Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

• davincianguy

I got this Nokia 5800xm last October 2009 and till now it was ok. Now just few days back the touch screen started acting weirdly and stopped respomding completely. I was just really helpless as all my contacts, sms messages and other things inside the phone. Luckily, had my contacts synced with the Ovi sync app so got saved as all my important contacts were sure to go with the phone. Anyways, i Hard reseted the phone as touch was out of order. After the reset it worked normal for 1 night but the next day same problem. The easy link Music, Web, Images tap kept on sticking out like it was being tapped on it. So, took it to the Nokia Care and dropped the phone for repair and now it has returned and working fine. But, after this i lost hope of this phone or Nokia as how can such a good company make a phone that stops working after just 7 or 8 months of purchase. I hadn't even used this phone i just listen to music and occasionally check Gmail. As i have HTC desire for my other purposes or uses. I have cared for the phone so much as i don't use it aggressively and it still looks new after use for 8 months but now i am worried that this problem will again arise from time to time. What the Nokia Care people told me what caused the problem with the touch and they told me that I updated the phone. Is that the right answer - why did Nokia give us the update if it wrecks havoc with the phone. Well I guess have no answer. Anyways, this is my story with the Nokia 5800 which was called the TUBE in batman movie. Well guy think before you buy this phone as it is only good for listening music and nothing else.

pipi, 17 Jul 2010hey guys can you give me the differents this phone with son... moreit has touchscreen.. and most of all it runs on symbian.. so u get so many 3rd party applications

• pipi

hey guys can you give me the differents this phone with sony ericsson w995

ANURAG, 16 Jul 2010hey guyz...... hacking the phne, signing apps: are both of... moreif you can't iunstall apps , just hard reset your phone. *#7370# , and ...voila!!! btw , the pass could be 12345

• Houward

Anurag, 17 Jul 2010Have u hacked ur phone?????Hi there, try 2 answr ur question. First.,spb mobile shell can be installed by just signed it ( if u had ur cer&key, u can use freesigner app 2 make it sign) but for TSUNAMI i haven't try it :p, and yes i hacked my phone twice, on f/w v.30 and f/w v.40 but i haven't try since i update to v.50. I don't know with other user but i still have my warranty when i fix this phone coz of slide lock prob...they fixed it with free of charge (my phone still hacked that time). Hope this help.. Cheers

• Anurag

pankazz, 17 Jul 2010hey bro. Hacking and signing are different things. Hacking ... moreHave u hacked ur phone?????

Parth, 16 Jul 2010hey, You can read the steps on how to hack 5800 in many for... moreThanks, i already tried once but gave up because the instructions werent clear. I'm not afraid to void warranty coz i'm thinking og going for the Moto droid after this, has great screen and games! Thanks once again!!! :)

• Anurag

serious man, 16 Jul 2010can anyone plz tell me after updating v5 or v6 how much spa... moreIt will take about 5-7mb space from ur phone memry.

• pankazz

ANURAG, 16 Jul 2010hey guyz...... hacking the phne, signing apps: are both of... morehey bro. Hacking and signing are different things. Hacking stops the warranty but signing apps is legal and u can do it without any fear of loosing the warranty

• Ps

Love, 16 Jul 2010Hey Bro........... do you know any java mobile video conv... moretry brothersoft format factory or any video convertor from softpedia or the parent company itself.peace!

sunny, 16 Jul 2010what video type does it save in mobile is it 3gp or mp4??both

max, 15 Jul 2010x6's body is nt good dude... its back is soo weak...made o... moredude,, for your kind inf'mtn,, x6 dosent have the memory card slot atall, infact its havin 16gb internal memory,,then wer's the qsn of memory card cover being broken away!!!!!!!!11

• sunny

what video type does it save in mobile
is it 3gp or mp4??

Anonymous, 16 Jul 2010this phone is simply a nightmare. I saw it frm my frnd and ... morethis not a high end phone dear.. It is a midrange. Thats where u made the mistake. Whatever negative opinion given still this phone speaks for itself.thats why although launch in 2008, ppl still cant take their eyes n mind from this phone. Its has its own magnet although new models from same/other model being launch. Actually the haters of this phone cant understand why ppl still love this phone. XM5800 only performed for those who loves it . Cheers..

• serious man

can anyone plz tell me after updating v5 or v6 how much space lost in phone memory???

i mean how much space left after ubdation???

• Parth

Anonymous, 16 Jul 2010Hello Parth, can you tell me one more thing, a way to hack ... morehey, You can read the steps on how to hack 5800 in many forums! I still haven't hacked my tube because of the fear of voiding my warranty. Will hack it after 9 months.

Parth, 16 Jul 2010Both can be used for free of cost. (Only if you keep A-GPS ... moreHello Parth, can you tell me one more thing, a way to hack 5800??? I download a lot of games but cant install most of them because they aren't signed. I'll be glad if you can give some advice coz i'm an absolute beginner to this hacking thing. And thanks for info on GPS. :)

• ANURAG

hey guyz......
hacking the phne, signing apps: are both of them same????
all i want is to install apps like orange tsunami, but i cant, i have downloaded them from many sites but they cant be installd, i have also tryed to install them by signing them first but it cant be installed due to ''untrusted supplier''.
Does hacking the phone will solve the probem??????
or u can also suggest me a site from where i can download & install user interface like orange tsunami.

can anyone tell me how to make spb shell full version(not by purchasing ofcorse).

hey guyz......
hacking the phne, signing apps: are both of them same????
Does hacking the phone will solve the probem??????

• Parth

Anonymous, 16 Jul 2010Can we use gps in 5800 without any data cost or wifi?????? ... moreBoth can be used for free of cost. (Only if you keep A-GPS disabled)