Samsung Galaxy S8+

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2019*Correction Some say dont let run down to below 15-20% and t... moreAnd there is an app called phone info in that when i see battery health it shows 94.7% sometimes it shows 95.0% it means battery health is degraded only 5% in 10 months so i think that is good

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2019*Correction Some say dont let run down to below 15-20% and t... moreI dont know but sometimes it gives less sot and when i charge it again it gives normal sot i dont know why but i cant say it is because of degradation maybe it is because some apps consumes more battery or some battery intensive app i am using

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2019*Correction Some say dont let run down to below 15-20% and t... moreYes i agree with you i also charge between 40 to 80 sometimes 30 to 80 or 85 so that way i have to charge my phone 2 times a day but i honestly didnt feel any degradation as such i am using it from 10 months now i dont fast charge i do normal charge

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2019Sorry I didn't answer your question fully. Yes it is widely acce... more*Correction

Some say dont let run down to below 15-20% and top up charges, rather than long charges from very low to 100% will help too.

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2019I agree with you but what if someone charges between 40 to 80 pe... moreSorry I didn't answer your question fully. Yes it is widely accepted that if you dont let your phones battery run down to a very low level before charging then this can prolong the life of the battery. Some say dont let run down to below 15-20% and top up charges, rather a charge from very low to 100% will help too. I generally stick to this but without being too obsessive about it as I want to enjoy my phone and not become obsessed with how many charging cycles the battery has endured since I first used the phone.

The main aim of my previous posts was to point out that just basically asking "How long will my battery last in my S8?" Will be determined by how you use the phone, the conditions etc

If someones battery degrades quicker than someone else's, over the same period of time, it doesn't automatically mean that there is something wrong with your battery. It's not as simple as that.

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2019I agree with you but what if someone charges between 40 to 80 pe... moreA full charging cycle is 100% so therefore to charge the battery from 40% to 80% is only part of a full cycle (40% of a full cycle) so for example if the next time you charged your phone was from 20% to 80% so in total a 60% charge. Then this added to the previous charge of 40% would be the equivalent of one charging cycle.

I hope this makes sense :) but other factors such as using fast charging compared to normal charging will have different impacts on the battery and different conditions such as the environment will have an impact on battery degradation E.g extreme heat or cold weather.

So as you can see it's a bit more complicated than just asking random people without any knowledge of how each person uses their phone and under what conditions and so on.

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2019Battery degradation will occur more rapidly the more the battery... moreI agree with you but what if someone charges between 40 to 80 percent by doing this can we increase charge cycles and overall battery health

Mongoose, 25 Oct 2019How many users have experienced significant battery degradation ... moreBattery degradation will occur more rapidly the more the battery is charged. Every time the battery is charged the battery will slightly degrade. This of course is natural.

To solely focus on the length of time someone has used their phone for and to NOT take into account the amount of times that the person has actually charged their battery shows a misunderstanding of the main causes of degradation of the S8 Plus' battery.

E.g

Someone who charged their phone a full charging cycle (100% in total) once every two days will find that their battery will degrade less over the same period of time compared to someone who charges their phone two full cycle charges (100%x2) per day.

Mongoose, 26 Oct 2019Thanks. That's a good observation Did your battery degraded and how long are you using it

Mongoose, 26 Oct 2019Thanks. That's a good observation Your welcome and also i will say that you should not charge your battery fully to 100 percenr and should not discharge it completely it will degrade the battery very soon you should charge your battery till 80 or 85 percent and should charge it when it drops to 30 or 40 percent it increases life of battery i also do that.

Anonymous, 25 Oct 2019Well i didnt feel any degradation at all though i am using it fo... moreThanks. That's a good observation

Mongoose, 25 Oct 2019How many users have experienced significant battery degradation ... moreWell i didnt feel any degradation at all though i am using it for 10 months now and to be honest the performance is almost the same as it was when i bought it and after pie update overall performance and battery life is improved so i am very much satisfied.

How many users have experienced significant battery degradation after more than one year use?

Jess, 22 Oct 2019Thanks Legend...same thing in my mind...i dont like to replace t... moreIf you go to an Official Samsung Outlet then IP68 rating will not be lost.

Here's a reply I received from Samsung when I asked them.

"In regards with your query, yes the phone still have the IP68 water resistance, since our engineers aims to bring back the device to its fully functionality and full features"

Any repairs including a battery replacements also came with a warranty too

• Jess

Anonymous, 21 Oct 2019It may of been yourself that had issues before with your battery... moreThanks Legend...same thing in my mind...i dont like to replace the battery coz...if i do so the water seal will be lost...do i will try to use the same battery somehow till its death...and again thanks for the reply...

Jess, 19 Oct 2019Hi Guys....need some help...iam using a samsung s8 plus since th... moreIt may of been yourself that had issues before with your battery and said on the 20th Sept here that  i" am using a wireless charger...it takes 4 hours to charge fully" and you were also having other battery related issues. I say that as you have the same user name and location. If so ...

Could it simply be that the battery has naturally degraded over time? I know mine has.

• Mir

Hi . Just now got an update for my samsung s8 plus. Now contacts , text messages are not opening. Showing error name ' android.process.acore' . Samsung what the hell is going on ? Could u plz send another update n fix this issue ? Omg I am so pissed off right now . I am in toronto , on , Canada. Thanks .

• Jess

Hi Guys....need some help...iam using a samsung s8 plus since the last year and faced no problem...but now i am facing a battery drainage issue like no before....please help me and its better if someone can tell me a way to increase the battery life,,,,thanks and hoping someones help

• parkou

Anonymous, 15 Oct 2019Your IMEI is lost due to much flashing and rooting this is the r... moreThank you so much for the suggested solution. I went at least to 2 repairers in my country (Burkina Faso) but they told me the phone was converted to sm-g955f dual sim from sm-g955n korean. they made a rom flash but still no imei. I have the box and they tried their best in vain. I don't know where to go anymore yet the phone stil pleases me.

Sam799, 18 Oct 2019It's pretty sad that it won't get any major updates, it is still... moreI completely agree.

The S8 Plus is a fantastic phone and still performs well to this day. No other phone out on the market right now is jumping out at me saying "buy me, buy me" and call me old fashioned but I hate this current trend of notches and punch holes on the screen..

After owning this phone since launch I feel no reason and in no rush at this moment to upgrade really. The S8 Plus still does a great job and will set a high benchmark for me personally when I eventually consider what phone to buy next.