HTC Touch HD

HTC Touch HD

• Miko

Question to those of you who own this phone:

Is it possible to record the phone call? please confirm.
This function is important to me for my work because I get order numbers while I'm driving. Recording the work related calls have been a great help in my sony ericsson w880.

• peter

Anonymous, 01 Mar 2009But if you use WiFi in airplane mode you wont be able to receive... moreMy htc service said: there is no other solution at the moment.(Maybe at xda-developers?)

• zak

Anonymous, 01 Mar 2009zak, HTC web doesn't mention about updates, for sure you can upd... moredear reader thanks for your help ..
actually that was the missing point for me ..
i never purchased a windows mobile device and i have no idea if you can crack and hack same as im doing in my iphone ..ive tried this htc in the store and its really super but when i seen the review of the windows mobile 6.5 and the leaks of 7 both are far more finger friendly and upgrading the HD to any of them would make this device unbeatable...
so again to be very clear ..
hacking and cracking windows mobile devices concerning the version of windows is always possible , isnt it ???

best regards .

zak, 27 Feb 2009dear readers .. any one have any idea if this phone can be upgr... morezak, HTC web doesn't mention about updates, for sure you can update it, but the question is will HTC provide a free update ? If not, after the release of 6.5 search on the web, soon cracks will be available.

Michael, 01 Mar 2009Good evening guys, This question is aimed at the owners of this... moreNo, this is not correct

• Michael

Good evening guys,
This question is aimed at the owners of this device. Is it true that after even 5-7 mins of making calls, this fone gets really hot to the point where its close to burning point.
Is this true?

peter, 28 Feb 2009You have to use wifi in airplane mode. Then the device does not ... moreBut if you use WiFi in airplane mode you wont be able to receive incoming calls. Must be an alternative?

• Shocked

To all Australian's considering this phone through telstra.

I bought this phone outright from telstra $1399 AUD early Feb 09.

I was shocked to discover that the phone is missing several software features that were meant to be on there. It might even be locked to their network, I'm not sure as I am a telstra client anyway.

What seems to be missing:
Weather application
Stock/shares application
Ability to alter touch flo interface
GPS utility

What you get instead is a whole heap of links to telstra related sites offereng news weather finance tv shows etc and none of these links work with my home wireless network, they only work if I am using data download.

Be warned, I wasn't. Make sure you check out what you are getting before you get this phone from telstra.

• Anthony

HITMAN, 27 Feb 2009HI, If somebody know in HTC HD is missing bluetooth Explorer,... moreHITMAN... when you say bluetooth explorer, do you mean to send files from the phone explorer using bluetooth or do you mean to explorer your PC from your phone using bluetooth? Because if you are talking about sending/receiving files itís called "beam file" in the explore menu. But you have to make shore that "receive all incoming beams" is on the settings tab. if you want people to be able to send files to you.

• peter

jefins, 27 Feb 2009Is it possible to connect this phone to network through PC?Of course, you can conect internet via PC. Use active sync.

• peter

James, 24 Feb 2009Am I right in thinking that when connected to WiFi the phone use... moreYou have to use wifi in airplane mode. Then the device does not connect to 3G.

• Paolo

Hi to everyone, I want to know how good is the sound (media player) in this device? (better than Nokia 5800XpressMusic?), It's easy to sync-tranfer songs into the device?. I'm really concerned if the HTC Touch HD can be easily upgraded to windows mobile 6.5 and windows mobile 7 later on. Many thanks

what is the meaning of life?

• jefins

Is it possible to connect this phone to network through PC?

• HITMAN

HI,

If somebody know in HTC HD is missing bluetooth Explorer, so can advise me how to solved my issue. I's a really disapointed missing feature becouse HTC HD is not a middle clas PDA's is a high so why this important feature is missing. I really hope in next ROM update for HTC HD it will be improved.Now i found some Bluetooth Explorer installed but it wouldn't lunching. After instalation program added into bluetooth setting FTP Tab and when i try to mark " Enable Blouetooth Explorer" after push OK it's still unmark and icon BT not lunching. Please Advise me.

• zak

dear readers ..
any one have any idea if this phone can be upgraded to windows mobile 6.5 and 7 later on ???

• dybydx

Online streaming - Youtube is fine. No skips/jumps.

• Mark

Can anyone tell me if they have tried this Extended Battery for the HD?...found here http://www.boxwave.com/products/highcapacitybatt­ery/electraspan-high-capacity-extended-battery-h­tc-touch-hd_3387.htm
Claims to last twice as long as the original battery. It also comes with an enlarged backing for the HD.
If anyone has info on this, I would appreciate it...Good or Bad.

• Farrokh

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970none linda none
get LG's ARENA
Arena is simply the best fone of the year

• Hooshang

I am for sure going to buy a Touch HD . I just wanted to know if it is possible to have android os on Touch HD or even have a dual boot phone ?