LG G5

LG G5

There is a flood of H850 from China for under A$200. I've got one. Condition, hardware, camera seems excellent. But the software included Android security patch is Jan 2018, no updates available. I attempted to unlock (to load latest LineageOS on it), you have to submit data to developer.lge.com to get bootloader.
LG spit the error on me - the phone appeared to be LGH850.ISR - Isralian model (Even though Chinese sale it as EUROPE). And as it turns out all phones for Israel are OEM locked, no way around. Unfortunately, you do not see subversion unless you submit ID to LG. I've sent it back as I do not want a phone which is hackable by anyone.

• g6 user

Man Pass Man, 22 Mar 2019I like to buy this phone,but i am afraid of the comments ab... morethe phone is good overall it wont boot loop tat's totally false has decent memory and processor only issue is because of bad luck your display may have retention on screen but other than that excellent one of the best cameras nothing to envy to newer devices

• ms

Man Pass Man, 22 Mar 2019I like to buy this phone,but i am afraid of the comments ab... moreAvoid. I had too many die within months.

• Man Pass Man

I like to buy this phone,but i am afraid of the comments about the bootloop and other problems, what should i do? advise me.

03/20/2019 and still no oreo updated for my phone cant believe it
my next phone will be a Samsung for sure

Sinced Dec 2016 i owned it, this phone has nothing happened or problems for daily usage, H860 dual. Different with S7edge, about 3 months of usage, screen goes off and faster heated up. Thats my friend phone.

• NCEBA MAHAMBA

I have a LG G5 2017 MODEL. I broke my sim and memory tray. The local cellphone technician cannot obtain this part. Anyone who can held?

After for almost 1 year old, this phone made new problem. Now it heats up faster and drained the battery much faster than usual. Restarting and hard reset had nothing to do with this thing, it didn't give any improvements. After screen retention and had to fix it, slow updates and some minor problem on network, my sister is now had a total give up on this phone. So sad it's a piece of crap from LG. No wonder their sales is getting down every years. Planning to buy S10 or Note9. No more LG phones.

Apollo, 15 Feb 2019Where?Out of the target phone recycling bin. If you're in the US and got a nearby target, go through the phone recycling bin. There's tons of good stuff in there most the time (last I went I got the G5 and an Amazon Kindle Keyboard edition)

• Apollo

[deleted post]Where?

• g6 user

Ted, 07 Feb 2019Pretty decent performance and feel, although the unlock but... moreweird but tap focus and you got a sharp pic

• Ted

Pretty decent performance and feel, although the unlock button may need a couple clicks sometimes.
I love all the misc features like headphone jack, IR blaster, FM radio, removable battery and SD card slot, I wish more manufacturers would get on board with more of these.

The wide angle camera is a cool feature, but the main camera is decent at best. Basically it works pretty good for taking photos at a minimum distance of several feet away under ideal lighting conditions. The auto focus doesn't work for anything up close; even trying to take a picture of a page of text is difficult.

• Trevor Morecorn

Chris, 29 Jan 2019Just don't buy!Why

• g6 user

Man, 30 Jan 2019Why?? I ask coz wana purchase oneif u don't care about updates then your last version can be 7.0 or 8.0
some devices may have screen ghosting ...
some people say gps issues
mine has 7.0 and has screen ghost but no that bothers me at alli think most people complaint about it .. is the kind of people that use broken screen devices
any way overall good phone

• Man

Chris, 29 Jan 2019Just don't buy!Why??
I ask coz wana purchase one

• Chris

• TK

I've had this phone for about two weeks now and absolutely hate it. Even with various YouTube tutorials the GPS always craps out. Phone sometimes loses signal when switching cell sites. Half the time I call people even if stationary I'm told it's breaking up yet I have 3 bars. Charging port already acting up. DO NOT BUY

• Meno

Anonymous, 25 Dec 2018My LG G5 model RS988 still on android 7.0 :(You're pretty much in good hands! 8.0 update is not stable at all

So I've. been using this phone for more than a year. I started experiencing this issue that whenever the phone has to restart or even when I turn it off intentionally, it becomes difficult to turn it on again. It will power on with a divided screen( half dark, half ash).
So whenever that happens, I leave it for a week then after that it will power on normally again. So the thing is, as the phone is now powered on, I will not have any issue with the screen until I have to restart it. What will be the clause?

REJAUL, 16 Jan 2019is it has bootloop issues? please tell me, i am worried to buy...No, bootloop issues is something of the past. Like exploding batteries in the Note7.