Samsung i900 Omnia

Samsung i900 Omnia

Epoch, 21 Aug 2008Hey just saw this video on youtube its about unboxing the omnia.... moreha ha ha thats excellent, there are some clever folks out there!

• lee

Anonymous, 20 Aug 2008I hope so, its what i'm going for, got standard n95 at mo but fa... morelol good thinking!! Fingers crossed!

• jon

Hi,

I've recently gotten the Omnia but now finding that the 'programs connect automatically as needed' feature is quite annoying (I would realise in the morning - if I leave my phone on, that it would have been connected on a data call for 7-8 hours!).

Does anyone know how to turn this feature off?
Happy to share my experience on this phone and answer any questions too.

Cheers
Jon

• Epoch

Hey just saw this video on youtube its about unboxing the omnia...really entertaining

Epoch, 21 Aug 2008I think that is a good tactic played by Tmobile, and I say this ... morenice one, i can't wait, bit of a tech freak! just got my new dell studio 17" lappy, just need the phone now! lol

• Epoch

Anonymous, 20 Aug 2008well said thanks. also i heard some time ago that t-mobile tend... moreI think that is a good tactic played by Tmobile, and I say this because getting repairs or replacements for phones is more expensive both cost and reputaion wise...so if they wait it out to bring a stable thing to the market...i dont blame them.
I have been personally waiting for this phone for 2 months now, my 18M contract with 02 is long over and I am just waiting for this to come out...I got a chance to play with the omnia when I was in Germany and believe me this phone is truly worth the wait...the camera app especially is one of the best i have seen...

Epoch, 20 Aug 2008If I could just make onething clear...there is a lot of comments... morewell said thanks.
also i heard some time ago that t-mobile tend to be the ones who are ultra cautious on releases as they do further heavy testing of new phones to make sure they are right and sound! Which is why they tend to have a smaller range than other networks, but have less problems with returns and stuff? don't know how true that is?

lee, 20 Aug 2008thanks for that i got n95 8gb at moment but ready for something ... moreI hope so, its what i'm going for, got standard n95 at mo but fancy some touch screen action, plus the windows thing will replace my current pda for work so sounds like a good bet. Nothing else close to it at moment anyway! Iphone is not advanced enough for me, particularly the camara. Have had samsung before and they are pretty good if not better now adays. Shame about all this neg ferret rubbish going around, at least ours will have less bugs and run smoother, the last thing i need is an impromptu visit to the retailer to have my phone fixed!
Anyway all being well 24th is our date and should get good deal from voda, just mention iphone to them! lol.

• Epoch

If I could just make onething clear...there is a lot of comments here going on about the fact that orange and 02 have the phone...now if a retailer like say carphonewarehouse or phones4u has the phone on orange or 02...that does not mean that the networks are doing it as well...it just means that these retailes have bought some of the phones from whereever and they are selling it with the network of their choice. A network exclusive release of the omnia is not for some days now and i believe Vodafone and orange are going to be the frontrunners in this. I have a contact in vodafone who tells me that they are developin a TV app for the omnia and so far the results are truly amazin. 02 is holding back for some days as it is clashing with the incognito( HTC touch diamond) but am not sure which comes out first. Will keep u posted if anything new comes up

• lee

Anonymous, 20 Aug 200824th August according to vodafone stores in doncaster york and h... morethanks for that i got n95 8gb at moment but ready for something different would u say this a good upgrade?

Anonymous, 01 Jan 197024th August according to vodafone stores in doncaster york and harrogate

Anonymous, 20 Aug 2008I've just had my Omnia delivered yesterday on O2 from CarphoneWa... moreNot in the UK, or if you have, which I doubt, you got the defunct version with first series ROM and bugs, all features shared by yourself

I've just had my Omnia delivered yesterday on O2 from CarphoneWarehouse. It's also now on their website.

epoch, 20 Aug 2008The better networks in the UK are not taking it in now and what ... moreOrange do not mention it, however i mention earlier i rang them up and asked whether they had the phone, they did, i ordered my upgrade and it came today.

Epoch, 20 Aug 2008For Uk people Ok, here's the scoop...I found out from an old fr... moreThanks for the posting. Amongst all the inaccuracies we read this seems the most viable and plausible explanations and confirms what I said this morning about commercial and technical reasons. Why Samsung or the networks can be honest is to their detriment. It takes much more to recover a damaged reputation. They must employ inadequates if they cannot work this out form themselves.

• epoch

Meesh, 20 Aug 2008Thanks soooooo much for that info, your a wee star! no problem...happy to help.

• epoch

Anonymous, 20 Aug 2008the problem is that samsung have had massive media attention on ... moreThe better networks in the UK are not taking it in now and what that means is that they want a solid product which works...Now phones 4 u...in some act of desperation are sellin this phone to boost sales but what u are getiing is not the uk release.
Orange have no mention of the omnia so I dont understand how people are commenting on this.
O2 will release it...and no dont worry about them doing the Iphone because they are a business at the end of the day and they will not want to loose out on any business from the omnia.

the problem is that samsung have had massive media attention on this phone and by not releasing information as to when the phone will be released, really brings their rep down because you think that samsung cant deliver and on top of that, the networks get a bad rep for not stocking for the phones, orange and phones 4 u all have the tocco and theyve released the omnia, many network providers are now going to be very disappointed as they see their customers leave to get this phone, im really get impatient now and might just go get the iphone instead ... Not happy ..

• Meesh

Epoch, 20 Aug 2008For Uk people Ok, here's the scoop...I found out from an old fr... moreThanks soooooo much for that info, your a wee star!

• epoch

singlelayer, 20 Aug 2008Right. Carphone Warehouse and e2save (owned by CPW) have it avai... moreexactly having a buggy phone now and then stressing to get it fixed is not a good idea...when if u just wait for it for some time to get a nearly bug free phone...I mean it is samsungs first WM phone and they ahve done a hell of a job on it so waiting a little bit more shouldnt be too bad