Samsung i900 Omnia

Samsung i900 Omnia

• ducks

Shadrach, 14 Aug 2009:)...I may be wrong but that's what I see in my unit. I am actu... moresir, I plan to get the unit next week end when I visit the samsung store in manila. upon getting the unit, is it adviseable to bring it immediately to the service center for for firmware upgrade? this way I won't need to back-up my entries on the unit. Or do I need to use it first, Please advise and thank you so muc.

• Shadrach

ducks, 14 Aug 2009sir shadrach, thanks for the info. I was really a bit confused w... more:)...I may be wrong but that's what I see in my unit. I am actually waiting for a speech to text converter...now that's something I will find useful (personal note-taker) LOL

• ducks

Shadrach, 13 Aug 2009It is a bit confusing...maybe there is a ROM version that includ... moresir shadrach, thanks for the info. I was really a bit confused when I read what was on that website. Furthermore, I also seen some sites that gave specs that omnia had voice dialer. But you know best and you have your unit. I will push thru in getting the omnia.

• Shadrach

Update: I just installed Cyberon on my omnia. It is pretty geeky but it works fine. I will uninstall it and try voice2go...maybe toy around it when i'm alone...lol

• Shadrach

ember, 14 Aug 2009you can use your omnia as a modem by connecting your omnia to yo... moreHi ember, you're early today! lol. I have a question about that. Does that make your device serve as a dial up modem or will it use the wifi you are connected on using your omnia?

I haven't really tried that in my device since all my portables have wifi adapters. I might toy around it this weekend using my home wifi.

• ember

Chelly, 13 Aug 2009Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. Can I connect my phone to my... moreyou can use your omnia as a modem by connecting your omnia to your pc using the cable but first be sure that you have installed activesync to your pc (if your OS is XP) or windows mobile device center (for vista)

once your omnia is connected to your pc, look for the file 'internet sharing' in your omnia and activate it then hit connect

once connected, you can open the internet in your pc

cheers

• Shadrach

Tami, 13 Aug 2009Thank you Mr.SHadrach,the memory problem solved thanks for your ... moreYou're welcome. For more tweaks on internet cache, go to samsung-omnia.org and check the i900,i910 section. :)

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970adz,

You may...you may not...but it's always a nice-to-have application. You can visit omniahub.com for options.

• Shadrach

Mademoiselle_29, 13 Aug 2009hi all.... i just bought my omnia 2 weeks ago and after reading... moreMademoiselle_29

There are built-in themes though they're not quite Z"adventurous". I recommend getting the SPB Mobile Shell and SPB Mobile Shell Skins for better customization.
To change your keyboard, you can click on the arrfowhead located at the bottom center of the screen (while your keyboard is displayed. You will be presented with available options. I personally almost always used the Samsung Keypad. There is also a Samsung Phonepad (multitap). You can also download keyboard applications for better texting. I use RESCO keyboard now.

• Tami

SHadrach, 13 Aug 2009Remember that you have to download a registry editor application... moreThank you Mr.SHadrach,the memory problem solved thanks for your advice,the phone is a little bit faster although now it takes more time when i'm browsing internet using opera cause i had to delete cache & cookie at least the main memory isn't suddenly increase..

• adzerrific

sir jin & shadrach, do i have to get an anti-virus app for my omnia? salamat. thanks.

• Mademoiselle_29

hi all....
i just bought my omnia 2 weeks ago and after reading all of the forums and conversations in this site, i was kind of educated, hehehe.
question though, 1. how do i change theme or skin? it aint yet available in zedge.net or ownskin.com =(
2. how do i change interface of my keyboard? ive read from the previous forums that its possible to be changed for better texting experience =)

• Chelly

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. Can I connect my phone to my pc via WIFI and use it as a modem.

• Gerard

HI i need some assistance, I am new Omnia owner from S.A., really loving the phone, even though it is the second pne in just 2 weeks - my first was an OBF - however, I would like to know how can I increase the operation speed of the processor? I would like the phone to respond a little quicker.

Please advise me as soon as you can.

• Shadrach

ducks, 13 Aug 2009Hi sir! and thank you for replying on my query. Before you repli... moreIt is a bit confusing...maybe there is a ROM version that includes voice dialing....maybe they installed a voice dialing application. But as far as I know there is no voice dialing in my unit. I am actually about to install either voice2go or cyberon speed dialer...just weighing the features of the two (i already have the cab files :D)

• Shadrach

Anonymous, 13 Aug 2009thx jin but what i dont understand is why the service centre hav... moreThey actually upgraded it to the latest ROM version :)

• ducks

Shadrach, 13 Aug 2009ducks, The omnia does not have voice dialing by nature but yo... moreHi sir! and thank you for replying on my query. Before you replied, I was searching the web for any info on omnia voice dialing. I found a site that seems saying there is voice dialing. I just don't know how accurate is the info. would you be kind enough to check this. Below is the website...

The threads says there is voice dial...

Again, thank you for support and hope to hear your comment on the above website.

Jin Madera, 12 Aug 2009Tami start editing your registry HKCU software microsoft wi... morethx jin but what i dont understand is why the service centre have chged my rom from dzia5 to dzid1? anyway i dont seem any difference between this 2.

• Shadrach

ducks, 13 Aug 2009Hi mr. jin madera, I forgot to mention, I am from the philippine... moreducks,

The omnia does not have voice dialing by nature but you can install MS voice command or Cyberon speed dial so that you can enjoy this feature.

• ducks

Hi mr. jin madera, I forgot to mention, I am from the philippines and my old asus pda is running on wm5. I am using voice dialing more often than texting. That is why I asked if I could use voice dialing with omnia.