller and TV is what you are looking at. nothing can even come close, maybe the Wii U is similar but that's not released yet.
I have nothing against other OS's but god i Love my iPhone :) it's a phone that put a smile on your face at the end of the day.

• 2011-11-08 09:35
  • qbcE
  • PDA

Hi could you do an audio quality review cause I heard the audio codec chip in iPhone 4S is different. There have also been many ppl wanting to know is the quality is indeed worse or better. Thx

• 2011-11-08 07:49
  • vjta

never to have this kind of phone again after that ip4.there's no way to manage the phone by the owner but all through itunes

• 2011-11-08 07:13
  • t7AV
  • Wandee ;)

Iphone 4S huh. Not good enough.
1. Only 1Ghz + Dual Core? Lame.
2. Camera- No comment.
3. Siri? Damn stupid. Not work outside US. *make this phone same with IPhone 4*
4.Screen Resolution. Well. Quite enough.
5.same old Iphone 4 design.

• 2011-11-08 05:55