Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Mk2x86, 27 Aug 2008dude i'm a fan of nokia but at the same time u don't make any se... moreThe biggest technical problem for OLEDs is the limited lifetime of the organic materials. The intrusion of water into displays can damage or destroy the organic materials. Therefore, improved sealing processes are important for practical manufacturing and may limit the longevity of more flexible displays.

• Mk2x86

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2008I got news for you SE guys NOKIA are bringing out n85 AND n79 bo... moredude i'm a fan of nokia but at the same time u don't make any sense. OLED is cool but on the N85 it doesn't do anything special. the xperia x1 to me is a great phone, its a phone that does it all, one of the best out now. there are many possibilities when it comes to OLEDs and within the next few years we will see them become more popular and start to affect the phone industry, but until then we can only talk about whats already real and in use.

• ian

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2008I got news for you SE guys NOKIA are bringing out n85 AND n79 bo... moreand then, please go ahead ti your Nokia, and i am waiting Xperia.

• brynn

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2008I got news for you SE guys NOKIA are bringing out n85 AND n79 bo... morewhats different about these two nokias,its the same old damn fones to with altered names

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2008I got news for you SE guys NOKIA are bringing out n85 AND n79 bo... moreOh grow up!Different devices for a different market.What I will say, Nokia can't build a modern N-Series with a VGA screen.OLED with what resolution?WQVGA LOL LOL

• casper

This phone is HOT!!!!!! It's so on my wish-list!!!

I got news for you SE guys NOKIA are bringing out n85 AND n79 both phones KILL your out of dat xperia x1 and here's more news NOKIA are going to use OLED screens so be wise n don't waste cash on xperia x1

• VINAYAK

i feel bad this mobile have lot off feature but the thing i don't have tv/out
if u compare with samsung i 900 omina is very nice when compared to xperia soo think

• Oh God!

Why??? When??? give me a tip???

• Anuj

I have loved this fone ever since i 1st saw it online and cant wait for it to be available... the onli problem is sony is going on delaying it.. the same thing had happened wen they had launched the p990i..last i had heard tat its gonna be availablke from the 1st week of sept.. is it true??

• tjereks

Just had a hands-on experience with the X1(most probably the prototype) and my first impression is that it is simply cool. I have an Iphone and HTC tytn 2,and I think it is in a class of its own.

The easy of oprating it is commendable and the compactness is also cool. I could send txt with it easier that the HTC tytn 2.
I just wait for when it will be finally released. Hope it will not be too late.

• brynn

Sone, 25 Aug 2008Thanks:D But what do you mean that they change the ports again?... moreWhen you plug in the charger to the phone or your headfones that is what i call ports,,i suppose i mean sockets or jacks,,well last time they changed this when i went from p900i to k750i all the chargers,,desktop chargers and head fones all became redundant as they did not fit the new sockets/jacks..I wondered if they had kept the same proprietry sockets/jacks on the xperia.

• scoopyscoopy

I think, a 3.5 mm head phone jack is very important for a phone. I bought a sony 3.5mm headphone and use it in my wm phone the music quality is way better than the original one.

Even a lot better than iPhone, honestly. Even though I use an adapter for my HTC P3600. But you need HTC Audio Booster for headphone equalizer and need to tune it a bit. It is the best music experience.

But sadly the adapter didn't last long and already having loose connection sometimes. That's the main reason, I don't buy HTC touch diamond or pro.

• Sunny

Few questions about the X1?
1) Does the X1 have finger swipre navigation?
2) I noticed it does have the auto rotate but is it like the accelerometer int he iphone?
3) Would i be able to play around with the features on the phone on the touch screen (eq. zoom into pics, edit pics etc) as I would on an Iphone
4)IT doesnt have a TV out...so how can I play songs on external speakers through a 3.5mm jack?
5) I did read that SE was upgrading the 65k mentioned colors... is the true?

• JM_SA

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2008I've heard from a reliable source that this phone will be releas... moreyip, you are right. it is going to the museum, but it will be displayed as the eighth wonder of the world.

I've heard from a reliable source that this phone will be released very, very soon. But not for sale to the public, but directly to a museum, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• rman

I actually discussed the release date of this phone with a reliable source. I was told it may be released in a few weeks, for about 700-800 CDN

• ampm

okay thx uve been rly helpful:D

• Sone

ampm, 25 Aug 2008thx sone and another question...how loud is it...becuase i hope ... moreNo problem:)
But i dont know much about the x1
But some of the review here below state that the loudness of the speakers are are good enough for them and the speed also
But still they are prototypes

I just visit (p)review sites like :

ttp://www.bengalboy.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.­php?topic_id=1107&forum=8&post_id=6593

And other sites i couldnt find at tha momment

Plus i read also the posts and discussion of Gsmarena, Esato and others

And Youtube

Peace

• fellah

An adapter from SE port to 3,5 is not that hard to find (and not that pricy). 3,5mm is the standard for PC/mp3 audio output/input anyway so it was a good idea to switch to that, props. The SE mini speakers were of very good quality though, but the offer in 3,5mm portable speakers is 5 times as big. And using your phone battery for your portable speakers, that just doesnt seem that convenient to me (Batt empty in 2 hours)